PDA

View Full Version : If you'd been God

ablueclaret
01-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Now I know we've had bad experiences at his hands and that doubt and cynicism have been the result, but if you'd been God how different would you have made the world and human beings !!

barracuda
01-01-2014, 10:27 AM
I would have made honesty mandatory

ablueclaret
01-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Freedom not for you barracuda

joe14
01-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Lets just say- You wouldn't be posting stupid dumb ass threads on here ;D

ablueclaret
01-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Another repressive God Joe.

TuftyBeamish
01-01-2014, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't have created my favourite species sick and then commanded them to be well. Then I would have retired.

ablueclaret
01-01-2014, 10:51 AM
You always appear very well to me though Tufty. No death or illness then, no reproduction either ?

TuftyBeamish
01-01-2014, 10:58 AM
In fairness he didn't originally create us to breed. He made Adam and his mate(in the original sense of the term) and they were, to all intents and purposes, immortal. It was only their fall(eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge) that led to they becoming mortal and therefore having to propagate.

Speaking of which, if I had created Eden(apparently somewhere in Mesopotamia) and put my two guileless, guilt-free and naked humans in it, I might have put the very objects that might scupper the whole show(namely the snake and the tree) somewhere other than in the middle of the garden.
Mayhap the tree in the Outer Hebrides and the snake in the Amazon?

BigDave48
01-01-2014, 11:14 AM
I'd have shown your dad how to put a condom on...;D

lefttit
01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
I'd move turf moor near to abc one saturday afternoon so he could finally watch a game.

mdd2
01-01-2014, 11:34 AM
I wouldn't have put an amusement park next door to a waste disposal unit for starters.

Boliclaret
01-01-2014, 02:57 PM
CM posters would constantly ask me, Why did you create ABC?

and could you not have rested on that day?

Happy New Year ABC btw. Good health and happiness to all your kin.

gazsus
01-01-2014, 03:39 PM
"if you'd been God how different would you have made the world and human beings"

No 'god' created either of these things.

Silly question. :P

stevie_thunder
01-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I would have put an explanation about the dinosaurs in my autobiography.

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 10:03 AM
One senses people are pretty content with the world they've got so wouldn't want many changes.

RedBasie
29-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Now I know we've had bad experiences at his hands and that doubt and cynicism have been the result, but if you'd been God how different would you have made the world and human beings !!

I would not have made it impossible for humans and other fauna to exist without eating each other. If we have to eat let be inorganic matter or tap into the sun's energy like plant life and trees do.

Norder
29-12-2016, 11:08 PM
but if you'd been God - how different would you have made the world and human beings !!

maybe....with a planetarium style firmament....and the trick that we were floating around balls.....on a ball.

;D

:)

blueheeler1
30-12-2016, 03:15 AM
In fairness he didn't originally create us to breed. He made Adam and his mate(in the original sense of the term) and they were, to all intents and purposes, immortal. It was only their fall(eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge) that led to they becoming mortal and therefore having to propagate.

Speaking of which, if I had created Eden(apparently somewhere in Mesopotamia) and put my two guileless, guilt-free and naked humans in it, I might have put the very objects that might scupper the whole show(namely the snake and the tree) somewhere other than in the middle of the garden.
Mayhap the tree in the Outer Hebrides and the snake in the Amazon?

I always thought thus:-

Why bother to make a tree bearing fruit then say don't eat it? Setting us up to fail isn't nice.
Much better to have built the tree on another planet or on an island with barbed wire all around it so no human could reach it.
Better still, why bother creating a fruit tree in the first place? It wasn't necessary to sustain life. So did God create other stuff that had no real purpose other than as a test? For example, what are we supposed to learn from Manchester United?
Who WAS allowed to eat the fruit? If no-one or no other creature isn't that wasting resources?
If the test was "you didn't listen to me" then DERRR!
Personally I have to wonder at God's persona.

He is jealous God--quick to anger--he loves--he doesn't listen--he holds grudges (Moses never got to go into the Promoised Land because he argued with God).

All human traits.

So maybe OC really was God--after all?

The Bedlington Terrier
30-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Where is ABC these days? :confused:

CaspertheClaret
30-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Still trawling on the other board.His holes have become bigger and he catches less. Still smells like mackerel gusset though.