PDA

View Full Version : Something essential returned today...

jdrobbo
01-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Link-up play!

I think it's the one ingredient that has been lacking in recent weeks. Although vokes has gone a fair period without a goal, he constantly provided a platform to build from. On a few occasions he linked up well with Ings and his ball for Trippier's goal was first class. This feature of his game was so prominent in the first couple of months of the season and it was great to see him put on so many chances for others today. He just needs a goal now.

Ings made clever runs off vokes and Arfield; he looked much sharper today. The whole team appeared to show for the ball far more and this was reflected in the large number of chances created. On another day, the game would've been dead and buried long before the end.

Promising signs. Let the link-up play continue!

UTC

DiBranchio
01-01-2014, 09:30 PM
For all the possession that Town had, and let's be fair, Robins has got them playing good football, they had nothing like the clear cut chances that we created.
Danny Ings will surely never have a better chance to grab himself a hat-trick or two. :)

PapaBendi
01-01-2014, 09:32 PM
pleased to hear it

DiBranchio
01-01-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm pleased to hear that you're pleased to hear it.

jdrobbo
01-01-2014, 11:22 PM

solidsilver1862
01-01-2014, 11:56 PM
you were right to say Danny ings would never have a better chance to gain a hat-trick but this is why Liverpool are placing a 120 million pound value on Suarez. We have got to be realistic at Burnley if we was not, we would be end up like Bolton, down the road,164 million in the red. FAIR PLAY LEAGUE WHAT DOES MEAN?
Our Manager as not spent a pound since hes been here,Were second in the Championship other clubs are spending millions we cant get a gate over 17,000.Which other club takes 5,000 for a Championship game at Wigan. All claret supporters are "Angels, in disguise" they must be.

Quicknick
02-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Leeds took 7,000 to Bburn but I take your point.

daveisaclaret
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
Agree entirely John. Can't help but think it was a much-improved performance from Ings that kickstarted it all.