PDA

View Full Version : Who for Burnley - January

lancaster100
01-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Not sure about all the contractual positions, but my list of players to consider are as follows:

1. Albert Adomah - every time I have seen him play he is strong, quick, influential and he also scores. Would be a good aquisition. Part of this could include Ryan Tunnacliffe.

2. As forwards one of the following; Bamford, Wells or Lindegard.

3. Would like to see midfielders to push our current midfielders. May be Chaplow = he would at least have local pride. It might help him to restart his career.

4. A centre half to compliment Shakell. Not really sure who but needs to be ready made. Someone with a bit of pace.

Four players down the spine to bolster the squad. Lets do it directors give SD the ability to pick 4 players that are ready made. hat done and the league will e ours for the taking.

PapaBendi
01-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Adomah is a huge threat at this level but we missed our chance to get him in the summer.

ColdPieWarmBeer
01-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Pretend for a second Duff is 24. Because he's been as good as any 24 year old with pace could have ever done for us this season.

(If he doesn't get a contract extension, I'm not renewing!)

ColdPieWarmBeer
01-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Dog$hit website won't let me edit, but just to add, we've the 2nd best defensive record in the division, only behind gajillionaire boring 1-0 merchants, QPR. We've conceded eight fewer than league-leaders Leicester.

daveisaclaret
02-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Middlesbrough paid a million quid for Adomah 5 months ago and he has been really good. How are we going to get him now?

Bamford off to Derby, too.

Quattro
02-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Chaplow isn't a bad shout for starters because he can pass it and can get box-to-box. Plus, with his family in Baxenden and previous links to the club, it may work well, depending on the players package.

However, without looking at what else is available, there are no comparisons to make.

edison
02-01-2014, 10:21 AM
The same Chaplow who signed a permanent deal with Millwall in the summer?

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Are they still on the road ? Clapped out old farts by now.

cockneyclaret
02-01-2014, 10:29 AM
1) martyn waghorn.. young and wont cost no more than 500k

2) steven hunt from wolves..

3) nahki wells.. offer a player plus cash

4) kevin phillips (super sub)

5) take a total gamble on that yeovil striker.. paddy ????

edison
02-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I know nothing about football, really I don't, but even I know cockneyclaret is on the wind up here.

I do know a thing or two about Irish players - Hunt now plays for Ipswich and Madden is just plain awful.

Atticus62
02-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Watching MOTD last night was thinking Kevin Nolan could do with a couple of months away from West Ham ... cheeky loan bid would see us get ideal cover for Jones and Marney in midfield ! ;D

cockneyclaret
02-01-2014, 10:39 AM
Few more for you edison

Clayton Donalson

Tom Pope

;-)

edison
02-01-2014, 10:42 AM
It's a shame the `like it' button is out of commission CC

cockneyclaret
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
What ever happened to nicky maynard???
Was at Cardiff last I think?

edison
02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
He still is - has played about half a dozen games this season according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia.

Decent Championship player, but you wonder how many Cardiff players will be leaving before the new manager has a look at them?

taio
02-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Assuming none of our key players leave in January, and I don't see why that would happen, then I would like to see two loan players. It's difficult to say who might be available and realistic for a loan deal, but Graham Dorrans and Lucciano Becchio might fit the bill.

cockneyclaret
02-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Theres a fair few players of championship standard at the 'lower half' prem clubs which could be persuaded to drop a league just to play again.

claretspice
02-01-2014, 12:15 PM
I hope at least one signing we make in January is a permanent addition - particularly a striker, because the reality is that unless we get promoted, we've only going to see Danny Ings a maximum of 22 more times in a Burnley shirt in the league. We need to invest in someone who can replace him on the production line next season. Ashley Barnes is a decent sort of player to be linked with in that regard, but I'd be equally happy for us to look at one or two of the up and coming strikers in Leagues One and Two (I've seen some talk of Leon Clarke, which I'd be a bit ambivalent about because he's 28 and whilst talented has a bit of a chequered CV).

In midfield, we really are better stocked than people give us credit for but I'd not be unhappy if we brought in something of an all-rounder in midfield - someone with decent energy but also a bit of quality on the ball in case Jones has to miss a game or two.

bodge
02-01-2014, 01:14 PM
I'd be much happier with Leon Clarke's strike partner Callum Wilson, he's rapid and fast forging a for himself.

One thing we lack is pace and this boy would address that.

3putt
02-01-2014, 01:33 PM
We obviously need an additional striker.

As mentioned above we have an excellent defensive record this season so I don't see a defender as priority.

Would like to see an additional attacking midfielder who is capable of scoring a few. As good as Marney and Jones are,they not going to help with the goal tally.

claretspice
02-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Jones has pedigree for scoring goals, its the one disappointment that he's not got going in that regard yet. But in the last couple of games he's been getting into goalscoring positions far more frequently so with luck he'll start to contribute in that regard.

3putt
02-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Jones goal scoring pedigree isn't that good. A ratio of approximately 1 in 10 career to date and no goals in 29 appearances for Wigan and none in 22 for us.

edison
02-01-2014, 02:19 PM
He scored at York in the cup. He's getting close in the league too. Unlucky not to score at Wigan.

3putt
02-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Very good player for us. But never going to be a goal scoring midfielder and neither is Marney.

Hopefully they might chip in with the odd one or two.

Notrigsbyscat
02-01-2014, 02:57 PM
talking to a Millwall fan yesterday at Heathrow, and he reckoned we were in for Keogh, but also James. Given that James signed for Wolves a couple of hours later, I don't have much faith.

As for Wells, he will cost too much - close to 1.5m by the time the bidding is finished

socrates
02-01-2014, 08:12 PM
I like Football Manager too.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
03-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Loads ofs already linked probably mostly down to agents or simply just made up.

A striker or possibly two and a midfielder would represent good business with no outgoings obviously.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Speculation is a waste of valuable life time - leave it to SD.

barrie_burn
03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
My Cardiff City season ticket holding friend cannot understand why they have not been playing Nicky Maynard in the absence of Cornelius.Maybe Malky Mackay just didn't fancy him.

claret47
04-01-2014, 10:32 AM
After watching Gillingham v Wolves last night, I think Bakary Sako would be an excellent signing for us. Or it's about time lotty got his bike out and started scouring the French fields!

Jamb0MackemClaret
04-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Sako is class but is probably on the wages of half our team.

pstotto
04-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm glad non of you actually manage Burnley, basically non of you have a clue and neither do I, I trust Dyche to know about what needs adding to the squad and who they might be. How many of you were suggesting Scott Arfield before the season, in fact how many clarets fans had even heard of him before the start of the season?

taio
04-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Pstotto, so you're suggesting people shouldn't discuss potential transfer targets on a football message board?

pstotto
04-01-2014, 02:35 PM
No, not all, let's have fun, but thank God the actual decision-making is left to someone else.

Notrigsbyscat
08-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Nouha Dicko anyone?

6 months left on his contract, doing well on loan on level down, could possibly be the next in our forwards conveyor belt?

minniemouth
08-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Ashley Barnes appears to be the guy SD is determined to sign. It'll probably be Jan32nd before it goes through.

I've shouted out for Leon Clarke a few times this season and he's still the man for me. Lost his excess weight, scored goals at our level, has something to prove.

claretspice
08-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Problem with Clarke is age and resale value - he's 29 in a month. If he costs us 500k, we're probably not going to get it back.

Jutkiewicz and Barnes are both 24, so young enough to improve and go up in value. Even Craig Davies is a year younger than Clarke (and probably wouldn't be as costly in the first place).

We have to strengthen this January to give ourselves a chance of promotion, but we've got to do something with one eye on the longer term and the need to have assets which mean we won't just recover our investment, but earn on it as well.

If we're looking for others to chuck into the pot - Marvin Sordell's loan at Charlton hasn't gone very well, he's only 22 and his mentor was Dyche at Watford. I've no idea what Bolton would want for him but I'd not be unhappy if he arrived at the Turf. Dicko's another who isn't a ridiculous shout.

whittyclaretandblue
08-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Kidderminster striker Joe Lolley certainly knows where the net is at a lower level. 88 in 83 in non-league and 7 in 16 for Kidderminster, 21 and a mate who watches Harriers says he is too good for conference football. There are other championship clubs monitoring him Huddersfield being one but he must be worth a look as a long term investment/ possible replacement for Danny.

Notrigsbyscat
14-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Kalifa Cisse's contract at Derby is up. Defensive midfielder?

mkmel
14-01-2014, 04:52 PM
I can't stand the club but Milton Keynes FC's central midfielder Stephen Gleeson would be a good capture and I think that he may well be out of contract in the summer so could be cheap.

clareturion
14-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Well I'll throw a curved ball into the arena

Paddy McCourt Barnsley. Has the technique to be a game changer, but his work ethic would have to improve...but a sniff of the premiership and a small fee + player loan might suit both player and Barnsley.

The Bedlington Terrier
14-01-2014, 06:24 PM
My mate John the Barnsley fan (who I have mentioned before) is a devotee of Paddy and thinks he could easily play in the Prem. Certainly would offer us something different!