PDA

View Full Version : Half time competition at Villa Park on Saturday!

northantsvillan
02-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Well it appears that I am going to be one of the people to kick a ball and try to win a prize at half time during the game on Saturday!

bodylessheath
02-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Can you do the Birdy Dance while you're hanging around with the others on the pitch, so we know it's you ? XD

northantsvillan
02-01-2014, 05:08 PM
I think the fact they will say it is Paul from Northampton will help but subtle birdy dance is not out of the question

NuclearDevice
02-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I do hope you manage to hit the target and win a fab prize. Not seen anyone do it yet. There must be a slope right to left or something or just that it's usually some numpty who can't kick a ball.
I hope your practising at your local park pitch with every waking hour taken up perfecting your 60 yard passing onto a sixpence technique.

Good luck. And hope your birdy dance gets a laugh.XD XD XD

Arran007
02-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Well it appears that I am going to be one of the people to kick a ball and try to win a prize at half time during the game on Saturday!

I hope you do better than the pair that attempted it on Saturday, they kicked like they had been having shooting lessons off Tonev ;D

Good luck anyway mate !

bodylessheath
02-01-2014, 08:54 PM
I think the fact they will say it is Paul from Northampton will help but subtle birdy dance is not out of the question

Well, we've been kicked out of our customary Nth Stand seats, so in the Trinity Rd middle tier, B1, so just perfect for you to turn to us, flap your wings (subtly if you like) and we'll all give you the Mexican wave !!!!
We don't want to be chanting repeatedly 'Northants Pants' ... you're representing this site so we're expecting bulls eye. Just saying loike >:)

northantsvillan
02-01-2014, 10:23 PM
I am normally queuing for my pie and Bovril at half time so have not seen the target or how impossible it is. I may not win a prize but I will be able to say I kicked a football in a competitive game on the Villa Park pitch in front of 37.000 fans

Arran007
02-01-2014, 11:47 PM
I am normally queuing for my pie and Bovril at half time so have not seen the target or how impossible it is. I may not win a prize but I will be able to say I kicked a football in a competitive game on the Villa Park pitch in front of 37.000 fans

Its more than you'll see Tonev do ;D

MissWinnie
03-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Go sock it to the target Northants! :D

NuclearDevice
03-01-2014, 06:58 PM

You'll be lucky if there's 20,000 :blue:

northantsvillan
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
It will be less people to embarrass myself in front of I guess

bongosdad
03-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Good luck northy! Try and get a video of it :D

Exiledvillan
04-01-2014, 08:34 AM
All the best Northants, give it socks.

northantsvillan
04-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys :D

northantsvillan
04-01-2014, 05:20 PM
I am sorry to say I totally skuffed my shot and was awful was in keeping with everything else that went on on the pitch this afternoon

Exiledvillan
04-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Seems we cant even rely on one of our own :P . Unlucky mate. XD .

northantsvillan
04-01-2014, 05:40 PM
I did get given a scarf as a consolation prize. I also got to stand by the tunnel as the players went off at half time. Close up they looked miserable and the abuse that I could hear was quite personal towards some players

bodylessheath
04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
I was dead in line with your 'effort' - and I'm afraid the verdict was definitely 'Northants Pants'.
But your performance was still better than that pile of cr@p out there on the pitch !

northantsvillan
04-01-2014, 06:29 PM
You couldn't fault my effort and endeavour but it was not the result we all wanted ;D

dazzyo-villa
04-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Nice one Northants, hey we all scuff em pal XD

As for what you say about the abuse, I can understand the motive I really can but it don't do the players any good does it.

northantsvillan
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
I can fully understand the motive and I am as annoyed as the next fan but when you are pretty much standing next to the player it is aimed at and you can hear the hatred in the voices it kind of makes you wince.

NuclearDevice
05-01-2014, 08:56 AM
You couldn't fault my effort and endeavour but it was not the result we all wanted ;D

You're a young lad learning his trade in the biggest league in front of highly expectant fans. You're obviously in transition during your long term plan and still a work in progress. You gave it everything yesterday, your best shot, but just came up short. You're disappointed but there's next week to plan for. ;D ;D ;D :P :P

Hope you enjoyed your day out. :star: