PDA

View Full Version : Ings would be a fool to leave

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 09:00 PM
January is rarely a good time to leave a club or to join one. All players take time to settle, adjust and blend their skills into a new side.
Ings would be a fool to sign for a side facing a relegation battle where expectations would be sky high and reputations easily lost.
Strikers like wingers rely on confidence, confidence comes for young players slowly, they don't have the experience to deal with set-backs or unrealistic crowd pressure.
Ings can go higher than the Premiership basement, he needs to be patient and see this season out, then he might be ready for the big leap up rather than a disappointing quick fix which many on here would wish on him,
Sometimes waiting has its merits and I hope for his and our sakes he and his agent don't jump the gun and lose out on a potentially long-term career in the Premiership.

gogogadgetlegs
02-01-2014, 09:04 PM
The proposition of being a fool has never stopped you, nor myself really.

The proposition of 30k etc per week might though!

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Who needs more than 30K/year, You can live well on 20.

gogogadgetlegs
02-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Get real you daft beggar you :D

royboyclaret
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Money talks of course and no more so than in football. Ablue talks about the confidence of a young man, well anyone at TM on Wednesday witnessing the way Ings despatched his second goal will tell you it was almost Messi-esque in it's execution.

Danny is heading for the very top, of that there is little doubt, but from a selfish point of view we desperately need to hold on to him at least until we see how this season unfolds.

gogogadgetlegs
02-01-2014, 09:21 PM
I acknowledge that and concur, however Charlie and Jay hoofed it for a few dollars more.

The window shopping offered in the Prem is worth a try though as I am sure they all agree.

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Jay and Ings are exceptionally talented players. Jay has taken time to settle and could well have found himself back in the Championship plying his trade.

Confidence on the pitch is one thing but that can quickly be destroyed by the shinanigans at the club one heads to.
Nobody in their right minds would go to Cardiff if they were looking for a long-term future in the Premiership.
Ings can have that but the wrong move at the wrong time for the wrong reasons might well delay or even abort his future success.

royboyclaret
02-01-2014, 09:41 PM
"I acknowledge that and concur, however Charlie and Jay hoofed it for a few dollars more."

One comforting thought is neither Charlie or Jay left during the January window.

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 09:47 PM
The time for a young player to leave is the summer, time to integrate into the squad then.

Notrigsbyscat
02-01-2014, 09:52 PM
you have impressive qualifications, ABC, to judge fools

;D

ablueclaret
02-01-2014, 09:55 PM
A knave and a fool Rigsby.

LoveCurryPies
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Let's hope we don't lose any players and maybe get a signing or a player on loan. These endless 'what if' threads are totally pointless.

We are in an incredible position as we go into the final half of this season. Let's enjoy that, back the Club, players and Board...and dare to dream.

The final games are going to be nail-biting!!

GordonvaleClaret
02-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Any footballer's next game may be his last game. "Make hay while the sun shines" is a fact of life to them.

Toby1
02-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Danny Ings will not be leaving Burnley this month.

raspberryfool1
02-01-2014, 11:19 PM
has your wife left you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toby1
02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
"Danny Ings will not be leaving Burnley this month."

Unless of course someone offers "really" silly money like 20 million :)

Alp12Mac
03-01-2014, 06:41 AM
I really don't get this assumption that all Premier League players are on barrow loads of cash per week (relative to the top earners).

Wasn't Andros Townsend reputed to be on less than 10k per week until recently?

Are there any 'Loose Cannons' (Redknapp, Brown etc) managing in the Premier League now?

If Ings was to go to any club IMO I doubt he would be offered 10k let alone 30k per week.

taio
03-01-2014, 06:57 AM
'If Ings was to go to any club IMO I doubt he would be offered ?10k a week let alone ?30k per week'

I'm sorry but if he goes to another club in January he would certainly be on multiples of what he earns now and would be far in excess of ?10k per week.

Alp12Mac
03-01-2014, 07:47 AM
I don't disagree it would be for more than now but I still maintain there is a myth surrounding wages for the lower level and less high profile players.

I don't know what anyone gets paid but doubt anyone at Burnley gets more than ?5k per week so ?10k would sound about right to me.

taio
03-01-2014, 07:54 AM
If a premier league club is spending millions on them then I would have thought the player can expect to earn at least 30k a week. Probably need to use Rodriguez as an example and I understand he's on c30k pw, or Austin who is on much more than 10k a week and is still playing championship football.

scamander
03-01-2014, 08:43 AM
one aspect not factored in is that Ings has had two knne injuries. Whilst this may have made him more grounded it may also have reminded him of the fragile nature of professional football.

We hear about the million-pound men all the time, but many suffer injuries which curtail their careers. A 3/4 year contract on 10k+ a week might seem more attractive in this context.

The Bedlington Terrier
03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Sorry if I appear repetitive but let's face it, if an offer comes in for Danny at ?10,000,000 pounds sterling plus he is a goner! SD would buy two one million pound strikers, we would be financially secure and still get promoted. Danny is good but he is not irreplaceable, neither were Jay Rod or Charlie Boy. I would love all three to be here but we are Burnley not..?

Jamb0MackemClaret
03-01-2014, 09:31 AM
It's not that long since Jay Rodriguez was a fool for going for Southampton and he's now an England international.

Ings might have half an eye on Brazil. He won't go if he stays at Burnley, but if he moves and scores a few by the end of the season then you never know do you?

ablueclaret
03-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Have to disagree 13552 we will only be financially secure again if we get promotion.

If we did sell Ings we might indeed purchase new players but the chance of them settling into the side and producing the goods in the second-half of the season is small.
Build on what you've got if its a successful project, not take it apart.

Looking at it from Ings perspective, yes injury might rob him of a Premiership career if he stayed, but he's far more likely to succeed at that level if he goes in the summer to a decent club than if he ships now to a club in distress.
My personal hope is that he stays with us, gets us promoted and stays a year or two to establish us in the premiership. I believe he could do it.

ablueclaret
03-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Jay's career was in the balance at Southampton for some time but they've gradually built up a good side there in which his talent has matured.

CnBtruntru
03-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Just on Sky 15mins ago Mr Dyche has said we do not need to sell our 19 goal hero in the January Sales :D :D :D

so all you panic stricken jump off the boat types Chill out lads, we will be promoted by end of April, Crowned Champions in May. ;D

ablueclaret
03-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Do not need isn't the same as won't.

uni_queue
03-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Per article on BBc website - sept 2013

Average salaries in English Leagues

Premier League: 25,000 to 30,000 a week. Top earners: 250,000

Championship: 4,000 to 5,000 a week. Top earners 8,000 to 9,000

League One: 1,700 to 2,500 a week
League Two: 1,300 to 1,500 a week

A 20k a week pay rise would have some attraction in these times of austerity :D

ashtonlongsider
03-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Think if thats Champiomship top earners they must have forgot to take QPR's wage bill into account.

Rileybobs
03-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Don't know if it was reliable, and I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm way out, but I was told by someone who works at the club that Burnley's wage cap is ?8k.