PDA

View Full Version : Dillon...

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Time for him to get his head out his backside.

Souttar could do with a break from the limelight and surely to f*ck we should be able to rely on our club captain to step up?

If Dillon was truly our captain, souttar would be learning from him and maybe occasionally playing alongside him. Instead, Dillon has been a bombscare.

It can't carry on, as I don't see how it isn't having a negative effect on the squad.

Get it together Sean

silverish
02-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Wasnae even playin yesterday and still gittin a hard time. :blue:

No real.

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 08:56 PM

No real.

Am I wrong?

Young players need leaders and role models. Dillon needs to be that leader, he's the captain of the club.

Everyone is allowed a dip in form, but Dillon has more responsibility as captain.

He should be the one leading the team out of this sticky patch.

stokearab
02-01-2014, 09:02 PM

No real.

Am I wrong?

Young players need leaders and role models. Dillon needs to be that leader, he's the captain of the club.

Everyone is allowed a dip in form, but Dillon has more responsibility as captain.

He should be the one leading the team out of this sticky patch.[/quote]

Maybe I'm wrong - been wrong before ;D but the impression I get is that Dillon is the "club" captain and Rankin is the on field captain. Only seen us once this season though and I couldn't see any captains leading us at Paisley :(

silverish
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM

No real.

Am I wrong?

Of course yer wrong. Yer blamin a guy for yesterdays fiasco when he was sittin on the bench ffs. Whatever you think o him as a player, he canna be singled oot fir yesterday.

He's being made your scapegoat and that's bang oot o order.

EastStand_Elite
02-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Press foive is gash though, let's no phuck about here.

silverish
02-01-2014, 09:23 PM

Whether you think he's gash or no, he canna be blamed fir yesterday.

NAREYETAL
02-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Cannae blame either Dillo or Donkey for yesterday

FACT

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 09:27 PM

No real.

Am I wrong?

Of course yer wrong. Yer blamin a guy for yesterdays fiasco when he was sittin on the bench ffs. Whatever you think o him as a player, he canna be singled oot fir yesterday.

He's being made your scapegoat and that's bang oot o order.[/quote]

If you could highlight what part of anything I've said blames him for yesterday, I'd really appreciate it.

For what it's worth, I think he's a good player on his day. But he's got to step up and be counted and he has to do it now. Otherwise he

shedka
02-01-2014, 09:31 PM

No real.

It's becoming a bit embarrassing reading the stick Dillon gets from some "fans"

A reliable player for us for years and a respectable representative off the park, been here during mostly good times and made more appearances than any non Scot ever has for the club

Hasn't even had a run of games recently and when he has, it's rarely been beside Gunning and therefore he is usually left side

Just hope the boo boys stay at home on Sunday, fans need to play our part, allowing any negativity to transform onto the park due to the last week wont help anyone (as we found out last season during last years festive period, the fans were embarrassing at times), being positive as we have been for months now at home will help

NAREYETAL
02-01-2014, 09:33 PM
NOPE I WILL BE THERE AS USUAL XD

silverish
02-01-2014, 09:42 PM

No real.

A reliable player for us for years and a respectable representative off the park, been here during mostly good times and made more appearances than any non Scot ever has for the club

Hasn't even had a run of games recently and when he has, it's rarely been beside Gunning and therefore he is usually left side

Just hope the boo boys stay at home on Sunday, fans need to play our part, allowing any negativity to transform onto the park due to the last week wont help anyone (as we found out last season during last years festive period, the fans were embarrassing at times), being positive as we have been for months now at home will help[/quote]

Here here.

A brilliant and loyal servant to Utd, who imo has earned the right to hae bad g

EightyThree
02-01-2014, 09:44 PM

No real.

Just hope the boo boys stay at home on Sunday, fans need to play our part, allowing any negativity to transform onto the park due to the last week wont help anyone (as we found out last season during last years festive period, the fans were embarrassing at times), being positive as we have been for months now at home will help[/quote]

Spot on.

offshore_arab83
02-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Great servant, honest professional, silver kisser yet still gets sh1te

F ucking sad :(

EastStand_Elite
02-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Whether you think he's gash or no, he canna be blamed fir yesterday.[/quote]

I'm not.

stokearab
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
2 schools of thought here that are conflicting

a great servant to the club and part of the legend that was 2010

...but, definitely second, maybe 3rd choice for CB

we should just let him get on with his life tbh without this crap. It never comes up when we win so why is it coming up when we lose? Chances are he will make few 1st team appearances now so we need to have a wee bit of dignity here.

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 09:54 PM

No real.

Here here.

A brilliant and loyal servant to

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
2 schools of thought here that are conflicting

a great servant to the club and part of the legend that was 2010

...but, definitely second, maybe 3rd choice for CB

we should just let him get on with his life tbh without this crap. It never comes up when we win so why is it coming up when we lose? Chances are he will make few 1st team appearances now so we need to have a wee bit of dignity here.

It's only natural to reflect on things after a defeat(or 3).

I'm not blaming Dillon for our defeats, I'm saying he needs to step up to the plate and lead the team forward.

EastStand_Elite
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM
He was not to blame for yesterday, however I agree he isn't the best leader, his head goes down before anyone else and that's not the sign of a true captain. John rankin is the most obvious and well deserved choice for captain I've ever seen at united. All IMO of course :heart:

silverish
02-01-2014, 10:05 PM

No real.

Just hope the boo boys stay at home on Sunday, fans need to play our part, allowing any negativity to transform onto the park due to the last week wont help anyone (as we found out last season during last years festive period, the fans were embarrassing at times), being positive as we have been for months now at home will he

Whitfieldarab
02-01-2014, 10:07 PM

describing a Dundee United player as gash is showing your immaturity mate.

bang out of order.

personally I would rather say nothing about any of our players than slag them off its phuckin embarrassing but thats just me.

Chips_OToole
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
He shook my hand and wished me a Happy New Year yesterday

a top boy.

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 10:21 PM

No real.

Just hope the boo boys stay at home on Sunday, fans need to play our part, allowing any negativity to transform onto the park due to the last week wont help anyone (as we found out last season during last years festive period, the fans were embarrassing at times), being positive

EastStand_Elite
02-01-2014, 10:22 PM

bang out of order.

personally I would rather say nothing about any of our players than slag them off its phuckin embarrassing but thats just me.[/quote]

Probably, Describe Brian graham

silverish
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
Your opening post says it all mate.

Just think its sad that you highlight a player that had nothing to dae we yesterday, when imo you could haved one o 10 players that actually played.

Whitfieldarab
02-01-2014, 10:28 PM

bang out of order.

personally I would rather say nothing about any of our players than slag them off its phuckin embarrassing but thats just me.[/quote]

Probably, Describe Brian graham[/quote]

I will leave that to you.teenagers ken everything. :?

UnitedArabEmAright
02-01-2014, 10:32 PM

Just think its sad that you highlight a player that had nothing to dae we yesterday, when imo you could haved one o 10 players that actually played.

My post was actually more about where we go from here, not directly about yesterday.

I would like to see Dillon step up and be the captain we need. I just wish he could have done it when he got his chance against Saints, could have made all the difference.

EastStand_Elite
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM

bang out of order.

Probably, Describe Brian graham[/quote]

I will leave that to you.teenagers ken everything. :?[/quote]

Have a look at the Brian graham thread, must be a lot of teenagers in here then eh.

arab_plumber
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM

No real.

Somebody has a crush :heart:

:p

TerryTheTerror
03-01-2014, 07:24 AM
I agree with every word silver has written. What exactly do you meant when you say he needs to step up off the park?

TerryTheTerror
03-01-2014, 07:28 AM

It's a bit disrespectful taking the piss out of his accent too IMHO. :blue:

smirky4
03-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Dillion's a decent enough player, he's been a great club man during his time here, but he's not going to get a game before soutar or gunning, not bad back up, but he ain't getting in before the guys we have.

Tannadice_Morphman
03-01-2014, 09:08 AM
First time eh've been on this forum fir two weeks due ti ah the issues and this threed is the first hing eh see. What a phluckig minter :blue:

SmedDUm
03-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You could NOT get a better role model than Sean Dillon. And you see whilst he's not been in the team of late, I'll bet you his role modeling is even better. I'm only betting cos I'm not as advantaged as some of you who have the insight to his leadership qualities off the field, what's it like being a changing room mole?
I hate to think what it would be like on here had it been SD rather than JS making the two first half bloopers or SD rather than AR conceding a penalty or SD rather than BG trying to defend Barry Robson's free kick at the end. Lynch mob maybe?
You've not seen the last of Sean Dillon by a long shot. He WILL be back, he is badly needed & when he does return to bolster our defence I can only hope he gets a fair hearing. But pigs mi

balfronarab
03-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Meet Sean on sauchehall Street in Glasgow with his wife.
He got a bit of shock meeting a United Fan in middle of Glasgow.
But he was a sound guy and his Wife was stunning :heart:

He is going through a tough spell like the team and we need to support them all.

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 09:49 AM
First time eh've been on this forum fir two weeks due ti ah the issues and this threed is the first hing eh see. What a phluckig minter :blue:Welcome back Morphy >:)

UnitedArabEmAright
03-01-2014, 09:56 AM
[quote="SmedDUm"]Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You could NOT get a better role model than Sean Dillon. And you see whilst he's not been in the team of late, I'll bet you his role modeling is even better. I'm only betting cos I'm not as advantaged as some of you who have the insight to his leadership qualities off the field, what's it like being a changing room mole?
I hate to think what it would be like on here had it been SD rather than JS making the two first half bloopers or SD rather than AR conceding a penalty or SD rather than BG trying to defend Barry Robson's free kick at the end. Lynch mob maybe?
You've not seen the last of Sean Dillon by a long shot. He WILL be back, he is badly needed & when he does return to bolster our defence I can

UnitedArabEmAright
03-01-2014, 10:02 AM
I agree with every word silver has written. What exactly do you meant when you say he needs to step up off the park?

I've never said he needs to step up off the park.

Please read carefully

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 10:04 AM
[quote="UnitedArabEmAright"]Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You've not seen the last of Sean Dillon by a long shot. He WILL be back, he is badly ne

silverish
03-01-2014, 10:08 AM

My post was actually more about where we go from here, not directly about yesterday.

I would like to see Dillon step up and be the captain we need. I just wish he could have done it when he got his chance against Saints, could have made all the difference.[/quote]

If your post was about "where do we go from here" do you no think your title should have read " where do we go from here" instead o pickin oot one guy, the club captain, and hanging him out to dry??

UnitedArabEmAright
03-01-2014, 10:09 AM
[quote="offshore_arab83"]Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You've not seen the last of Sean D

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
I wouldnt play him unless we really needed to

Defence aint a problem to me its the front players that are our problem just now

UnitedArabEmAright
03-01-2014, 10:14 AM

I would like to see Dillon step up and be the captain we need. I just wish he could have done it when he got his chance against Saints, could have made all the difference.[/quote]

If your post was about "where do we go from here" do you no think your title should have read " where do we go from here" instead o pickin oot one guy, the club captain, and hanging him out to dry??[/quote]

Because Dillon should be playing a big role in where we go from here, as our captain.

I'm not hanging him out to dry, I'm saying he isn't fulfilling his role as captain to le

Chips_OToole
03-01-2014, 10:19 AM
How exactly does he step up off the park?

Drive the team bus?

Take in the cones at training ?

Do some handyman work at Tannadice?

From here he looks to me like as close to a model professional as you could possibly get but we always have to have a scapegoat.

silverish
03-01-2014, 10:35 AM
[quote="SmedDUm"]Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You've not seen the last of Sean Dillon by a long shot. He WILL be back, he is badly needed & when he does return to bolster our defence I can

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 10:39 AM
[quote="silverish"]Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You've not seen the last of Sean Dillon by a long shot. He WILL be back, he is badly needed & wh

UnitedArabEmAright
03-01-2014, 10:51 AM

Drive the team bus?

From here he looks to me like as close to a model professional as you could possibly get but we always have to have a scapegoat.

Is this a wind up?

How many times do I have to say this?

I'm not saying he isn't a role model off the park, I'm saying we need him to be one on it.

Call it scapegoating if you wish. Maybe I just have higher expectations of a club captain than you guys do.

silverish
03-01-2014, 10:55 AM
[quote="offshore_arab83"]Thank phuck the majority of opinion is against the opening poster & his fellow tripe-spouters. I was nearly chuckin this laptop out the phukn window. For Daly read Dillon. You guys are incredible, you spout utter shyte. Don't call yourself fans.
You've not seen the last of Sean Dillon by

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 11:46 AM

Drive the team bus?

Is this a wind up?

How many times do I have to say this?

I'm not saying he isn't a role model off the park, I'm saying we need him to be one on it.

Call it scapegoating if you wish. Maybe I just have higher expectations of a club captain than you guys do.[/quote]Lesson learned here mate, when picking a title of a thread make sure its not a silver kissing team captain who wasnt playing after a defeat, you wont upset anyone then :)

Arabs4ever
03-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him back at right-back. When Watson went off against Killie, Sean went there with Gunning going in the centre. Bombed up the flank that day. With more protection in the 4-2-3-1 formation I think he had a great game that day. If memory serves me right he also had an assist.

He played a blinder against Oldco at Tannadice in midfield. He mibbee shouldn't be getting played at centre-half. Certainly not left centre-half. I'm rather going to blame the manager for only having one left centre-half and left back. >:)

shedka
03-01-2014, 03:37 PM

It's a bit disrespectful taking the piss out of his accent too IMHO. :blue:[/quote]

Have to agree, this "press foive" nickname is a bit cringeworthy to read

arabugs
03-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Agree, but let's face it, this isn't the place for respect. :(

EastStand_Elite
03-01-2014, 04:11 PM

It's a bit disrespectful taking the piss out of his accent too IMHO. :blue:[/quote]

Have to agree, this "press foive" nickname is a bit cringeworthy to read[/quote]

I never started it.

TerryTheTerror
03-01-2014, 10:36 PM
Happy enough to use it though. :blue:

EastStand_Elite
03-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Happy enough to use it though. :blue:

It's called humour, perhaps you've heard of it?

TerryTheTerror
04-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Yes, and all I'm saying is I don't think it's funny. Fair enough if you do though, hardly supportive though, is it?

EastStand_Elite
04-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Yes, and all I'm saying is I don't think it's funny. Fair enough if you do though, hardly supportive though, is it?

Irrespective of how "supportive" it is; I and other posters find it amusing. That is the main purpose of me saying it, not to be unsupportive. If you don't find it funny then that's your problem, not mine or anybody else's.

TerryTheTerror
04-01-2014, 02:28 PM
Believe me, in my life this is not a problem for me. :)

EastStand_Elite
04-01-2014, 02:38 PM
glad to hear it, we'll leave it at that :)

arabugs
04-01-2014, 03:51 PM
No tae bathired wi' the foive (borderline banter) but the gash really fks me aff! :s

huntedbyafreak
04-01-2014, 04:11 PM

Have to agree, this "press foive" nickname is a
bit cringeworthy to read[/quote]

The "press foive" stuff is not on IMO

Nor is it funny.

I suppose it's par for the course though when you have guys posting pictures of donkeys saying that they are current players

Whitfieldarab
04-01-2014, 04:33 PM
No tae bathired wi' the foive (borderline banter) but the gash really fks me aff! :s

agree

silverish
04-01-2014, 06:37 PM

Have to agree, this "press foive" nickname is a
bit cringeworthy to read[/quote]

The "press foive" stuff is not on IMO

Nor is it funny.

I suppose it's par for the course though when you have guys posting pictures of donkeys saying that they are current players[/quote]

Well said.

F uckin minter.

EastStand_Elite
04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
That's me ****ing telt then.

NAREYETAL
05-01-2014, 05:14 PM
I started the "press fiove "

AND i dont give a flying feck whether you super mods/ fans like it or not.

FACT

So GIRFUY

EastStand_Elite
05-01-2014, 05:17 PM
[quote="NAREYETAL"

AND i dont give a flying feck whether you super mods/ fans like it or not.

FACT

So GIRFUY[/quote]

NAREYETAL :heart: :heart: :heart:

btw good cross fae Dillon today, like him at right back.

NAREYETAL
05-01-2014, 05:19 PM
NAREYETAL :heart: :heart: :heart:

btw good cross fae Dillon today, like him at right back.

Correct ; he did well when he came on

Arabs4ever
05-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I'd go further and say have him take some corners. Remember when JMW was taking terrible corners he went over and placed one right in the danger area.

Disappointed that it wasn't discussed who was taking them when Wilson and Gauld went off. Can they not practice and see if anyone else can do better and have them have one or two during the game?

SmedDUm
05-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Eh thot Dillon was gash the day & we would have easy won had he no come on at half time.
Club captain 'n a'

;D

P.S.Well done Sir Sean, I wish you'd been on for 90 mins.

arabian_knight
05-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Agree. Thought Dillon was excellent. Fowk aroond me were singin his praises.

Chips_OToole
05-01-2014, 07:56 PM
2-1 us today with him on the park.

FACT press foive and all that

the Dillon slagger's darling gift wrapped the first before whipped aff at half-time.

Club captain. :heart:

shedka
05-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Well played Dillo today

Has just entered his 8th calender year (signed right at the start of 2007) as a Utd player and continues to serve us well, i personally hope he is here long enough for a Testimonial

NAREYETAL
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I too would be delighted if press fiove resigned/etended his contract.

If only i was as wise as you supermod/fans :zzz:

JelloBiafra
05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Dillon was excellent today,but might need to go back in at CH with Gunning again unless we risk Butcher again, or Watson at CH - right side of defence needs some steel/organistaion and that is the hardest I have seen Sean get stuck in for ages.

More an RB than CH on that showing.

shedka
05-01-2014, 08:21 PM
fan, super fan, none mod, mod, super mod

this "press foive" nickname you have for him (to everyone else it's "Dillo"') is still cringeworthy, but crack on!

NAREYETAL
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
fan, super fan, none mod, mod, super mod

this "press foive" nickname you have for him (to everyone else it's "Dillo"') is still cringeworthy, but crack on!

Thank you

If i valued your opinion ... i would of asked for it

huntedbyafreak
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Press five if you think Nareyetal post a load of ****e

UnitedArabEmAright
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Couldn't make the game today, but glad to hear he played well.

We need our captain in the team and firing on all cylinders.

huntedbyafreak
05-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Five

FACT

NAREYETAL
05-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Five

FACT

OMHS

FACT

SmedDUm
05-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Phuck me! Zero to Hero in the space of forty foive minutes.The ups & downs of football, eh?

:heart:

UnitedArabEmAright
05-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Phuck me! Zero to Hero in the space of forty foive minutes.The ups & downs of football, eh?

:heart:

Dunno if that was directed at me, but my opinion from earlier in this thread still stands. A good 45 mins doesn't change anything, but I genuinely hope he comes good.

GUNBOAT
06-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Bump.

GUNBOAT
06-01-2014, 07:50 PM
80 odd replies here why do we need another one?.

Arabs4ever
06-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Hes our captain that's why. Plus he ain't phucking off to Sevco. :D

EastStand_Elite
06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
80 odd replies here why do we need another one?.

:D

GUNBOAT
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Did well on Sunday so he starts at right back v the hammer throwers FACT.