PDA

View Full Version : Players reading these boards.

silverish
03-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Guys do you think they do? Eh would think they do, and eh would actually think some o the stuff on here gets used as wind up material between the players tae.

But,on the other side o the coin, is that these players are only human and hae feelings. Could you imagine how you would feel if you read some o the bile and utter nonsense aboot yourself? Wid it inspire you or depress you?

Imagine if your work let your punters/customers/colleagues/rivals write what they want aboot you on an open forum. Would the insults make you want to be there?

If it was me, meh hade wid be doon,its human nature.

Let's get back behind the team like we were when we were winning, coz the players can smell the negativity a mile awa.

WASC

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 11:52 AM
They do actually, eh mind Jon Daly speaking to me aboot it at a function, was a players engagement the other year, they ah read them, he said even their wives read them...

Maybes best not reading message boards if they dont want to see criticism though...

silverish
03-01-2014, 11:58 AM
They do actually, eh mind Jon Daly speaking to me aboot it at a function, was a players engagement the other year, they ah read them, he said even their wives read them...

Maybes best not reading message boards if they dont want to see criticism though...

Criticism is one thing mate, but when things get almost personal,its no good.

Ah ken its all aboot opinions, and eh love reading the different views, but as I said,some o the stuff written beggars belief.

Nae c unt goes oot tae hae a bad geme.

SmedDUm
03-01-2014, 11:59 AM
They must be thick skinned.
Some would be topping themselves if they read the vitriol about them on here.

stobies_no5
03-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Guys do you think they do? Eh would think they do, and eh would actually think some o the stuff on here gets used as wind up material between the players tae.

But,on the other side o the coin, is that these players are only human and hae feelings. Could you imagine how you would feel if you read some o the bile and utter nonsense aboot yourself? Wid it inspire you or depress you?

Imagine if your work let your punters/customers/colleagues/rivals write what they want aboot you on an open forum. Would the insults make you want to be there?

Let's get back behind the team like we were when we were winning, coz the players can smell the negativity a mile awa.

WASC

thought this season, after it being so apparant the last few seasons the boo boys had got to the players, that we'd risen above this

its one of the reasons i've been sticking Grahams corner...calling him all sorts doe

silverish
03-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Geez a clue then stobie :)

WattieThumper
03-01-2014, 12:15 PM

WASC

If they take too much notice of the stuff on here, it must be Dillon's fault. He's not putting enough into his psychoanalyst role at Tanny.:P

stobies_no5
03-01-2014, 12:18 PM

just added you on twitter...small world :)

silverish
03-01-2014, 12:21 PM

just added you on twitter...small world :)[/quote]

Ffs, ya ken that Harrison Rd wiz 25 year ago?? XD

Should have knew it wiz you we the Stobie thing eh.

Hope things are good mate.

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 12:26 PM

Criticism is one thing mate, but when things get almost personal,its no good.

Ah ken its all aboot opinions, and eh love reading the different views, but as I said,some o the stuff written beggars belief.

Nae c unt goes oot tae hae a bad geme.[/quote]Drinks got alot to do with it, especially the late night posts...

EastStand_Elite
03-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I think players would be ****ing stupid to read message boards.

stobies_no5
03-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Hope things are good mate.[/quote]

mental eh mate, actually 26 years now lol!

yeah all good here mate, hope your good yirself ;)

silverish
03-01-2014, 12:39 PM

Hope things are good mate.[/quote]

mental eh mate, actually 26 years now lol!

yeah all good here mate, hope your good yirself ;)[/quote]

Ffs, that means eh wiz only 7 when eh worked there XD

stobies_no5
03-01-2014, 12:40 PM
you tae? O:)

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 02:08 PM
I think players would be ****ing stupid to read message boards.Happens though mate

Gotta be able to take the good and the bad, they're quick to take the plaudits and the hype on TV and the weegiea

arabian_ian
03-01-2014, 02:16 PM
TBH I dinna think Graham and Erskine need message boards to let them know that they baith had better up their games or knives will be out.

I'm all for giving players a chance but how many open goals does Graham need to get on the score sheet.

offshore_arab83
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Hows Erskine getting sh1te again ?

Twa starts the laddies made ? Boys that this post should apply to are Dow and Graham !

stobies_no5
03-01-2014, 02:51 PM
TBH I dinna think Graham and Erskine need message boards to let them know that they baith had better up their games or knives will be out.

I'm all for giving players a chance but how many open goals does Graham need to get on the score sheet.

how many 'open goals' had he had then?

armstrong missed a haider at paisley as easy as the chance Graham missed at parkhead

Graham has had it tight ever since, to the point he's never ever gonna get backing fae oor fans imho

not one person on here mentioned armstrongs haider...not once

there in one we have our support ...great when the goings good...absolute nightmare when its no - FACT

UnitedArabEmAright
03-01-2014, 03:29 PM
I'd like to think that if they do look on here they'd be able to tell the difference between abuse and criticism.

With regard to my own criticism of our captain, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he expects better of himself too.

He strikes me as an intelligent guy.

Whitfieldarab
03-01-2014, 03:45 PM

Ian, you're no honestly saying Grahams chance at the end was a sitter!!!!

as frustrating as it was when it landed in the et it was a half chance out of nothing.

arabugs
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM

WASC

Would really hope Joe wid gie them some kinda sanitised version.

If they read it unabridged, we're fkd.

shedka
03-01-2014, 03:50 PM
While the negativity has been ott (just as a lot of people got carried away during the good run) on the boards after one poor week

As i said in the Jackie arabzone thread, the main thing is that any negativity doesn't come from the stands during home games

There has been a marked improvment in positivity in the stands at Tannadice, when losing a goal, the fans have been right back onside and backing the side, gotta make sure that stays the same, it's only one home defeat since August remember and good chance to bounce right back Sunday with a positive home support!

EastStand_Elite
03-01-2014, 04:43 PM

as frustrating as it was when it landed in the et it was a half chance out of nothing.[/quote]

Of course it was a sitter. :?

Whitfieldarab
03-01-2014, 04:54 PM

as frustrating as it was when it landed in the et it was a half chance out of nothing.[/quote]

Of course it was a sitter. :?[/quote]

a sitter is what he missed at parkheid.

a shot from 18 yards oot with his left foot isnae a sitter FFS

you must be some player on fifa kiddo.;D

EightyThree
03-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I think players would be ****ing stupid to read message boards.

Agree, also think that most of us that post on them are stupid too!