PDA

View Full Version : Obviously we go there as underdogs

ClaretTony
03-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Southampton v Burnley, pre-match comments - see link - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/ed12/obviously_we_go_there_as_underdogs_820568/index.shtml)

irishclaretboy
03-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Did everyone else hear the report about Southampton's complaint to the FA? They felt that ref. Mark Clattenberg's comment to a (whinging - my interpretation) Adam Lallana that "you didn't behave like that before you were an England player" was such a gross insult/affront to dignity/infringement of his human rights that Clattenberg should be disciplined.
How far up their own rear ends must they be??They seem happy for players to eff and blind at referees (it's "passion", innit?)but they are obviously such delicate flowers that no comment is allowed in return.

ClaretTony2014
03-01-2014, 08:33 PM
As someone said to me today - "What's said on the pitch should stay on the pitch."

edison
03-01-2014, 08:34 PM
It really is embarrassing from the club. The phrase `catch a ****ing grip' springs to mind.

Even if Clattenberg did say what they claim he said, is it really an insult? This is proof, if it were needed, that many footballers have no concept of the real world.

In whose reality is that an insult?

Hozz
03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
I think the shame is that today, one can't make a joke or enter into a bit of banter without someone calling the PC brigade in.

paderbornclaret
03-01-2014, 10:56 PM
It says a lot about Adam Lallana that he even raised the complaint.

Maybe Mr Clattenburg has a point.

The Bedlington Terrier
04-01-2014, 10:06 AM
It reminds me of the time I got absolutely clattered from behind in the penalty area in a cup tie in Ribchester on a mud heap. Their centre half's studs were embodied in my bleeding calf and the referee told me to "effin' get up, stop being an effin' Jesse and take the effin' penalty!" I got up and scored and then limped off. Them were the days! Allana eat your 'effin' heart out!

claretblue
04-01-2014, 11:40 AM
can I have me studs back 13552? O:)

:D

DownUnderClaret
04-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah we're the underdogs, but in a 2 horse race how do betting agencies justify placing Burnley at 6->6.5 to 1? :?