PDA

View Full Version : The F A Cup

bornandbred
03-01-2014, 07:30 PM
The gre atest competition in the world nowadays being denigrated,not by the rest of the world,but by us.When I say "us" I refer to

1. Teams-started by Man Utd when they shirked off to play some minor games abroad.

2. Managers-witness Lambert.

3. Fans-even we have some who think the Cup is a sideshow.

Shame on all of us.

redalwaysablade
03-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Says it all when our Biggest domestic competition is rated second string to chasing money...

Get rid of the Prem teams from the cup, let the 'Bread and Butter' supporters have our day in the Sun.

More importantly, let them share the cash, it may just save one or two from oblivion.

WiltsBlade
03-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Says it all when our Biggest domestic competition is rated second string to chasing money...

Get rid of the Prem teams from the cup, let the 'Bread and Butter' supporters have our day in the Sun.

More importantly, let them share the cash, it may just save one or two from oblivion.
Agree, a good cup run could save clubs like wendy from administration.

redalwaysablade
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Agree, a good cup run could save clubs like wendy from administration.[/quote]

Wilts,

I'd even let them have the chance...

NURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bornandbred
03-01-2014, 07:48 PM
I'd like to say "agreed" Red but the Cup is in part about giant killing so the top clubs are needed.

What is required is a sea change in attitudes to the Cup by all and sundry.I'm not optimistic but live in hope.

redalwaysablade
03-01-2014, 07:53 PM
[quote="bornandbred" Red but the Cup is in part about giant killing so the top clubs are needed.

What is required is a sea change in attitudes to the Cup by all and sundry.I'm not optimistic but live in hope.[/quote]

I'd like nothing more than for you to be right, B&B, but, the writing is on the wall. The cash cow that is The PL, has for ever taken the essence out of football 'The Working Mans' game.

The legacy that those in charge today will leave our next generation. For shame.

tomytony
03-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I'd like nothing more than for you to be right, B&B, but, the writing is on the wall. The cash cow that is The PL, has for ever taken the essence out of football 'The Working Mans' game.

The legacy that those in charge today will leave our next generation. For shame.

Big money= pragmatism=death of romance.

Prem survival and the attendant benefits far outweigh a good cup run or even winning the cup for some clubs.eg Wigan.

'Romance ' is for us fans to dream of whilst PL survival/money is what drives owners.

The tipping point is where a club has no chance of getting near the PL and the best way to experience a bit of magic becomes a cup run..

Think bac