PDA

View Full Version : Tim Vokes

claretblue
04-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Sams dad hoped for a 4 - 3 result...and got it! :O

Tim, a Southampton fan (father of Sam) said '...Hopefully they?ll understand my reaction if and when Sam scores. The best result for me would be a 4-3 Saints win...'

wonder what odds for that score line

see link: - view external link (http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10914008.Divided_loyalties_for_the_Vokes_family/?ref=var_0)

Quicknick
05-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Excellent article. Tim sounds like a good man. Certainly likes his pubs, by the sound of it. ;D

ColinBlacklabel
05-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Hands up everybody who thought the OP had got Sam's wrong before opening the thread! :D

claretblue
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM
'...Hands up everybody who thought the OP had got Sam's wrong before opening the thread...'

I did it with that intention Colin! >;)

Crawleyclaret
05-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Met Tim in the Giddy Bridge, the Wetherspoons pub. A very nice guy who obviously had mixed emotions before the game. He must have been impressed with the way Burnley played and of course his son, Sam. Reckons he sees lots of Burnley games despite living in Southampton.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Big Sam looks anything other than fat on this picture (see other thread)! Good job lads and bloody unlucky..!

DarkCloud
05-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Tim does see a lot, if not all Burnley games. He's always around town on Saturday lunchtimes when there's a home match, Weatherspoons, Ministry of Ale, Bootleggers etc and we rode back with him on the train from Forest a few weeks ago. A really good guy. He was telling us how his younger son has recently quit football disillusioned after not quite making it (at Southampton I think)and being offered lower league contracts. Big fella (Tim) so watch what you say about Sam, he might be behind you!

paderbornclaret
05-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I knew a lot of Burnley lads from long before Sam signed for them, through drinking in real ale pubs while supporting Southampton home and away, he said. A few of them are coming down and Ill take them round the real ale pubs in Southampton over the weekend.

If Heineken did Dads...