PDA

View Full Version : Rochdale

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 08:46 PM
The club has never played above the third tier of the English league divisional structure, and before its promotion at the end of the 2009/10 season (their first promotion since 1969), had played continuously in the Football League's lowest division since 1974.

The earliest routes around Rochdale were tracks and packhorse routes and a paved track over Blackstone Edge into Yorkshire that had Roman origins.[35] As trade increased the Blacksone Edge turnpike road was built in 1735.

Among Rochdale's residents have been several musicians, including singers Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield (born in Heywood) and Barb Jungr, and bands Autechre, Tractor, the Chameleons, the Mock Turtles and the Cassandra Complex. Good Charlotte drummer Dean Butterworth also hails from Rochdale. Broadcasters John Peel, Mark Chapman, Liz and Andy Kershaw also have links with the town, Peel having lived there for a period of time and the latter three having been born there. Actors Colin Baker, Anna Friel and Bill

Stan_van_nel
04-01-2014, 08:58 PM
You have to say well done to Rochdale, thoroughly deserved by all accounts.

I've also read quite a bit of the Rochdale fans praising Leeds fans (even the ones in the home ends) for being good sports, a decent bunch and gracious in defeat.

You're going soft Leeds. :D ;D

Rev72
04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
God damn it Alf your f**kin hilarious my sides are splitting ere :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

alfinyalcabo
04-01-2014, 09:19 PM
God damn it Alf your f**kin hilarious my sides are splitting ere :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

are you tired Rev XD XD

barnsleywhite
05-01-2014, 06:15 AM
No obstacles,our march to the PL is well and truly on.;D
Ings,Gradel,Chalobah and Stewart to sign very soon.