PDA

View Full Version : Michael Hector - Red TV

WestCoastDon
05-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Great interview from Michael.

loved how he said we... we... we... all the time.

scottorae
05-01-2014, 07:45 PM
The big man choking up throughout the interview. Good player hope to see him back ahead of a permanent transfer.

WestCoastDon
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM
and he was referring in the media conference... to them... meaning Reading.

it would be really cruel of Reading to not allow him to stay until the end of the season considering we are in the semi final of the league cup and are now 2nd in the league.

sounds like their defenders are coming back from injury so if they take him back and he does not even feature in the squad much that would be terrible.

Tubilay
05-01-2014, 07:51 PM
I think he'll be back.

KimJongNeil
05-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Hopefully he'll be back. There's nothing better than seeing a player who's passionate about playing for the club.

SMsW
05-01-2014, 08:18 PM
http://www.afc.co.uk/javaImages/15/ca/0,,10284~12503573,00.jpg - view external link (http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140105/redimages_2212158_3605382)

BucksburnDandy
05-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Superb reaction after the game from the big man, delighted with the win before staying after the rest of the team to salute and thank the fans, clearly greeting his eyes oot and gutted to be leaving.

A superb signing who has integrated fully into the club and has clearly loved his spell with us. Has shown maturity beyond his years and has been composed, measured and classy on the ball. Disappointed to be losing Hector, a superb loan signing and a great ambassador for the club. Haste ye back Michael!

jackdon
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
I think he'll be back.

So do i (here's hoping)

jackdon
05-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Superb reaction after the game from the big man, delighted with the win before staying after the rest of the team to salute and thank the fans, clearly greeting his eyes oot and gutted to be leaving.

A superb signing who has integrated fully into the club and has clearly loved his spell with us. Has shown maturity beyond his years and has been composed, measured and classy on the ball. Disappointed to be losing Hector, a superb loan signing and a great ambassador for the club. Haste ye back Michael!

Very much this.

PittodrieGoesBerserk
05-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Pay my Red TV subscription and the video won;t even load. :blue: :blue

Milne GTF :D :D

Dec123Red
05-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Great to see a player that clearly loves playing for AFC

Really, really hope Reading let him come back

CaddyCarhandle
06-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Here?s yer Reading latest. From Hector?s position, seems they?re missing Sean Morrison til end of January. Chris Baird sometimes plays centre-back too.

Alex Pearce and Kaspers Gorkss are their only fit first team centre-backs for the rest of the month by the looks of things. They?d Chris Gunter (full-back) playing in the middle at the weekend.

I suspect they?ll keep Hector for January, even just as cover, and then possibly give us him back at the end of the month if Baird and Morrison get fit by then.

[i]Reading were without ten players for our New Year's Day game with Nottm Forest, and two of them could be back for the FA Cup game away to Brighton on Saturday.

Jordan Obita (winger)could return following a virus, while Kaspars Gorkss (centre-back)is back from a one-match ban.

Boss Nigel Adkins gave an update on all of our sidelined players, saying, "We're hoping Jordan Obita, who has been really good for us but missed the Christmas period with a virus, will be a

WestCoastDon
06-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Pay my Red TV subscription and the video won;t even load. :blue: :blue

Milne GTF :D :D

This is an issue with RedTV. What I have found is...

Try to do it in another browser. If you are using Firefox, try Google Chrome.

Other than that, you need to reboot your machine.

gudge1903
06-01-2014, 09:01 AM
ive found if anything wont load on redtv if i sign out then sign in again then everything is cool.

put it this way redtv works better than abmad by miles, had a look on pie and bovril and looks like weve lost a few of our better posters to there.

deedon
06-01-2014, 09:12 AM
From today's EE:

DEFENDER Michael Hector today revealed he is desperate to return to Aberdeen FC for the rest of the season.

The 21-year-old has been recalled to parent club Reading following the 1-0 win over Kilmarnock.

Hector is set to have talks on his future tomorrow with Reading boss Nigel Adkins and Director of Football Nick Hammond.

And the stopper is ready to argue his case in a bid to return to Pittodrie.

He said: I want to stay at Aberdeen and if it was up to me I would have signed up here early doors.

I will go in tomorrow to see the manager and director.

I am going to ask politely if I can come back to Aberdeen.

If not I cannot really argue as Reading are my parent club.

They have quite a few injuries but hopefully those players will be back fit soon and I will see what happens from there.

Dons boss Derek McInnes has confirmed he wants to thrash out a fresh loan deal for Hector.

macattack
06-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Aye seems to be a true don :) fingers crossed he comes back for at least the 2nd part of the season ! fingers crossed :star:

superjim
06-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Often when young scottish players move south and dont play we say we should use them as an example to remind younger players of the value of playing and learning your trade.

I actually think THIS is a much better example to hold up.

Here is a player openly saying that he would rather play in Scotland for Aberdeen rather than get a run in a play-off chasing championship team.

He clearly knows the value of playing regularly, and has now felt what its like to "belong" to a club. Youngsters often come through at clubs and take that "belonging" for granted, its not until they are sitting on the bench at shrewsbury on a Tuesday in November do they realise what its like to not belong.

Michael Hectors attitude and commitment have been first class. Here's hoping we can persuade Nigel Adkins that he belongs up here.

dontespeak
06-01-2014, 06:37 PM
That's true from a football and progression point of view, superjim. However hector is currently on a Reading wage so in a way is getting the best of both worlds. The problem with a lot of scottish youngsters is that they get the pound signs in their eyes and look to move south for the wrong reasons.

Edit - actual pound signs show up as question marks.

Tubilay
06-01-2014, 06:54 PM
That's true from a football and progression point of view, superjim. However hector is currently on a Reading wage so in a way is getting the best of both worlds. The problem with a lot of scottish youngsters is that they get the pound signs in their eyes and look to move south for the wrong reasons.

Edit - actual pound signs show up as question marks.

I'd be quite surprised if his "Reading wage" was quite as eye-watering as some of the other guys at the club.

He signed his last contract at Reading off the back of seasons in League 2 and the LoI, and he came through their youth system. I'd be very surprised if that qualified him for a staggeringly huge contract.

hilton82
06-01-2014, 07:53 PM
be massive boost if we get him back. any news on considine? be great get him back before semi.

Don_Of_The_Dead
07-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Only now has it just sunk in that he has done.

Gutted :blue:

WestCoastDon
07-01-2014, 03:28 PM
he may get into the team for Saturday. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/nlabdzk)

Aber_Don
07-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Does not suit yella looks more like a player in RED!!!
Just get back up the road fella.

WestCoastDon
11-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Interesting... thought it was quite negative but there is still a chance. - view external link (http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/injury-update-090114-1284861.aspx)

NewOrleansRed
11-01-2014, 04:30 PM
i think theres every reason to be encouraged by that. Seems to be the case that if Reading have players back from injury AND even like the look of him, they may still allow him back up north to continue the lads development. It's not quite as make or break for them as it is for us i think. Reading have options. I think he'll play in red again.

Girniedon
11-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm confident that he will be back with us.

Haste Ye back Michael xxxxxxx

:D :D :D

thestooge
11-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Unused sub today, despite the injuries.

sonnetti
11-01-2014, 05:07 PM
I'd love to see him back but even those who would know don't or won't tell me

It's not like I would go running to say anything I heard on a public message board !

Ah **** it's happened again :blue:

WestCoastDon
11-01-2014, 05:12 PM
I'd love to see him back but even those who would know don't or won't tell me

It's not like I would go running to say anything I heard on a public message board !

Ah **** it's happened again :blue:

I think the reality is that no decision has been made. I also think they want him to get game time and it is not likely to happen at Reading they will want him to come back as 1) he wants to and 2) he could win a medal.

Reading will do what is best for them and his development.

PortyRed93
11-01-2014, 05:17 PM
i think theres every reason to be encouraged by that. Seems to be the case that if Reading have players back from injury AND even like the look of him, they may still allow him back up north to continue the lads development. It's not quite as make or break for them as it is for us i think. Reading have options. I think he'll play in red again.

If they like the look of him they'll certainly keep him for the rest of the season. He's got six months left on his contract at Reading so it's highly unlikely they'll loan him back to us for fear of him refusing to sign a new contract, especially if he's only going to sit on the bench during the two or three weeks he's back with them.

That being said, I still think Reading will consider him surplus to requirements once their first choicers are fit again. Even with their injury crisis he didn't get a sniff today.

sonnetti
11-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Aye min I think your spot on , must be good being Michael right now!

gogs1958
11-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Look, they didna even bring him on today, and their managers saying he needs first team football, and to work on the defensive side of his game. Get his flight booked.
:D

WestCoastDon
13-01-2014, 02:06 PM
An update from a couple Reading supporters.

Two things have happened that make it more likely we could get Hector back.

Kaspars Gorkss is a CB for Reading... really only providing cover for them. It would have been him or Hector that played on Saturday and he got the place. Fortunately for us he scored and therefore harder for Hector to get a game. However, they did think they will give Hector a game in January.

The other thing that is perhaps more significant is they have put in a bid for Jack Hobbs from Hull City. If they get him, then it looks likely we will get Hector back.

Bridieeater
13-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I'm not really sure we need Hector now tbh, we have Tate who fits into the central defence ok and ideally we would be better trying to get an actual right back. Playing Hector at right back till the end of the season doesn't make sense to me.

WestCoastDon
13-01-2014, 03:05 PM
I'm not really sure we need Hector now tbh, we have Tate who fits into the central defence ok and ideally we would be better trying to get an actual right back. Playing Hector at right back till the end of the season doesn't make sense to me.

He deserves to come back for the semi final and potential final for the work he has done so far.

OleOle
13-01-2014, 03:08 PM

Of course we could be doing with Hector back. He was phucking ace and loved it here into the bargain. Tate's a totally different type of player.

The more strength and depth in defence we have, the more solid a foundation the team has.

thestooge
13-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Hector on a full time contract would be great.

Tate's a suitable short term replacement but Hector is potentially a huge player for us for a good coupla years.

Stav22
13-01-2014, 09:53 PM
That radge Joshua Maggenis was getting folk all excited by tweeting that Hector is in aberdeen tonight but it seems like he is pulling peoples legs

NewOrleansRed
13-01-2014, 09:55 PM
That radge Joshua Maggenis was getting folk all excited by tweeting that Hector is in aberdeen tonight but it seems like he is pulling peoples legs

Oh the banter.

redross
13-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Surely Reading will want some cash for him if he doesn't sign a new deal. Or failing that if we sign him in the summer are we liable for training compo costs. Can't see Milne going for that even with a chance of selling him on in a couple of years.

I will easily start the fund off with ?10 ;D

CaddyCarhandle
14-01-2014, 06:43 AM
Surely Reading will want some cash for him if he doesn't sign a new deal. Or failing that if we sign him in the summer are we liable for training compo costs. Can't see Milne going for that even with a chance of selling him on in a couple of years.

I will easily start the fund off with ?10 ;D

We'd only be liable for training comp IF they offer him a deal (on equal or better terms than current) and he turns that down.

I think that's unlikely. If they did offer him a deal it'd be on terms that we can't compete with so that'd rule us out.

Our hope is that they let him go. Which could potentially be during this window, especially as they've had their bid for Jack Hobbs accepted and are in talks with him at the moment.

Don_Of_The_Dead
18-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Noticed Michael Hector came on a sub today in the last 10 minutes in Reading's 7-1 annihilation of Bolton. Think he is more than good enough to make an impression there. Still hope we can get him back though!

Also noticed one Nick Blackman on the score sheet for Reading. I thought he was destined for Conference football after his poor spell here.