PDA

View Full Version : Highlights are up

swaddon
06-01-2014, 12:09 AM
On the SPFL YouTube channel. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLC27w3uv4)

Stav22
06-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Robson's skill bamboozled the Killie player then perfect cross for jacks header was sublime, Love the never say die attitude of the team. Never a red but probably a yellow for Low.

Dec123Red
06-01-2014, 02:08 AM
I take back what I said earlier about none of our players having a good game - Langfield made a few excellent saves.

There really is f*ck all in Lows tackle, never a sending off. Shame, he'd have had a decent chance of playing Friday night as well.

macattack
06-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Aye Just watched highlights Langfield made some cracking saves . judging from highlights he was as good yesterday as he was bad V United :/ Im afraid Low's tackle was a red :/

AddisonDeWitt
06-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Typical of the Weegia to put the microscope on the Boyd incident implying we we were lucky to avoid a goal. Boyd clearly had his hand on Anderson's shoulder to get an unfair advantage. It's a clear foul any way you look at it. Even if it hadn't been given it's far from certain Boyd would have scored.

Would this incident have been considered remotely controversial or newsworthy if the foul had been perpetrated by a player who had never played for Rangers?

OTOH can't really complain about Low's red card. It was one of those ones that was probably borderline giving lack of real intent or any real contact, but it was reckless and could have caused injury and it would be hard to complain. Certainly no basis for an appeal.

jackdon
06-01-2014, 01:49 PM
At the game, i thought Lows challenge was a yellow, my bro.sitting next to me thought it was a red.

Still think it was a booking only.

WestCoastDon
06-01-2014, 02:00 PM
cannot complain about the referee sending him off.

however, the killie player should get a retrospective yellow for simulation.

SMsW
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Although IMHO that was never a red I'm not sure if we will appeal it.

Dumfries_Sheep94
06-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Low tackled thin air and got sent off for it! XD :s

Only in Scotland could that happen.

aleale
06-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Can see why Low was sent off but would imagine if we appeal we would win it. Although from listening to McInnes after the match not sure if we will appeal.

PitchMick2013
06-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Boyd clearly had his hand on Anderson's shoulder to get an unfair advantage. It's a clear foul any way you look at it.

I actually thought it was pretty soft, so it just shows you how people see things differently.

I think it was a lucky escape, and more evidence that we seem to be getting our fair share of the rub of the green at the moment.

Edit: That said, I don't see what Low did to deserve to be sent off :?

RedStarTorphins
06-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Low tackled thin air and got sent off for it! XD :s

Only in Scotland could that happen.

That's just not true.
You don't have to make contact to be sent off.

For example, if a player feigns giving a headbutt, that's a red.

Hayes got booked for a lunge at the Killie player and didn't make contact.

MrVanDenBos
06-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Boyd fouled Anderson clearly. Why did he put his hand on his shoulder.

Also fouled flood for his one on one, two handed push to get the ball.

Tubilay
06-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I think the Boyd incident is a pretty clear foul. His hand is in Anderson's face/throat. Put it another way, if it hadn't been given as a foul, there'd be quite a deal of controversy about it.

I can't really argue with the Low red though. He's unlucky, because he clearly tries to pull out of the challenge once he realises that he's over-committed himself. The fact that he left the ground before attempting the challenge would suggest to me that it wasn't controlled and was therefore reckless.

gudge1903
06-01-2014, 09:42 PM
what is it with teams putting our fans up in the 2nd tier? is so our away support doesnt put the home clubs to shame? pathetic if it is.

WestCoastDon
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
what is it with teams putting our fans up in the 2nd tier? is so our away support doesnt put the home clubs to shame? pathetic if it is.

I think it is to try and reduce the noise from the away support in comparison to Killie's fans. However, they made so little noise they would have probably needed to put us in Irvine.

gudge1903
06-01-2014, 09:52 PM
motherwell done the same in the cup, lesft as many seats as they could at the front and filled the lower tier from the back.

just makes them look worse on the telly/

RedStarTorphins
06-01-2014, 10:04 PM

I think it is to try and reduce the noise from the away support in comparison to Killie's fans. However, they made so little noise they would have probably needed to put us in Irvine.[/quote]

There was me just thinking it was something innocent like them trying to keep us out of the sh1te weather?

WestCoastDon
06-01-2014, 10:07 PM
motherwell done the same in the cup, lesft as many seats as they could at the front and filled the lower tier from the back.

just makes them look worse on the telly/

actually, to be fair to motherwell, it was because there was flooding at the front that night. At the league game, we could sit right down the front.

WestCoastDon
06-01-2014, 10:08 PM

I think it is to try and reduce the noise from the away support in comparison to Killie's fans. However, they made so little noise they would have probably needed to put us in Irvine.[/quote]

There was me just thinking it was something innocent like them trying to keep us out of the sh1te weather?[/quote]

Are you joking... they think more of us than their home support who could sit anywhere in their stands.

tarapoa
06-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Typical of the Weegia to put the microscope on the Boyd incident implying we we were lucky to avoid a goal. Boyd clearly had his hand on Anderson's shoulder to get an unfair advantage. It's a clear foul any way you look at it. Even if it hadn't been given it's far from certain Boyd would have scored.

Agree with this - I was sitting near the incident and everyone had stopped for the free kick by the time Boyd dinked the finish.

He should have been booked for kicking the ball away.

Disallowed goal my erse, whether you agree with the decision or not.

kkong
06-01-2014, 10:38 PM
I heard a wee guy asking a steward why he couldn't sit down the front.

"It gets very slippy down there son".

So there's the official answer. XD

WestCoastDon
06-01-2014, 10:41 PM
I heard a wee guy asking a steward why he couldn't sit down the front.

"It gets very slippy down there son".

So there's the official answer. XD

but its ok for the home supporters at the other end?

Did they make the away end from bananas or something?

OhioRed
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Whether or not Boyd fouled Anderson (and I think he did) the whistle had gone before he kicked the ball into the net. So no way could it ever be a goal.

Had the whistle not gone no one knows if he would have scored or not. His strike was made much easier by the fact everyone but him had stopped and no one made any attempt to tackle, block or save. So the outcome without the foul is just not known.

Killie are making it out to be some sort of awful decision. Well they would. But honestly have any of you ever seen a professional football match where there wasn't an apparent penalty that was not given, a player fouled and nothing given, a freekick where there was no infingement, a corner given when the ball wasn't touched, offside given where the player was onside, or vice versa on any of the above? I know I have never seen a game where there was not an incorrect decision, or more usually several.

Given that fact, even had it not been a foul (which it probably was) there is little to b