PDA

View Full Version : Haworth leaves for Tamworth on a permanent deal...

Wooderson
06-01-2014, 02:40 PM
This can only be good news. Another pointless wage off the balance sheet. Pretty sure he won't be the last one.

Derry rolling up his sleeves now. With the rumoured signings of McGrealish coming in, and Haworth going out, this is shaping up to be a pretty good day!

DomdomPie
06-01-2014, 03:01 PM
If memory serves, quite a few of our Development Squad were only on 6 month contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more found themselves Conference-bound.

BigBob61
06-01-2014, 03:09 PM
This can only be good news. Another pointless wage off the balance sheet. Pretty sure he won't be the last one.

Derry rolling up his sleeves now. With the rumoured signings of McGrealish coming in, and Haworth going out, this is shaping up to be a pretty good day!
Thank God for that.

magicianpie
06-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Sauce?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
06-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Yes it seems everyone on the net is reporting this except Notts County fc.

The sooner we get rid of Kiwomya & Rodwells wage wasters the better !

HopefulPie
06-01-2014, 05:06 PM
He was only on a 6 month contract so its a no brainer really.

durhampie
06-01-2014, 05:18 PM
It would also be nice to see the back of Coombes,Bell,Arquin,Haynes, Fotheringham and Showumni. All a complete waste of resources..

Soccerman166
06-01-2014, 05:42 PM
It would also be nice to see the back of Coombes,Bell,Arquin,Haynes, Fotheringham and Showumni. All a complete waste of resources..

Add my to that...

BigFatPie
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
What the bloody hell was going on at the club last summer? Some truly idiotic deals carried out, from which we are spending the whole season trying to recover. No one needed hindsight to know that the likes of Haworth, Bell and Fothers were crap signings.

And next summer can we ban anyone who says you can't judge players from Wikipedia, it's been proved time and time again that you usually can.

StuTNB
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Soccerman we never want to get rid of you x

SmiffyPie
06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
It would also be nice to see the back of Coombes,Bell,Arquin,Haynes,Fotheringham, Showumni and Soccerman. All a complete waste of resources..

Newheelonourbarrow
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
I do not understand any of the negative comments aimed at Mark Fotheringham. Those giving out such comments have obviously never played a game of football in their lives and have no knowledge of the different type of players it takes to make a team.
It's down to guys like Fotheringham that let players like Grealish and McGregor do what they do.
(There, I'll stay logged off again for the next 10 months or so!!)

SlockNCFC16
06-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Just hope this marks the end of the stupid wastes of resources on what appeared to be 'emergency players' that were cheap and crap for when anyone got injured that both KC and CK indulged in. Obvious waste of money and made all the more glaring this season when we had some conference standard players covering for certain positions while resorting to hiring a trialist for a regular central midfielder which as far as I can see was a panic buy on the basis of one or two showings at pre season training games when CK suddenly realised he would actually need players in the midfield and couldn't just rely on Bart and Haynes.

uysapie
06-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Add my to that...[/quote]

You are offering to leave us? Turning into a reddog perhaps?

joecrow
07-01-2014, 12:14 AM
I do not understand any of the negative comments aimed at Mark Fotheringham. Those giving out such comments have obviously never played a game of football in their lives and have no knowledge of the different type of players it takes to make a team.
It's down to guys like Fotheringham that let players like Grealish and McGregor do what they do.
Totally agree,scape goat.

BigBob61
07-01-2014, 12:59 AM

Add my to that...[/quote]

I'll go for that

LaxtonLad
07-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Totally agree,scape goat.[/quote]

I agree too and said so on various freds, a holding CM whose play mixes well with Boucards` and Liddles`to produce the goods for the more stylish McGregor and Grealish.

DaveSmithRules
07-01-2014, 09:27 AM
I think most people's concern with Fothers stems from the fact that he neither seems to tackle nor pass the ball very much. Hence he seems to be a passenger in a lot of games.

Surely you can agree that we could get someone better for the holding role? I'd take Ricky Ravenhill back off the Bradford bench over him...

LaxtonLad
07-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I think most people's concern with Fothers stems from the fact that he neither seems to tackle nor pass the ball very much. Hence he seems to be a passenger in a lot of games.

Surely you can agree that we could get someone better for the holding role? I'd take Ricky Ravenhill back off the Bradford bench over him...

Of course we could get someone better - there is always someone better in any position in any side - but Derry seems happy enough to play him almost every game. He has already elbowed aside Haworth, Arquin and Labadie but Fothers is still there. Perhaps there is someone for that position SD has his eye on but for now IMO he`ll do.

gazp17
07-01-2014, 11:27 AM
He plays him because we have sod all to replace him with. Labadie should've gone in the summer and we have no other central midfielders, especially now Liddle is injured.

I don't rate Boucard either, 1 good game followed by 2 crap ones including losing the ball on dangerous areas which we have conceded goals from and his inability to tackle or win a header.

A crucial area if the pitch which was totally neglected by Kiwomya. That is why we are where we are.

Adi87
07-01-2014, 02:15 PM
It would also be nice to see the back of Coombes,Bell,Arquin,Haynes,Fotheringham, Showumni and Soccerman. All a complete waste of resources..[/quote] Arquin is currently on trial at Ross County

LaughingMagpie
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
It would also be nice to see the back of Coombes,Bell,Arquin,Haynes,Fotheringham, Showumni and Soccerman. All a complete waste of resources..[/quote] Arquin is currently on trial at Ross County[/quote]

He has just been found guilty of being a lazy ****

Bohinen
08-01-2014, 11:45 AM
When people quite sensibly questioned signing Haworth, our nodding dog brigade were immediately on their case, saying you can't judge people from their Wikipedia entry, as if someone's previous record had no relation to their likely future performance. It would be interesting to bring back that thread, but given our new retro site without a search facility, sadly, I can't be arsed.

But I think we know who they are anyway. And suffice to say, Sean Derry would never have considered him an asset to the squad. Unfortunately, he was brought in after the budget had been squandered by fools.

jacobncfc
08-01-2014, 02:45 PM
When people quite sensibly questioned signing Haworth, our nodding dog brigade were immediately on their case, saying you can't judge people from their Wikipedia entry, as if someone's previous record had no relation to their likely future performance. It would be interesting to bring back that thread, but given our new retro site without a search facility, sadly, I can't be arsed.

But I think we know who they are anyway. And suffice to say, Sean Derry would never have considered him an asset to the squad. Unfortunately, he was brought in after the budget had been squandered by fools.

Errr, no. People said that he was being signed for peanuts on what was essentially an extended trial, but was likely to be a bit rubbish. As it turned out.

BigFatPie
08-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Don't agree Jacob. It wasn't an extended trial, he was a player taking a wage that could have gone on something constructive. We're skint, every penny is supposed to count. And we've got plenty more in from the same scrap heap that Haworth came from. It's true what Boh says, plenty of people always say every summer that you can't judge players from their past record and that you can only say what they're like when you've seen them play. Obviously garbage.

Haworth was so shyte he couldn't even find his way past the rammel in our team for anyone to confirm he was crap.

StuTNB
08-01-2014, 06:17 PM
He didn't get into the team because he was struck down with an illness for two months.