PDA

View Full Version : jason scotland

purple1101
06-01-2014, 06:35 PM
whats he up to these days, worth a shout?

chayirbazov
06-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Nut, apart fae the odd good geme he was pish

arabian_ian
06-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Forget Jason mate.

He's fat and too fkn slow these days.

I watched him a few weeks ago play for Barnsley v Birmingham. Got on in the second half. Ended up breathing oot his erse.

Hence Barnsley struggling.

purple1101
06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
but that league is a lot higher than this crap up here, it was just a thought

EightyThree
06-01-2014, 06:56 PM

No it isn't

purple1101
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM

No it isn't[/quote]if being honest there is only ever going to win the league up here, tell me who will win the championship??????

arabian_ian
06-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Purple you are wrong mate.
The Championship consists of two levels of teams. The top half especially those teams challenging for promotion admittedly are better than us but the bottom half of which Barnsley and Birmingham are included are very much below our standard. Although the English media would have you believe different.

purple1101
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
so your trying to tell me the spl is better than the championship,

EightyThree
06-01-2014, 07:13 PM

No it isn't[/quote]if being honest there is only ever going to win the league up here, tell me who will win the championship??????[/quote]

What does who will win the league have to do with the standard?

arabian_ian
06-01-2014, 07:24 PM
so your trying to tell me the spl is better than the championship,

No I am not saying that Purple. I'd say half the Championship is better than United's level but the other half isn't.
Top Scottish sides IMO would be of equal standard to mid table Championship. Teams at the bottom of which Barnsley are ATM would be of the caliber of St Mirren/St Johnstone.

Always hard to prove but that is how I see it after having watched Championship football live a few times recently.

Can I ask, have you been to any Championship game yourself?

PaulDUFC
06-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Both leagues are nothing special, but the Championship has less of a drop-off between the best sides and worst, not to mention the Sky hype-machine behind it, making it seem a lot better. The main difference for me is the physicality in the games down there, and I definitely don't see that as a positive.

EightyThree
06-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Both leagues are nothing special, but the Championship has less of a drop-off between the best sides and worst, not to mention the Sky hype-machine behind it, making it seem a lot better. The main difference for me is the physicality in the games down there, and I definitely don't see that as a positive.

I'd agree with that, although the main difference is the money, then the physicality.

MaltonBlade
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Sound`s like me AI LOL

EastStand_Elite
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM

FAF, I think we would rinse a team like Barnsley

EightyThree
06-01-2014, 07:39 PM

Sound`s like me AI LOL

Having watched a bit of SPL what's your thought on the standard compared to English leagues mate, be interesting to hear from the "other side" on this?

arabian_ian
06-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Sound`s like me AI LOL

Having watched a bit of SPL what's your thought on the standard compared to English leagues mate, be interesting to hear from the "other side" on this?[/quote]

Put it this way 83 the game I saw recently had Scotland and O'Brien play for Barnsley and Paul Caddis play for Birmingham. 3-0 Birmingham with 2 goals from Caddis.
Not a great game by any means and on both teams performance that day United would IMO most certainly beat both of them. Well before our recent slump. LOL

MaltonBlade
06-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Sound`s like me AI LOL

Having watched a bit of SPL what's your thought on the standard compared to English leagues mate, be interesting to hear from the "other side" on this?[/quote]

Its tough to compare without playing each other, both SPL league and Football league have there strength`s and weaknesses, i think DUFC would hold there own in the Championship. The gap in the championship is getting bigger with team`s coming down from the premiership with big parachute payment`s team`s what come up from league one don`t stand a chance.

EightyThree
06-01-2014, 08:10 PM

Sound`s like me AI LOL

Its tough to compare without playing each other, both SPL league and Football league have there strength`s and weaknesses, i think DUFC would hold there own in the Championship. The gap in the championship is getting bigger with team`s coming down from the premiership with big parachute payment`s team`s what come up from league one don`t stand a chance.[/quote]

See what you're saying about the gap, money's plucked the game. FWIW I reckon DUFC would be top half championship, but not make the play offs.

arabian_ian
06-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Sound`s like me AI LOL

Its tough to compare without playing each other, both SPL league and Football league have there strength`s and weaknesses, i think DUFC would hold there own in the Championship. The gap in the championship is getting bigger with team`s coming down from the premiership with big parachute payment`s team`s what come up from league one don`t stand a chance.[/quote]

See what you're saying about the gap, money's plucked the game. FWIW I reckon DUFC would be top half championship, but not make the play offs.[/quote]

Yeah, I'd go along with that mate.

GUNBOAT
07-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Heard a pundit on Talk Sport today saying the Championship is a brutal 46 game slog with hardly any good football or matches played in it.

SmedDUm
13-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I can't believe the time they get on the ball in Inglind.
I'm jumping off the settee at times to make the tackle.
Here, if you've been bad in your last life you come back as a SPFL midfielder :)