PDA

View Full Version : Leicester v Derby

claretminty
06-01-2014, 11:51 PM
What do we want this weekend
1. Leicester win burnley win 6points clear Derby
2. Derby win burnley win we still 3 points clear of Derby only a point behind Leicester
3. Leicester derby draw burnley win 2 points behind Leicester 5 points clear of Derby

Think I'd like scenario 3

Quicknick
07-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Agree with scenario 3. But will be happy as long as we win.

DavetheVicar
07-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Draw for me as the two teams share 2 points and not 3.

LincolnClaret
07-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Draw or Leicester win please... as long as we win it doesn't really matter though!

IanMcL
07-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Always good to see the competition dropping points, so a nil nil for me.

The Bedlington Terrier
07-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Derby to win, Burnley to win and us to roll over both the Foxes and the Rams when they visit the Turf. Happy Days!

dsr
07-01-2014, 10:04 AM
A draw, but both sides deducted 3 points for fielding ineligible players.

ColinBlacklabel
07-01-2014, 10:04 AM
0-0 is surely the best result.

royboyclaret
07-01-2014, 10:19 AM
The only thing that really matters at this stage is that we take care of business at Yeovil, a fully focussed performance and come home with three points.

Then the bonus would be one point each for Leicester and Derby plus an in form Ipswich taking three points off out of form QPR.

Selby_Claret
07-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Mathematically i'd always want 2 points handed out in any other fixture than our own.

But if one team had to win then Leicester - we need to get promoted we don't 'need' the title. The fewer competitors around us the better. I'd rather finish 2nd, 10 points behind the champions than finish 3rd and only one point off 1st place.

mickleover_claret
07-01-2014, 11:36 AM
As a Burnley fan in Derby i'm tempted to say a Leicester win (you should have heard their fans for those three days they were above us...), but the title's still eminently achievable, so let's have a draw and give the lads an extra motivation for Saturday's game.

Brandy Boy
07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
A draw would do

DorsetDave
07-01-2014, 01:45 PM
I reckon a draw is the best option, although poster 10 does make a valid point.

Anyway so long as we continue on our merry way and win at Yeovil.

UTC :D

ColinBlacklabel
07-01-2014, 01:48 PM
'Mathematically i'd always want 2 points handed out in any other fixture than our own'

Mathematically, it depends on how many points they are behind us.

If 1st place was playing bottom of the table, you wouldn't want 2 points shared as the chances are, 3 points to the bottom placed club wouldn't be enough to effect us directly.

Boliclaret
07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Draw with 4 players sent off in a bruiser of a game.

DiBraidio
07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
I'd like to see Derby lose, they had a good run just like we did but McClaren's honeymoon period is over now and with them suffering a mini-slump it will be interesting to see how they react. It might be good thing for us if they struggle and the promotion race becomes a three horse race again.

The most important thing though is that we get points on the board, much more important than what anyone else is doing.

bfcbrom
07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
If Leicester win then fair play to them. They have had a very tough holiday period where they have played nearly all the top teams and come through virtually unscathed. Some reports suggest Derby are flattering to deceive at the moment so I'm hoping they start falling away.

Leicester are as reliant on Nugent and Dyer (get a lot of penalties) as we are on Ings and Vokes so it would be interesting to see how they coped without them. In saying that they have got a big squad so would probably be ok.

A draw would be best for them IMO and obviously a win for us.

robbo0
07-01-2014, 05:09 PM
as said most important thing is we win and hopefully by some margin to bolster the GD. Need to start pulling further away and better if top two do that rather than have top 4 gaining points. Definite chance to put soome pressure on those below during next few games

after that
1 Derby lose

2 draw

3 Derby win,

also good for us if there are red cards, cans ee where they will both be classing this as a 6 pointer but again our match far more important than this one. However if we lose or draw, then hope they draw rather than Derby loss :)
also QPR to lose or draw, here prefer if they lose followed by draw.