PDA

View Full Version : Champion Hurdle 11th March

ex_pat_magpie
07-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Paddy Power offering 14/1 against Annie Power in the Stan James Champion Hurdle ante post. Next best industry price is 10/1 and on the day is likely to be about 6/1.

There you are lads and lasses you have had two months warning. ;D ;D ;D Get on each way.

sherwoodmag
07-01-2014, 12:52 PM
My Mrs has took your tip and got 10/1 off Ladbrokes.

shaun1386
07-01-2014, 01:34 PM
not guaranteed to be going for the Champion hurdle is it?

I cant really have Annie power finishing ahead of hurricane fly or the new one

ex_pat_magpie
07-01-2014, 01:39 PM

You ought to have got her on at Paddy Powers Mick. It's already dropped to 12/1

DEVONSPUR
07-01-2014, 01:42 PM
I was on the New One on Boxing Day and see no reason to desert it for the Champion Hurdle which shd be a cracker!
Ignore that form as it was a falsely run race turning into a sprint 6 furlongs out and we couldn't quite catch "My tent or yours" after blundering the last.

You can still get 8/1 if you shop around!

Annie Power might find this a bit short if the going is good!

ex_pat_magpie
07-01-2014, 01:52 PM
not guaranteed to be going for the Champion hurdle is it?

I cant really have Annie power finishing ahead of hurricane fly or the new one

That's not the point though Shaun, Hurricane Fly, The New One and My Tent or Yours are all potentially winners. But it's on the day that counts and at 1/4 odds the place at that price Annie Power is the only one with a bit of value. You will realise that at the price she goes off at, I'll warrant about 6/1 or less whereas the other three mentioned above will be about the same price they are now or may even go out a bit.

Remember Shaun it's all about value and not the number of short priced winners you can find. Those are the ones the bookies get rich on.B) B) B)

And no Shaun it's not guaranteed to go as none of them are and that's why ante post prices are so attractive.

sherwoodmag
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM

You ought to have got her on at Paddy Powers Mick. It's already dropped to 12/1[/quote] Aye but don't you still pay Irish Tax on winnings.

ex_pat_magpie
07-01-2014, 03:06 PM

You ought to have got her on at Paddy Powers Mick. It's already dropped to 12/1[/quote] Aye but don't you still pay Irish Tax on winnings.[/quote]

You don't pay any taxes in this country Mick either at any PP shops or with an internet a/c.