PDA

View Full Version : FIFA move World Cup

PompeyDon1903
08-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Will not be played in the summer, in 2022.

donwards
08-01-2014, 10:29 AM
so is it a dual share wi' Holland and Scotland or what?

'bout time Sepp!

;D

Eoinel_Jessi
08-01-2014, 10:34 AM
It's been said plenty times already but WHAT AN ABSOLUTE FARCE.

Just cancel the whole bloody thing and put it back out to tender.

donwards
08-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Unbelievable eh?

Will this affect the Euro qualifiers if played in November/January?

ForestHills
08-01-2014, 10:46 AM

FIFA want those Oil $$$s from Qatar and if its going to take making the games 5 a side, in air conditioned tents, played at 3am by candle light broadcast on a webcam to 2 camels, then thats what they will do.

tarapoa
08-01-2014, 12:06 PM
The World Cup will be played in the winter, in a country with one city the size of Glasgow, and the second biggest place roughly as big as Elgin.

This was always going to be a standout candidate in any bidding process.

Girniedon
08-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Bribery and corruption at the highest level in World Football.

Come on in Seppy your times up.

:blue: :blue:

Eoinel_Jessi
08-01-2014, 02:43 PM

FIFA want those Oil $$$s from Qatar and if its going to take making the games 5 a side, in air conditioned tents, played at 3am by candle light broadcast on a webcam to 2 camels, then thats what they will do.[/quote]

The proper response would be to boycott it and set up a EURO for summer 2022 with invites to the South Americans.

F*** FIFA. F*** Sepp Blatter.

Joey_45
08-01-2014, 02:47 PM
I thought any criticism about the World Cup bidding process was just English sour grapes... :P

I'm still confused as to how a country that only has one city in it hosts a World Cup.

Eoinel_Jessi
08-01-2014, 02:48 PM
And now they're back to saying it's not moving again.

In couldn't a p*ss-up organise brewery a c*nts these.

WHAT A FARCE. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25653594)

Eoinel_Jessi
08-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I thought any criticism about the World Cup bidding process was just English sour grapes... :P

I'm still confused as to how a country that only has one city in it hosts a World Cup.

Or any footballing heritage. Or even the smallest respect for human rights.

The place is a f*cking Medieval backwater run by hysterical bigots made rich solely by the good fortune of having oil under their feet. (yeah, yeah, it sounds just like Aberdeen)

It isn't fit to host a chess tournament, never mind the world cup.

Joey_45
08-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I hope Israel qualify and have a gay captain/manager.

OhioRed
08-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Seriously playing any football, never mind a world cup in a country like Quatar, is a waste of time. One single city and some small towns and villages.

It's like playing it in Scotland but only using Hampden, Gala Fairydean's ground, Peterhead and places like that.

Plain f*ckin' stupid.

Where are the visiting spectators going to stay? Tents in the desert perhaps at Wadi El Bongo?

Obviously a well thought out FIFA plan.

Eoinel_Jessi
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Seriously playing any football, never mind a world cup in a country like Quatar, is a waste of time. One single city and some small towns and villages.

It's like playing it in Scotland but only using Hampden, Gala Fairydean's ground, Peterhead and places like that.

Plain f*ckin' stupid.

Where are the visiting spectators going to stay? Tents in the desert perhaps at Wadi El Bongo?

Obviously a well thought out FIFA plan.

Those are obvious practical reasons for not hosting a world cup in Qatar. However, if any of the money-grabbing f***wits at FIFA had examined their consciences for 5 minutes before voting the whole thing would have been canned on moral grounds.

It was also entirely predictable that these barbarians would kill hundreds of labourers on constructions sites. At what point do we hold FIFA complicit in human rights abuses?

I can't understand why more of a fuss isn't being made about this. It's one of the worst deci

PitchMick2013
08-01-2014, 04:05 PM
I can't understand why more of a fuss isn't being made about this.

Because those involved in this decision are very powerful and power = immunity.

terenceandphilip
08-01-2014, 04:10 PM

hilarious :-D

the decision to hold the world cup there is genuinely stunning.

boaby81
08-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Corruption is one thing. It's the lack of awareness, savvy and bureaucratic competence that is surprising.

Usually white collar crime on this scale reveals enough intelligence to keep it low profile and a credible front. This is just bonkers.

Comical criminal ineptitude.

CoveKreep
08-01-2014, 04:31 PM

Now that would be interesting.

swaddon
08-01-2014, 09:45 PM
I think the next World Cup should be the last. It's all about advertising and sponsorship and very little to do with football these days.

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a World Cup finals, probably 1998 when we last qualified.

haemoglobin
08-01-2014, 11:05 PM

Israel - a country without moral legitimacy, which has no interest in or regard for international law, which possesses illegal WMD, makes repeated illegal land grabs and which is creating what is in effect an apartheid state. Yes let's see if they can somehow wind anyone up!

sancho_panza
09-01-2014, 12:04 AM
It's easy to criticise Blatter, and in most cases he deserves it, but by all accounts he didn't support the Qatar bid and voted for the United States.

Qatar 2022 is basically what happens when you give in to fluffy nonsense about football being some big democratic family where everyone gets a say. The structure of FIFA is actually fairly noble - every football association in the world electing a group of representatives to make decisions - but it's impossible to police it to avoid everything coming down to horse trading. It's a classic case of where democracy patently doesn't work and a group of faceless bureaucrats like Blatter would have made a better decision. - view external link (http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/worldcupcentral/id/729?cc=5739)

Simmie4
09-01-2014, 07:33 AM

Israel - a country without moral legitimacy, which has no interest in or regard for international law, which possesses illegal WMD, makes repeated illegal land grabs and which is creating what is in effect an apartheid state. Yes let's see if they can somehow wind anyone up![/quote]

Surrounded on all sides by those who want them wiped off the map and refuse to negotiate. I can't see why the Israeli's don't take any sh*t can you?

XD

Absolute disgrace giving it to that backward, corrupt hovel. Blatter and co must have taken a fair pay off to make it happen

Stupie82
09-01-2014, 09:07 AM
I can't understand why more of a fuss isn't being made about this.

Because those involved in this decision are very powerful and power = immunity.[/quote]

FIFA are the world equivalent to how the SFA are here in Scotland. It doesnt matter what you want, if there is $$$ involved then nothing else matters. Not having the WC in Qatar will spell armageddon for football!!! ;-)

Eoinel_Jessi
09-01-2014, 09:13 AM
It's easy to criticise Blatter, and in most cases he deserves it, but by all accounts he didn't support the Qatar bid and voted for the United States.

Qatar 2022 is basically what happens when you give in to fluffy nonsense about football being some big democratic family where everyone gets a say. The structure of FIFA is actually fairly noble - every football association in the world electing a group of representatives to make decisions - but it's impossible to police it to avoid everything coming down to horse trading. It's a classic case of where democracy patently doesn't work and a group of faceless bureaucrats like Blatter would have made a better decision.

That article just muddies the waters even more!

So Blatter was against it and Platini was for it! Why are politicians getting involved? Why did Nicholas Sarkozy even care where 2022 was going to be held?

I don't understand how Qatar can wield so much clout? More th

haemoglobin
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM

Israel - a country without moral legitimacy, which has no interest in or regard for international law, which possesses illegal WMD, makes repeated illegal land grabs and which is creating what is in effect an apartheid state. Yes let's see if they can somehow wind anyone up![/quote]

Surrounded on all sides by those who want them wiped off the map and refuse to negotiate. I can't see why the Israeli's don't take any sh*t can you?

XD

[/quote]

Also they have a very effective propaganda system that leads people to believe crazy nonsense such as that in some way they are the victims in the middle east snafu, and that they respond reasonably and proportionately to outrageous and never-ending provocation.

Like Scottish football coverage, you're unlikely to find out the truth from the BBC

Simmie4
10-01-2014, 12:13 PM

XD

[/quote]

Also they have a very effective propaganda system that leads people to believe crazy nonsense such as that in some way they are the victims in the middle east snafu, and that they respond reasonably and proportionately to outrageous and never-ending provocation.

Like Scottish football coverage, yo

Eoinel_Jessi
10-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Iran hasn't repeatedly said they should be wiped from the map?

No, they haven't. The quote attributed to Ahmadinejad was translated incorrectly. Google it if you can be bothered familiarizing yourself with the facts.

If you're concerned about countries being "wiped from the map" of the Middle East you might want to consider the case of Palestine which went a long time ago.

claw84
10-01-2014, 02:54 PM
I would not go to the Qatar world cup if I was paid to go. Worked there for a year, that was enough. B)