PDA

View Full Version : New deal for Rankin?

TheBoyBennison
08-01-2014, 01:28 PM
"John Rankin hopes to finalise a new deal with the Tangerines in the next week or so."

Stefani Dailly - STV

EastStand_Elite
08-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Is defo gomis that's off to sevco then.

SmedDUm
08-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I'd like Gomis to stay, don't understand the lack of enthusiasm on here about his arrival. OK he's had little pitch time but I see him as being pivotal to our chances for the 2nd half of the season. Paul Paton's done fine since he came but he's no Jimmy. Rankin's been back to his best so perm any two from three & we have good stiffness in front of our sometimes brittle defence.

silverish
08-01-2014, 02:19 PM
I'd like Gomis to stay, don't understand the lack of enthusiasm on here about his arrival. OK he's had little pitch time but I see him as being pivotal to our chances for the 2nd half of the season. Paul Paton's done fine since he came but he's no Jimmy. Rankin's been back to his best so perm any two from three & we have good stiffness in front of our sometimes brittle defence.

"But he's no Jimmy" ???? And what is that exactly?

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.

SmedDUm
08-01-2014, 02:31 PM
'Nowhere near the player he was'? On what evidence?
And I don't want anyone to go to Ibrox, Rankin, Paton or Gomis.

NAREYETAL
08-01-2014, 02:40 PM
[quote="TheBoyBennison"

Stefani Dailly - STV[/quote]

Hope so

:heart: Ranks

silverish
08-01-2014, 02:43 PM
'Nowhere near the player he was'? On what evidence?
And I don't want anyone to go to Ibrox, Rankin, Paton or Gomis.

If he was, he would walk back into the team. His cameo roles so far have shown absolutely zilch.

arabian_ian
08-01-2014, 02:43 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.[/quote]

Sorry Silver but have to disagree mate. Gomis to me has done well since arriving back. I for one would be sorry to lose him and fkn devistated if he were to join the scum.

silverish
08-01-2014, 02:57 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.[/quote]

Sorry Silver but have to disagree mate. Gomis to me has done well since arriving back. I for one would be sorry to lose him and fkn devistated if he were to join the scum.[/quote]

Fair do's Ian. The thing that's annoying me is the fact that some are totally dismissing what Pato

weedude83
08-01-2014, 02:57 PM

Sorry Silver but have to disagree mate. Gomis to me has done well since arriving back. I for one would be sorry to lose him and fkn devistated if he were to join the scum.[/quote]

Inverness away in the cup, when he was on he was magnificent.

offshore_arab83
08-01-2014, 03:09 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.[/quote]This...Done f uck all since coming back

ofgtf
08-01-2014, 03:12 PM

Inverness away in the cup, when he was on he was ma

SmedDUm
08-01-2014, 03:14 PM

Fair do's Ian. The thing that's annoying me is the

arabian_ian
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.[/quote]This...Done f uck all since coming back[/quote]

Controversial!!!
Nice 1 Offshore XD

offshore_arab83
08-01-2014, 03:16 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.[/quote]This...Done f uck all since coming back[/quote]

Controversial!!!
Nice 1 Offshore XD[/quote]Did you expect anything else fae me mate O:)

NAREYETAL
08-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Am i missing something ... why cant we keep Ranks AND Jimmy :/

TheMightyRojas
08-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Agree with Affshore on this.

Did well at Parkhead but when he plays he bombs about like a marine and leaves the other cm expossed and we then inevitably lose our shape.

Paul Paton is not a pretty player to watch but he knows his position and what's required of him very well.

Also very good at the "drop the shoulder" dummy and the diagonal passes. >:)

We actually lost the midfield against the sheep when Jackie had to take him off for his own good(next foul and he was off).

Don't see why John Soutar couldn't play midfield if needed to.

;D

hamiltonarab
08-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Invernes

Whitfieldarab
08-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Fair do's Ian. The thing that's annoying me is the

xtrmntr
08-01-2014, 07:32 PM
When Gomis signed, Jackie said that we'd now be able to play different tactics depending upon the opposition, etc. I took that to be that we would go with 3 holding midfielders, with either 1 or 2 sitting, the other/s in front of him/them & leaving the 3 up up front.

Hindsight is wonderful, but we may have been better served with tightening up the midfield (and thus defence!) and rotating the 3 up top - especially since Ciftci picked up his injury & hasn't looked the same since.

We had plenty of opportunities to dabble with formations when 3 & 4 goals up in games with time to tinker, but the only shape change was to go 4-4-2, in my opinion to try & get goals out of Goodie & Graham.

Inverness will be difficult enough on Sunday - perhaps that's the time to try this out, especially given recent injuries over a poor run of form. It seems to be that we have the default formation/personnel (maybe only question mark over who plays at RB), but not much thought on what option 2 is.

shedka
08-01-2014, 09:13 PM

This, happy to have the three of them for CM

And like you don't understand why some seem to be quick to jump on Gomis, he's barely had a chance, would they rather have no one if Rankin or Paton get injured/suspended?

Gomis still has it, he just needs a run, many Birmingham fans were disappointed he was being let go, he's at a good age aswell, a longer term option than say Ranks (though super fit i'd reckon can give us maybe 2 more seasons at his current level)

shedka
08-01-2014, 09:17 PM

Utter nonsense, unlike Goodie and Wilson he has not had much chance to prove himself again so far

The only games he featured in for any length of time have been, Celtic away where he was excellent, Inverness away in the Cup wh

silverish
08-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Utter nonsense, unlike Goodie and Wilson he has not had much chance to prove himself again so far

The only games he featured in for any length of time have been, Celtic away where he

shedka
08-01-2014, 09:44 PM

The only games he featured in for any

silverish
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Utter nonsense, unlike Goodie and Wilson he has not had much chance to prove himself again s

JelloBiafra
08-01-2014, 10:33 PM

Inverness away in the cup, when he was on he was ma

TerryTheTerror
08-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Yes, he definitely was immense that night.

arabugs
09-01-2014, 06:05 AM
Hope so

:heart: Ranks

This ^^^^^

JelloBiafra
09-01-2014, 06:19 AM
No, Rado was immense. Rest of team bravely held on for grim death, not "immense" as per report. Just checked back.

Man of the Match:- Defensively, everyone was a hero, but Radoslav Cierzniak was immense, making several crucial stops even before the side went down to ten men.

Smherty91
09-01-2014, 07:11 AM
hope we get him on a new contract and make him the captin guys been 10/10 for us this season

Bald_Eagle
09-01-2014, 08:12 AM
He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.

Nail head bang on!

offshore_arab83
09-01-2014, 10:30 AM

The only games he featured in for any length of time have been, Celtic away where he

TerryTheTerror
09-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I was at the match and, IMHO, he was. :)

offshore_arab83
09-01-2014, 10:32 AM

Utter nonsense, unlike Goodie and Wilson he has not had much chance to prove himself again s

offshore_arab83
09-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I was at the match and, IMHO, he was. :)Opinions are like arseholes mate, we all have one...

:)

shedka
09-01-2014, 05:02 PM

Utter nonsense, unlike Goodie and Wilso

offshore_arab83
09-01-2014, 05:14 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him that's going to Sevco and no Rankin, I'll be delighted.[/quote]This...Done f uck all since coming back[/quot

offshore_arab83
10-01-2014, 09:02 PM

dufcn40
10-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Conway was ****e for a couple of seasons mate, hot and cold. he started playing about Christmas before our cup final win

shedka
10-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Conway was ****e for a couple of seasons mate, hot and cold. he started playing about Christmas before our cup final win

I thought Conway was very good the majority of the time and when he wasn't he was still providing assists, injuries set him back a bit in 2007/08 but he returned and started playing well from then on, not just halfway through the cup win season, Swanson falls into that category.

shedka
10-01-2014, 09:27 PM

He's nae where near the player he was when he left here. And if its him th

Cad_10
10-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Gomis was probably our best player v Celtic too, until he went off.

Not been very consistent, though, to be fair, he's only started, what, three games?

Silverback2010
17-01-2014, 12:25 PM
JMac in the papers today sayin, a??Wea??ve been speaking and I think he wants to have a chat with his agent about a couple of things but it looks like wea??ll get it done,a?? added Jackie.

weedude83
17-01-2014, 01:23 PM

In