PDA

View Full Version : Away/Second Strip

thegrunter
08-01-2014, 06:59 PM
In my day you wore the 2nd strip if there was a clash either of colour or if watching in black and white similar shades

So WTF are West Ham wearing an away strip which are the same colours as MC in reverse and if you are half blind like me blends into the opposition strip

What's the point ?

Presumably sponsors deals !!

RedStarTorphins
08-01-2014, 08:16 PM
In my day you wore the 2nd strip if there was a clash either of colour or if watching in black and white similar shades

So WTF are West Ham wearing an away strip which are the same colours as MC in reverse and if you are half blind like me blends into the opposition strip

What's the point ?

Presumably sponsors deals !!

or maybe because their home strip has sky blue sleeves, white shorts & white socks?

swaddon
08-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Hibernian and Celtic both usually wear their change strips at Pittodrie, and the old Rangers did as well.

Only Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee United have a valid excuse to wear their change colours at the Cathedral of Football.

actonsheep
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Hibernian and Celtic both usually wear their change strips at Pittodrie, and the old Rangers did as well.

Only Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee United have a valid excuse to wear their change colours at the Cathedral of Football.

I suspect its a misguided attempt to avoid recognition when they get pumped..

swaddon
09-01-2014, 09:11 PM

I suspect its a misguided attempt to avoid recognition when they get pumped..[/quote]

Everyone gets pumped at Pittodrie; there's no hiding place for any club.