PDA

View Full Version : T Bone Steak in Burnley?

ColinBlacklabel
09-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Looking for a good quality T Bone Steak (not frozen) and was wondering if any of you guys could recommend?

A lot of places only seem to sell them frozen because otherwise they'd need to be cooked in reasonably high volume and be sure they're going to be sold.

SimplyClaret
09-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Howdo. You could try Roaming Roosters butchers on the Fence by-pass. Excellent meat. Butchers is run by what used to be Mellings in Nelson. All meat is locally reared. Might be worth ringing them first to make sure they have some T-bones especially if it is not close to weekend. All fresh, nowt frozen.

ColinBlacklabel
09-01-2014, 04:39 PM
SimplyClaret, many thanks for your reply I'll give them a bell.

SimplyClaret
09-01-2014, 04:46 PM
You are most welcome. I hope it works out -- always reluctant to recommend places in case it backfires. I always find the phrase "can you sort me a nice couple of whatevers out" tends to work as code for "I want the good stuff" I went in over Christmas and the guy brought some in from the fridge even though they had some in the cabinet. Very nice and tender they were too.

dezzerbfc
09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Used to use roaming roosters formally mellings when opposite mosque in Nelson, i concur excellent butcher. however, was recommended and now use Meat 2 u (see link) Superb quality meat excellent service and a lot cheaper!!
Try them i doubt you'll be dissapointed! - view external link (http://www.meat2u.net/)

BelialofBacup
09-01-2014, 10:20 PM
It's rare to see T-Bones about these days

MartinC265
10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
As I saw this, an article on my fave steak, I couldnt resist. Went to the link and ordered T bones, fillets, rib eyes, chops, bacon and eggs and other such delights. Ordered and paid on line last night selected a delivery between 9-12 free next day. All arrived at 9.30 this morning, looks good, have only tried the eggs and bacon so far which was good. Maybe a rib eye tonight, saving the T bones for when my daughter arrives.