PDA

View Full Version : Losing both Ings & Trippier

LoveCurryPies
09-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Liverpool looking at Ings for 8 million, and Trippier wanted by Stoke & West Brom. Nooooo!!!!

ClaretMoffitt
09-01-2014, 06:25 PM
We wont sell.

LancasterClaret
09-01-2014, 06:27 PM
If (and its a bloody big if) this happens, we will charge absolutely top dollar for them.

If they are going to be sold though, then as soon as possible as we'd need to get replacements.

1989_claret
09-01-2014, 06:30 PM
I'd take 10million and a loan back for Ings or just 10millon and i'd take 6million for Trippier.

I'd take the above unless at least one will sign a new deal. Don't see either happening though.

Squarepusher
09-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Where's this being reported then?

FCBurnley
09-01-2014, 06:34 PM
Why on earth would we sell any of our better players before the end of the season ? They will be worth at least the same and maybe more at the end of the season. Even our board are not that stupid...are they ?

g69
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
In the summertime when the weather is fine
UTC

Peter_Nobles_Wig
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
"Even our board are not that stupid"

I believe our Board are doing a good job in very difficult times. Balancing the books is never easy but in the middle of recession or whatever the hell this is, it is even more difficult. Ask the likes of Phil Gartslime! ;D

LoveCurryPies
09-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Report originally was Daily Mail but now rife on Twitter & social media. Of course that doesn't mean anything but no smoke without...

Squarepusher
09-01-2014, 06:44 PM
I'd personally be surprised to see a club with Champions League aspirations coming in for him.

ColinBlacklabel
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM
"We wont sell"

We will if Liverpool offer 8 million for Ings and either the board believe Barnes can replace Ings or Liverpool loan him back to us for the rest of the season.

Selling for 8 million and having him for the rest of the season wouldn't be all bad, because if we don't go up, he'd be sold anyway, and if we do go up, we'll have the money to improve the entire squad.

thedonz
09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
The Liverpool interest has been there for weeks so would not surprise me if a Louis Saha type deal is done in this window.
Would be shocked to see Trippier go this window

theclaret57
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
what's a "Louis Saha type deal"?

Colburn_Claret
09-01-2014, 07:07 PM
I agree that sooner or later Danny is going to be sold, hopefully later, and that a clause to leave him here for the rest of the season makes sense.
I just don't think that at this time Liverpool are the 'best' club for him. Sat on the bench behind Suarez and Sturridge. It would be a crime for someone of his talent to waste it, counting the money in their reserves.
If indeed he is to go then I'd sooner he went to a club that is likely to play him.

royboyclaret
09-01-2014, 07:08 PM
"I'd take 10million and a loan back for Ings or just 10millon and i'd take 6million for Trippier."

H, This 16million that you'd take for the pair, I'm intrigued to know what you'd do with money. Because whatever it is it would weaken the team as it is now and most importantly there is NO need to sell anyone in January.

gosia
09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Can't imagine us selling Ings unless it's a loan back until end of season otherwise we're back down to just 2 forwards and I though we needed another forward in to support Danny and Sam.

Unless...of course we're lining up another forward off the back of the money we are getting for Ings - say Nakhi Wells from Bradford.

If we got 8m for Ings that would still leave us about 6m up but would seriously damage our chances of going up, me thinks. Hopefully the Board will feel the same. Far too risky a strategy especially if we know we can sell Ings in the summer for the same - possibly even more if he continues banging them in.

CnBtruntru
09-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Tell them to come back when we are in the Premier league next year, doubt Trips would want to leave for Stoke or West Brom then, unless of course they are going to pay him 50grand a week, i would go for that, even 5000 at this moment in time with my two dodgy knees and back XD

NickBFC
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
We won't sell because I can't see anyone in January offering enough. Would anyone realistically punt A?8m on an unproven player in the top flight this month? They might do in the summer but I can't see anything happening at the moment.

royboyclaret
09-01-2014, 07:20 PM
"Hopefully the Board will feel the same"

How many times does this need saying on here?

The Board do feel the same, it was stated categorically at the shareholder's meeting in late December.
The ONLY thing that could change that situation is if one or other of the players agitate for a move.

If I'm any judge of the character of both Ings and Trippier that will not happen.

CnBtruntru
09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I would like to think that all the team at this present time with the spirit and fight they seem to have, would like to stay until the end of the season , just to see how it pans out, you help little ole Burnley get automatic promotion and you can start counting the extra pounds/offers that will be being thrown at you come summer time.

The Bedlington Terrier
09-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Not happening..!

dsr
09-01-2014, 11:13 PM
I suppose our only hope, then, is that this is one of those once-in-a-blue-moon events where random newspaper speculation doesn't come true. But that doesn't happen often - especially when Twitter gets in on the act. There's no way several dozen randomly guessing people who know nowt about it could possibly be wrong.

ClevelandBrown
09-01-2014, 11:21 PM
They're irreplaceable at this time.

Even if we get A?16m (and that's a big if) there's no way we could spend that on two players to replace them as the wages would break our structure.

Rowls
09-01-2014, 11:24 PM
You don't have to spend all the money you get in a transfer fee immediately on a replacement though cleveland. It doesn't work like that.

;)

Bin_Ont_Turf
09-01-2014, 11:39 PM
When I lose something I usually search down the back of the settee.

Today I found Tony Morley there.

taio
09-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Like everyone, I hope we can keep hold of both players, especially until the summer, but there's no way we'd get a combined 16m. If we got say a maximum of 10m for the pair, I'd have thought less than half would be used for new player acquisitions.

cblantfanclub
09-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Obviously a wind up. Tripps wont be wanted by any premiership club he simply isn't a good enough defender. His weakness being hidden by his ability to get forward and cross.
Anyone with pace or quick feet can beat him. He's a good championship defender. Just look at his performance against Adomah the other week and he's no premiership winger.

Pieandapint
09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Trippier has improved but I agree that defensively he's probably not much above top of the championship level. His delivery from the wings and with both feet, is probably a very attractive attribute to a few PL managers.

Had QPR had his service to Austin this season they'd probably be streets ahead in the league.

daveisaclaret
10-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Full back is an attacking role in modern football. Just look at Seamus Coleman.

Trippier has definitely got enough about him to play in the Premier League.

Hell, ClaretsMad thought that Tyrone Mears should play for England in 2009 and he wasn't a great defender.

We wont sell Ings or Trippier though, just btw.

decent
10-01-2014, 03:11 AM
Barnes and Vokes having played together already at Brighton would signal we are already preparing to lose Ings ...

Quicknick
10-01-2014, 06:13 AM
Why? :?

ashtonlongsider
10-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Good point Decent.

As for Trippier, I'm sure he can make it in the PL as a modern wing back. Can't think of many better crossers of a ball in a Claret shirt and he is only going to get better over the next few years. Hope it's with us but not banking on it.

taio
10-01-2014, 07:29 AM
I'm totally unconvinced that Barnes and Vokes having played together is a signal that we are preparing to lose Ings. Vokes only played a small amount of games over a short period with Brighton and less partnering Barnes. Therefore I believe the connection being made is weak at best, particularly when you consider Dyche was after signing Barnes last summer.

year_of_the_fox
10-01-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't believe for one minute that any key players will be sold in January.

I see the addition of Barnes as an indication that the board are backing SD In a series promotion challenge as we are still there now after Christmas.

They know how much that premier league prize money!!!

edison
10-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Sports journalists just write stories, without any sources, to wind up fans and boost sales.

martin_p
10-01-2014, 09:42 AM
'Barnes and Vokes having played together already at Brighton would signal we are already preparing to lose Ings ...'

The counter to that very weak argument (and equally nonsensical) is that Vokes and Ings have played together at Burnley therefore we are not preparing to lose Ings.

Quicknick
10-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Martin P. If I could give you a like, I would. That was brilliant.

keith1879
10-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Martin P. ... Surely this is a sign that we are about to sell both Vokes and Ings to the same club