PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Tan or The Venky's??

ClaretsDareToDream
09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Lets face it. Even though as Burnley fans we love the job the Venky's are doing with Blackburn - they are not good at all as owners.
Then there is all the mayhem with Tan at Cardiff thats been unveiling the last few months.
So my question is, who - out of the two - would you trust more as an owner to look after Burnley?
Personally, I would rather have Tan in charge, simply because of the money the club would get. He may change our homestrip to green or whatever - but at least financially we would be safe. I don't think the Venky's are the best for handling the money of the club!

I know its a bit of a random question, just wondered what you all thought?

I will say at this point, I dont want any of them and am happy with the board now. Doing excellent jobs :p ;)

CnBtruntru
09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Lets face it if we had either of these, i would wake up every day with Nightmares :D

royboyclaret
09-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Oh Dear.

ColdPieWarmBeer
09-01-2014, 10:27 PM
So this corkscrew, you want it rammed through your left nut or right?

KeighleyClaret
09-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Syphlis or Gonorrhoea?

williamblah
09-01-2014, 11:45 PM
English football is seeing increasing numbers of mainly clueless foreign 'sugar daddy's' buying up clubs for their own ego trips.
We are seeing that it is totally skewing the culture of the game (Cardiff's loss of identity) Rovers instantly stripped of the management structure that would have kept them in the Premiership, Man City and Chelski with so much wealth that they can hardly field a British born player in their first team...further evidence of loss of identity.
Whilst Premiership status remains the ultimate footballing challenge in England...is the grass really greener?

daveisaclaret
10-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Worth keeping in mind in a thread like this how many Burnley fans were open to the anonymous Russian investment that was supposedly coming our way.

I'd rather have the Venky's than Tan, though. They're still Blackburn Rovers and everything that that traditionally means, and that's more important than bought success imo.

CasaDeClaret
10-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Man City and Chelski with so much wealth that they can hardly field a British born player in their first team...further evidence of loss of identity.

Is it?

lotty1
10-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes it very definitely IS !:(

jt_claret
10-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Interesting.

I'd have to go for Tan (reluctantly) - he may be a head case and changed the colours, but there's far more chance of B*****ds slumming it round the bottom division or worse in the near future.

Allardyce sacked unfairly and replaced by Keen
vs
Mackay sacked unfairly and replaced by SolskjA?r

There again, only time will tell as to whose really worse

LancasterClaret
10-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Both are bankrolling clubs so that they can spend far beyond their means.

Tan seems as bat**** mental as the Venkys did when they first took over, so maybe he will calm down over time...

Venkys for me, as it appears they have realised they made mistakes and are trying to correct them, rather than pulling out and effectively destroying Rovers.

Goes without saying that I hope they change their mind asap!

Notrigsbyscat
10-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Tan for me. Both options are encumbered with ego-driven actions, but there's more gone on behind the scenes at Cardiff WRT the transfer kitty and players than has been disclosed. In that respect I feel Tan has suffered from negative PR, where he needn't have

stevie_thunder
10-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Venky's have bankrolled the *******s to relegation, mainly due to sacking a manager who was doing a decent job (that's about the highest compliment I could force myself to pay Fat Sam).

Tan has bankrolled Cardiff to promotion. He will be better judged on the outcome of his decision to change manager.

Claytonblue
10-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Brendan Flood ;D