PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation in Bournemouth

Halffullclaret
10-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Try airbnb.co.uk for b and b and very cheap flats for rent, some sleeping several people. You stay in small places fully equipeed .These are sometimes families spare rooms which is why they are under A?50 /night

Leisure
10-01-2014, 09:59 AM
If this is for our scheduled game against Bournemouth on 15th Feb, I'd hang fire before booking anything until you know if they are still in the Cup for the 5th Round. If they are the our game will be off!

edison
10-01-2014, 11:44 AM
If their 3rd round game with Burton goes to a replay, it's likely they'll only be playing Liverpool in the 4th round on Feb 15.

It's a pain. I want to book my flights but have to wait until I know if they're in the FA Cup or not - booking late means paying higher prices.

wadesawinger
10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Liverpool games on 25th Jan a 12_45 kick off live on ITV ,cherries just got to beat Burton first next tuesday which hopefully they will

edison
10-01-2014, 02:33 PM
They should do the right thing and lose to Burton, save us any messing about. Same goes for Rovers at City.

I want to get on with planning that trip, although Sky might yet sniff around that one for TV purposes.

Jan63
10-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I will give you 3 options depending on what you want to spend, remember though it is valentines day on friday which may make it a bit harder to book.1. Captains club in christchurch overlooking the flooded river stour, not cheap but plenty of valentines browny points!! also a couple of yards down the river you can get fantasic fish and chips from the old mill tea rooms (dont know who owns it ;D )2.Cooper dean travelodge, just as your getting into town and is attached to a toby carvery pub :D, i have had friends stay and they said it was nice and clean. Finally if you are boys on tour and just want to get your head down then any of the hotels above the BIC on west cliff road.As it is a holiday resort you will not be short of places to stay but as someone said on an earlier thread although boscombe has some nice hotels if you do not know the area i cannot really recommend it.I hope this is of some use, they have now got all four sides of the ground completed and although it does not hold

wadesawinger
10-01-2014, 05:10 PM
All good suggestions Jan, again on an earlier thread I had also suggested the Premier Inn Christchurch, and a bus ride into Deans Court. Are you local ? We live Stanpit , Mudeford .

edison
10-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I really, really don't want to have to stay overnight for this one, but getting from Bournemouth to anywhere afterwards to be able to catch a flight is a challenge.

Nothing late from Southampton.

So far, it looks like the best option is train from Pokesdown to Gatwick - the train costs an absolute fortune though.

Hmmm

wadesawinger
10-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Nothing from Bournemouth via Aer Lingus Edison ?
See they are showing 38 one way on the Sunday evening to Dublin

Jan63
10-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Yes wadesawinger,i have lived down here since 1990, we live in queens park my local pub being the fiveways (along with 3 other clarets !!)I also own the old mill tea rooms on christchurch quay which this time last week was flooded :blue: We also own the ice cream kiosk which goes next to the splashpark near the captains club and i am sure i would have releived you of some money for an ice cream over the years XD I have seen your comments on here many times before and have tried to reply but computer said NO. After two years the system finally let me in although i have been looking at this site for about seven years. I seem to remember you have a season ticket for what i still call dean court ? I will put up another thread nearer the date regarding the fiveways as the landlord came up with us to the turf for the bournemouth game and as it is footy and child friendly along with cheap beer and a good priced food i think it is another option for anyone to choose.If you are out and about i

wadesawinger
10-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Lol. You have indeed taken our money a few times :D in fact had some takeaway coffee only a week or so ago. we pass by as we keep a little floating thing over the bridge by the mill in Elkins !! Will make a point of stopping by and saying hi next time , are you at the match tomorrow ?

Jan63
10-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Yes , four of us so far but as you can pay on the day we might get more depending on mr weather, on a side note i wish the tea rooms was a little floating thing .

wadesawinger
10-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Two of us, meeting up with IrishClaretboy (from Salisbury ) see you there COYC