PDA

View Full Version : The focus must now be on the Development Squad

I_Wood_Lovett
10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
With the news that with the Board's backing we have landed SD's main transfer target and with the possibility of some support for the midfield engine room, there is a real buzz about the place.

The timing of Vokesy's contract extension is an extra bonus and Ross Wallace's return from injury has seen us enter the New Year as strong as we could hope for.

Now is the time to step up the progress of the Development Squad. We need those promising young players (especially the ones who have already been awarded squad numbers) to make themselves known.

Last week we were able to arrange two games principally for Ross Wallace's recovery against quality opposition in Liverpool and Wolves.

More of these games are now a priority to bring through the young talent that will pressurise and eventually replace the 'stars' that will inevitably move on.

I'm sure that SD recognises this and recently we have seen some news on the sub's bench - maybe we will see more now that others have return fr

ClaretTony2014
10-01-2014, 11:44 AM
"More of these games are now a priority|"

We've been playing them all season - view external link (http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/ed15/development_squad_fixtures_201314_799465/index.shtml)

I_Wood_Lovett
10-01-2014, 11:52 AM
There are games and there are games. Quality and competitiveness are what's needed.

what_no_pies
10-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Noble with 4 goals in total there. Has he played a majority of games? Was very well thought of by most of my Sunderland supporting mates and scored for fun in their reserves. What's going on?