PDA

View Full Version : Bookies making an error.

JIMBO_86
10-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Allright folks

Just went into a local bookies, put on a bet for tonights game, Aberdeen to win 3-1. Asked the lady behind the counter to put the price on the ticket. Chucked a cheeky fiver on the bet. She has put 40/1 on the ticket which is the hibs price to win 3-1 instead of the Dons price which is 16/1 I think...

Anyway - if the Dons win 3-1 Tonight they have to pay me what it says on the ticket right?
I know there is some casual gamblers oot there with experience of this sort of thing. :D

Anyone experienced a bookie making an error before?

ricos_beard
10-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Allright folks

Just went into a local bookies, put on a bet for tonights game, Aberdeen to win 3-1. Asked the lady behind the counter to put the price on the ticket. Chucked a cheeky fiver on the bet. She has put 40/1 on the ticket which is the hibs price to win 3-1 instead of the Dons price which is 16/1 I think...

Anyway - if the Dons win 3-1 Tonight they have to pay me what it says on the ticket right?
I know there is some casual gamblers oot there with experience of this sort of thing. :D

Yes they do. Contract law would apply.

But you won't get the cash - we always win 4-0 on Fridays.

RedArmy83
10-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think they can reserve the right to refuse any winning bets aslong as they have a rightful reason for doing so. If I remember rightly, misprints etc happened a lot on football coupons several years ago and usually resulted in the stake just being refunded. But if that result comes in tonight, then lets hope the new trainee who hasn't a clue what they're doing is working behind the counter tomorrow when you go in and pick up your winnings!

ricos_beard
10-01-2014, 01:01 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think they can reserve the right to refuse any winning bets aslong as they have a rightful reason for doing so. If I remember rightly, misprints etc happened a lot on football coupons several years ago and usually resulted in the stake just being refunded. But if that result comes in tonight, then lets hope the new trainee who hasn't a clue what they're doing is working behind the counter tomorrow when you go in and pick up your winnings!

I think thats why these days when you put in a coupen they tell you of price changes.

They may try to not pay it out but that would be against the law - i think.

JIMBO_86
10-01-2014, 01:05 PM
If it says 40/1 on the ticket then surely that's what they pay out, their mistake. B)

afc_1983
10-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Allright folks

Yes, but not in the manner you have described.

I went into a bookies in Dundee and wrote out a betting slip for Aberdeen to win 3-1 at Dens in the game between Christmas and New Year last season.

Lo and behold we won 3-1.

A few days larter I went to collect my winnings in a sister bookies in Glasgow but they initially said they would't pay out because my slip wouldn't process properly.

TedHankey
10-01-2014, 01:09 PM
it is a palpable error.

if you win you will be paid out at 16/1.

good luck.

JIMBO_86
10-01-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't ever have much success gambling, that's why I don't do it often. Irish lotto and usually a couple of quid on the dons is enough for me. I just fancied putting a fiver on them tonight to win 3-1, so hopefully tonight is the night I get some money back from the ŁUNT5

JIMBO_86
10-01-2014, 01:12 PM
it is a palpable error.

good luck.

You might be right, but if that's the case then what's the point in them even writing the odds on these slips if they can just change it to suit them when they pay out???

Brownies_11
10-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Same thing happened to myself a while back. I had Lee Miller to score anytime and Aberdeen to win 2-1. I can't remeber the odds but the guy had made a msitake on the slip and i ended up getting less than i thought.

TedHankey
10-01-2014, 01:16 PM
it is a palpable error.

good luck.

You might be right, but if that's the case then what's the point in them even writing the odds on these slips if they can just change it to suit them when they pay out???[/quote]

I am right.

Palpable errors are within all bookmakers rules and come into play when a price given is obviously wrong (ie) when compared to other bookmaker prices for the same bet.

when the bet does not come in :D you should go into the shop and try to get the bet voided.

TedHankey
10-01-2014, 01:18 PM
18. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS
18.1 A number of circumstances may arise where a bet or wager is accepted, or a payment is made, by us in error. A non-exhaustive list of such circumstances is as follows:
18.1.1 where we mis-state any odds or terms of a bet or gaming wager to You as a result of obvious error or omission in inputting the information or setting up a market, or as a result of a computer malfunction;
18.1.2 where we have made a 'palpable error'. A palpable error occurs where:
18.1.2.1 in relation to bets placed prior to an event taking place, the prices/terms offered are materially different from those available in the general market; or
18.1.2.2 in relation to any event, the price/terms offered at the time the bet is placed are clearly incorrect given the probability of the event occurring;
18.1.3 where we have continued to accept bets on a market which should have been suspended, including where the relevant event is in progress (except where 'in-running' bets are accepted) or ha

Dec123Red
10-01-2014, 01:31 PM
it is a palpable error.

good luck.

Correct been on the receiving end of this a few times.

what you must remember is that bookies are horrible c*nts andwill look for any excuse to rip their punters off

TedHankey
10-01-2014, 01:33 PM
bet365 made a error on the pdc darts market

they had 7/4 for a new winner after Taylor had been knocked out and with the 3 previous winners all in the same side of the draw.

2/5 for not a new winner.

However they were the only bookies offering this type of bet at the time Taylor was knocked out so there was no other market to compare against.

A few of us on the betfair forum filled our boots

i had 200 on at 7/4 and was paid out. :D

ohno
10-01-2014, 02:00 PM
it is a palpable error.

good luck.

Spot on min.Most bets are settled in the main office nae a wifie behind the counter!

skiddy1903
10-01-2014, 02:03 PM
i think if they notice they are within their rights to not pay out but they might not notice.

I wanted to put an 8 way accumulator to 8 qualifiers for the 2nd round of the 2006 world cup. Went in to the bookies but qualification wasn't available on any of the coupons so I asked at the desk for the odds for the teams I had picked.

Lassie behind the desk gave me the odds for them to win their group not just qualify. Annoyingly I only put A?2 on it as I hadn't realised their mistake till I gave the odds a proper look later.

Ended up winning at combined odds of about 200-1 rather than what should've been closer to 20-1 I'd guess.

Went in to collect my winnings and after examining my slip was told they didn't have enough cash so I'd have to come back tomorrow. My winnings were about A?400 so I doubted they wouldn't have that available and was sure it was just a delaying tactic before eventually not paying out.

Following day they paid out with no hassle at all though which I was pl

RedGus
10-01-2014, 02:22 PM
You may well find that they do not pay out at all, never mind pay you at the reduced (actual) odds!

I placed an online "in-play" bet recently in the darts because the odds were the same as at the start of the match despite the favourite having a solid start.

Lo and behold, when my bet came in I was shocked to see I only had my stake returned to me with no winnings as they explained that there had been a "technical error".

On the bright side, I phoned up customer services and they were able to provide a complimentary "bonus" of what I would have won, so not all bookies are c*nts, just make sure you are prepared to complain and say they will lose your custom if that is the way they treat their punters.

BTW, tonight will be 1-0, Pawlett FGS, so this is irrelevant ;)

ohno
10-01-2014, 02:49 PM
You may well find that they do not pay out at all, never mind pay you at the reduced (actual) odds!

I placed an online "in-play" bet recently in the darts because the odds were the same as at the start of the match despite the favourite having a solid start.

Lo and behold, when my bet came in I was shocked to see I only had my stake returned to me with no winnings as they explained that there had been a "technical error".

On the bright side, I phoned up customer services and they were able to provide a complimentary "bonus" of what I would have won, so not all bookies are c*nts, just make sure you are prepared to complain and say they will lose your custom if that is the way they treat their punters.

Never ever bet FGS correct score double.The correct odds get slashed.If you want "a double" put FGS and the correct score of another game.

Redforever1986
10-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Never ever bet FGS correct score double.The correct odds get slashed.If you want "a double" put FGS and the correct score of an

Panda
10-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Skybet did a "price boost" tonight on Willo Flood and 1-0 Aberdeen. Odds were 40/1.