PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Hibs

GraemePaynesSocks
10-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Lots of long balls, crosses into the box and dangerous corners.

Simple stuff that we need to learn how to cope with...

TheMightyRojas
10-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Phuckin brutal fae two are whole of teams

Fact

>:(

GraemePaynesSocks
10-01-2014, 07:22 PM
There's certainly precious little football on display.

Giant_Jouster
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
All brawn nae brains. Dinna think either side has strung 6 passes together. Kneel Kneel or to be settled by a set piece IMO.

offshore_arab83
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Rather watch the soaps being honest..

Hoof !!! Launch !!! Punt

Or the lassies on the soaps... hmmm let me think XD

Chips_OToole
10-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Didn't expect a game with 2 managers who play non-football to be particularly entertaining did you?

M_Mushroom
10-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Stonewall that the sheep will win with a header off a corner or a free kick.

#brutality

shedka
10-01-2014, 08:17 PM
When i saw this was tonight, i thought, low scoring bore, probably 1-0, more than likely to Aberdeen

SSB's still don't get much value for money with regards goals at home, despite the improvement this season!

Trap_6
10-01-2014, 08:17 PM

Just my opinion but I don't think we need to learn to cope with anything.

The first team are less than six months into a completely new style of play. To call it a work in progress doesn't even do it justice. As a project, it's barely begun.

Whether anyone likes it or not, this is the way football is going. In a couple of years United are going to be well down the road of playing quick, dynamic, passing football. So much further on than at present. Where will teams like Aberdeen and Hibs be? Better at closing teams down and playing 'effective' football? It will no longer be enough. Just like when Scottish teams play anyone semi decent in Europe, that style of play will be shown up for what it is - an outdated relic from a bygone age.

Long may McInnes, Butcher and co have 'success' playing that way.

arabugs
10-01-2014, 08:21 PM

The first team are less than six months into a completely new style of play. To call it a work in progress doesn't even do it justice. As a project, it's barely begun.

Whether anyone likes it or not, this is the way football is going. In a couple of years United are going to be well down the road of playing quick, dynamic, passing football. So much further on than at present. Where will teams like Aberdeen and Hibs be? Better at closing teams down and playing 'effective' football? It will no longer be enough. Just like when Scottish teams play anyone semi decent in Europe, that style of play will be shown up for what it is - an outdated relic from a bygone age.

Long may McInnes, But

duke_the_arab
10-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Late show from the Sheep again i reckon there a stick on for 2nd now.

smirky4
10-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Hibs and butcher...= punt ba' no fitba.

Brutal match

GraemePaynesSocks
10-01-2014, 08:39 PM

Long may McInnes, But

M_Mushroom
10-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Another 1-0 win bet they are bothered they dinna play silky futba.

dufcn40
10-01-2014, 08:41 PM
horrible flood

Trap_6
10-01-2014, 08:43 PM

Good. Let them stick with it and United will continue down the road they're on.

More than happy with that.

offshore_arab83
10-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Another 1-0 win bet they are bothered they dinna play silky futba. Of course they wont, end of the day its another 3 points for them. Being honest as good as it is watching us, even if we played sh1te and won I would be happy, IMO...

They'll win the league cup aswell, thats a cert...

shedka
10-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Must be some strike by Willo if it's better than his cracker in the 2-2 with Hearts at Tannadice post split 2011/12

M_Mushroom
10-01-2014, 08:50 PM

More than happy with that.[/quote]

I would rather we werent 11 points behind them tbh.

duke_the_arab
10-01-2014, 08:50 PM

Exactly it's a result business silky fitba is braw when you're winning games but we've not been recently and no playing silky fitba either. Will settle for a couple of boring 1-0 victories in our next two games. Get our confidence back then the silky fitba can return. :-)

The sheep can mix it a bit and are more than a decent side. :blue:

smirky4
10-01-2014, 08:55 PM

Exactly it's a result business silky fitba is braw when you're winning games but we've not been recently and no playing silky fitba either. Will settle for a couple of boring 1-0 victories in our next two games. Get our confidence back then the silky fitba can return. :-)

The sheep can mix it a bit and are more than a decent side. :blue:[/quote]

Flood made the difference tonight, goal aside, he just makes it happen...

But they are ***cing brutal at the back

Trap_6
10-01-2014, 08:58 PM

More than happy with that.[/quote]

I would rather we werent 11 points behind them tbh.[/quote]

You and me both. Long way to go though.

Check the match thread on their board. We played pish...dreadful performance again...but a win's a win.

Of course they're going to be happy with that. Let them. It's short termism.

tHeArAb
10-01-2014, 08:58 PM

But they are ***cing brutal at the back[/quote]

Canny be that brutal, they've conceded 4 less than us.

shedka
10-01-2014, 09:00 PM

At the back is their strength, Reynolds pace and experience like Anderson, attacking certainly isn't their strong point, especially at home when they have to break down teams

dufcn40
10-01-2014, 09:00 PM
We need a big win on sunday now.. gutted with that win for them

tenragthearab
10-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Some goal from flood.
ref shocker again 2 pens 2 sending offs
nothing given.

GraemePaynesSocks
10-01-2014, 09:13 PM

At the back is their strength, Reynolds pace and experience like Anderson, attacking certainly isn't their strong point, especially at home when they have to break down teams[/quote]

Reynolds is an excellent player. I was very impressed with him when the

shedka
10-01-2014, 09:14 PM
We need a big win on sunday now.. gutted with that win for them

Are you really gutted though? home win, draw or away win, none were a great or bad result for us

After seeing Hibs the other day i expected a narrow home win tonight, the annoying thing is if we had turned up against them from the start we'd have beat them comfortably

As for our game with ICT i reckon it'll be a draw

GUNBOAT
11-01-2014, 04:42 AM
Listened to most of the match on the radio at work and the commentator was struggling to make it sound exciting,both teams should have had a penalty and Clangers should have been sent off apparently.

I will say one thing about McInnes,after the defeat at Celtic Park with the 2 very late goals he said they had to learn to play right to the end of the game and they have certainly done that recently with lots of late goals to win their matches.

cheekylob
11-01-2014, 07:46 AM
United look very good going forward and do play 'the right way'. However, I think it's a bit unfair to say Aberdeen play a long ball game. We probably have the best passer of the ball in the league with Ryan Jack and he is complimented by Flood, Robson, Hayes and Pawlett. Decent midfield for Scottish fitba. Our strengths are in defence and midfield, whilst yours is definitely attack. If anything we are not direct enough.
Hibs are garbage and ruined the game last night. If you can hold on to your players United will be a force next season. Don't think Robertson will be there for long though: best full back in the league IMO.

SmedDUm
11-01-2014, 08:17 AM
The LUCK of the devil!
What was it, less thaqn 2 minutes gone & Clangers clanged.
Now, and this may seem paranoiac but ain't, had that been us (it wouldn't tho cos we would have defended it better) we would have been a golaie sent off & 0-1 at home in the 2nd min.
Did you see Clangers when he got up from the inciident, waving the yellow card for Heifer diving cos he knew he'd phukd up, he felt as guilty as phuk. It was a stonewall penalty!!!

So Aberdeen win 1-0 with an 87th min goal. OK there was the inevitable ball-to-hand-hand-to-ball crap at the other end but Aberdeen would have been playing with 10 men for 88 mins.

Now I'm a great believer in the Bounce of the Ball, aka Lady Luck, & at the end of the season you'll have had your fair share of good & bad luck. But as of 11-Jan-14 we must have about 90% luck coming our way.

P.S. Great post # 9 by Trap Six btw. Like.

EastStand_Elite
11-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Nana nana nana nana na na na WILLO WILLO FLOOD!
Matalan Catalan!!! COYR. XD

Here's a song from me to you, stay safe. - view external link (http://youtu.be/pIgZ7gMze7A)

Tannadice_Morphman
11-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I've often said to leave football finances to the board room but I hae ti question where Aberdeen have found the money for this team. Most are very experienced players who were down south, or at least linked with moves, flood apparently left us for around 1k more pw (rumoured), Robson would still command afew grand, mcginns new deal won't have been cheap, the list goes on.

Hope the board up there aren't trying to buy a way into Europe to try pay off debt and fund this team, risky business, particularly if your a Scottish club. Seem to remember the Aberdeen board coming out a few months ago to say it was all fine and the debt payment was sorted but in saying that apparently everything was fine with Rangers up until the day they went in to administration if you believed their board.

Any hoo ah that matters is there above us, plenty fitba left to be played though. A wee bit of form and the table will always change quickly in the premiership this year.

Trap_6
11-01-2014, 10:34 AM
[quote="Tannadice_Morphman"]I've often said to leave football finances to the board room but I hae ti question where Aberdeen have found the money for this team. Most are very experienced players who were down south, or at least linked with moves, flood apparently left us for around 1k more pw (rumoured), Robson would still command afew grand, mcginns new deal won't have been cheap, the list goes on.

Hope the board up there aren't trying to buy a way into Europe to try pay off debt and fund this team, risky business, particularly if your a Scottish club. Seem to remember the Aberdeen board coming out a few months ago to say it was all fine and the debt payment was sorted but in saying that apparently everything was fine with Rangers up until the day they went in to administration if you believed their board.

Any hoo ah that matters is there above us, plenty fitba left to be played though. A wee bit of form and the table will always change quickly in the

EastStand_Elite
11-01-2014, 10:42 AM
So this is your latest excuse for Aberdeen's fine form.

Were you saying the same when Eddie Thompson kindly splashed the family to win the Scottish Cup against a first division side-? No, didn't think so chum.

Just accept that Aberdeen's wages to turnover ratio is circa 60% as per the recommends iron and we can all move on from your misguided rationale min ;D

We are a bigger club, so naturally it's all proportional.

Aye.

What in phucks are you gibbering about? :? What money did Thompson "splash" to win the Scottish cup? What a daft jealous knob you are.

Tannadice_Morphman
11-01-2014, 10:46 AM
So this is your latest excuse for Aberdeen's fine form.

Were you saying the same when Eddie Thompson kindly splashed the family to win the Scottish Cup against a first division side-? No, didn't think so chum.

Just accept that Aberdeen's wages to turnover ratio is circa 60% as per the recommends iron and we can all move on from your misguided rationale min ;D

We are a bigger club, so naturally it's all proportional.

Aye.

I'm sure if you knew better you could've given a better reply than that gibbering mess of an answer XD
Back ti yir playstation wee man, let the adults dae the fitba talk.

Joey_45
11-01-2014, 10:58 AM
[quote="Tannadice_Morphman"]I've often said to leave football finances to the board room but I hae ti question where Aberdeen have found the money for this team. Most are very experienced players who were down south, or at least linked with moves, flood apparently left us for around 1k more pw (rumoured), Robson would still command afew grand, mcginns new deal won't have been cheap, the list goes on.

Any hoo ah that matters is there above us, plenty fitba left to be played though. A wee bit of form and the table will always change quickly in the

offshore_arab83
11-01-2014, 10:59 AM
United look very good going forward and do play 'the right way'. However, I think it's a bit unfair to say Aberdeen play a long ball game. We probably have the best passer of the ball in the league with Ryan Jack and he is complimented by Flood, Robson, Hayes and Pawlett. Decent midfield for Scottish fitba. Our strengths are in defence and midfield, whilst yours is definitely attack. If anything we are not direct enough.
Hibs are garbage and ruined the game last night. If you can hold on to your players United will be a force next season. Don't think Robertson will be there for long though: best full back in the league IMO.We're obviously just going on what we've seen of Aberdeen so far this season, once in Sh1ttodrie and once down here. I've unfortunately watched you boys against Partick in cup, holy f uck thon was bad :/

End of the day though you lads are grinding oot results. Fair play.

We should be able to hold on to most

Tannadice_Morphman
11-01-2014, 11:26 AM
[quote="Joey_45"]I've often said to leave football finances to the board room but I hae ti question where Aberdeen have found the money for this team. Most are very experienced players who were down south, or at least linked with moves, flood apparently left us for around 1k more pw (rumoured), Robson would still command afew grand, mcginns new deal won't have been cheap, the list goes on.

Any hoo ah that matters is there above us, plenty fitba left to be played though. A wee bit of form and