PDA

View Full Version : Alan Tate Debut

Bennachie
10-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Not sore pressed tonight but what he did, he did well. Looks solid and composed..
What we were expecting.

Gallus79
10-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Pleased with him, different from Hec-solid old fashioned centre half. Comfortable on the ball-bit of a Russell without the Aberden legend aura.

erchieplum
10-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Agreed
knew what he was doing , kept it simple and some good short direct passes,once he understands the style of play and individual players
I think he will fit in even more

redday1903
10-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Comfortable and will soon learn he'll get less time on the ball before being pressed up here. Somebody needs to tell him not to pass the ball back to Clangers as well.

RedStarTorphins
10-01-2014, 09:53 PM
And you have to remember, he's not played for ages.

Don't think I'd play him alongside Russell though, as they'd be slower than a week in Craiginches.

ArildsHair
10-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Solid. Good old centre half.

Great addition to the squad.

thestooge
10-01-2014, 10:06 PM
First observation, he's a ****ing weird shape.

Hard to make a judgement on 90 minutes. Clean sheet so, so far, so good.

Lots of solid headers and great early interceptions snuffed out much of their pressure.

I think we missed Hector though. Hector started lots of our moves from the back. His passing ability gave us a real edge. I don't think Tate will be able to offer that so we'll need more creativity from the centre of midfield.

scottorae
10-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Gave the ball away in dangerous positions 3 times with simple passes. Thomson was desperate to book him so surprised he managed to avoid that.

Looks ok, no more than that at this stage.

SMsW
10-01-2014, 11:36 PM

We mentioned this. All body & nae legs.

67SUPERDON
10-01-2014, 11:45 PM
First game. Brought in what? TUESDAY? Thought that he done pretty well and have no doubt he'll improve further. Welcome & well done Tatey.

ArildsHair
11-01-2014, 12:14 AM
First game. Brought in what? TUESDAY? Thought that he done pretty well and have no doubt he'll improve further. Welcome & well done Tatey.

The big strangely shaped lad did well.

He's nae a Hector - but Michael's nae an Alan.

Deek continues to amaze...

steadtheredmin
11-01-2014, 12:41 AM
Not played a game for a while, a few silly mistakes but thankfully none that hurt, he will grow as confidence and game time expands

CaddyCarhandle
11-01-2014, 07:11 AM
He's a knock-kneed chicken
He's a bow-legged hen
He hasn't had a fight since i don't know when
He walks with a wiggle and he don't give a f*ck
He is a Swansea
Boot Boy.

Whyendup2
11-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Hard to make a judgement on 90 minutes. Clean sheet so, so far, so good.

Lots of solid headers and great early interceptions snuffed out much of their pressure.

I think we missed Hector though. Hector started lots of our moves from the back. His passing ability gave us a real edge. I don't think Tate will be able to offer that so we'll need more creativity from the centre of midfield.

Aye, Hector took about 3 or 4 strides with those giraffe legs and was at the half way line. Watched the game on RedTV and the loon did just fine for his first game.

riverplate83
11-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Good solid player,not as good as Hector but he was always above our level in my opinion.

ForestHills
11-01-2014, 09:46 AM
A good solid debut as other posters have said. He made a few silly passes in defence but considering he had hardly played and Hibs were closing our defence down he did well.

I have to admit I thought McInnes would have done something to counter Hibs tactics. Watcting the preview on BT Sport Hibs have got most of their chances since Butcher arrived by presuring defenders into mistakes. When they did that to us it caused us all kinds of problems. The answer was to leave 3 players up front and our defence to punt the ball over the top - for Hibs to close down our defence it takes most of their team forward and leaves huge gaps at the back. Someone is going to pummel Hibs when they deal with those caveman tactics they are using.

elderado9193
11-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Looked like a podgy Damian Duff.

Couple of stray passes but looked pretty solid.

aleale
11-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Liked the one in the second half when hibs player tried to meg him, Tate got the ball off him passed it then swagged his finger at hibs player.

RedBanter
11-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Given time he could be a great asset in the run in for the rest-of-season .
It was a steady debut and I get the feeling he will marshall the back line .
I noticed he called across to Johnny with advice in the second half.

Stav22
11-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Looked an assured player calm , though with a couple of dodgy moments but least see where he is in 3 weeks time

WestCoastDon
11-01-2014, 04:54 PM
In his post match interview he was asked the comparison between Scottish and English football. He said he was here to play football and not make a comparison however he did say that it was slower.

I think he was comparing the SPFL to the EPL.

If we do finish in a European place for next season (and that is still a big ask compared to last season), I would really like Aberdeen to take on one or two EPL teams in pre-season.

ReykjavikTenNil
11-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Comfortable and will soon learn he'll get less time on the ball before being pressed up here. Somebody needs to tell him not to pass the ball back to Clangers as well.

There will always be occasions our defenders have to pass back to Langers but what surprised me is that nobody told Alan that the pass has to be to his LEFT foot as there have been many occasions where he has kicked straight to the opposition with his right foot when under pressure. I find it strange that Langers' kicking hasn't improved with daily coaching by Leighton and Docherty. They must know it's the weakest part of Jamie's game and needs work. He's still a great keeper though and our best since Snelders.

TouchlineTantrum
11-01-2014, 05:19 PM
calm composed, strong build, seems quite re assured, great positioning, looks the part, as he made it look easy, so far so good in scrappy game. Experience is ***** just now. Good asset for winning mentality.

ObanRed
11-01-2014, 05:20 PM

There will always be occasions our defenders have to pass back to Langers but what surprised me is that nobody told Alan that the pass has to be to his LEFT foot as there have been many occasions where he has kicked straight to the opposition with his right foot when under pressure. I find it strange that Langers' kicking hasn't improved with daily coaching by Leighton and Docherty. They must know it's the weakest part of Jamie's game and needs work. He's still a great keeper though and our best since Snelders.[/quote]

Erm are you forgetting about Peter Kjaer? He was class, could do with a keeper like him now. Clangers is OK and has certainly improved IMO this season, but is still not a patch on Leighton,Snelde

WestCoastDon
11-01-2014, 05:22 PM
calm composed, strong build, seems quite re assured, great positioning, looks the part, as he made it look easy, so far so good in scrappy game. Experience is ***** just now. Good asset for winning mentality.

he reads the game really well that makes up for him not being the quickest.

05car
11-01-2014, 05:27 PM
for me, it was a solid composed debut however, he needs to be given a heads up on the game he plays now.

1) don't fizz it back to clangers, he cannae deal with it

2) refs are against us so be careful with your tackling

needs to round into game shape...but he'll be a good addition to the squad

AddisonDeWitt
11-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Was also keen to get into Hibs box for set pieces and looked like he meant it. He was obviously making the Hibs defenders nervous as he was getting a lot of holding and pushing from them.

Big_Ecks_Right_Peg
11-01-2014, 06:09 PM
For me it was unspectacular, pretty solid but showed promise but nothing more.

You can't judge how good a player he is on last night's game but give him 3 or 4 and see how he is.

TheRealSLYFOX
11-01-2014, 06:09 PM
He played one long pass down the wing in the first half that was sublime!
His positioning and anticipation was first class. Looks like a quality addition.

phoenixx
11-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Liked him and think he will settle in nicely. Will get better with every game.

A Virgo !

Beachender
11-01-2014, 07:24 PM
He's a knock-kneed chicken
He's a bow-legged hen
He hasn't had a fight since i don't know when
He walks with a wiggle and he don't give a f*ck
He is a Swansea
Boot Boy.

This may be your finest ever post.

I actually guffawed.

GOL ?