PDA

View Full Version : Strongest back 4

WestCoastDon
11-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Had this conversation last night and could not come to an agreement. When all our defenders are fit and assuming we get Hector back, what would be our strongest back 4.

We agreed, Reynolds is best in the centre back 2. However, he has played more often at LB.

Depending on how Tate plays at LB, we came up with three potential strongest back 4's:

Hector, Anderson, Reynolds, Tate

or

Hector, Considine, Reynolds, Tate

or

Hector, Anderson, Considine, Reynolds

One thing that was interesting was that only Hector was the shoe in for the starting back 4.

thestooge
11-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Awa, Reynolds is the first in the back 4, albeit with debate whether he's at CB or LB.

We've still got no proper fullbacks. I'd be delighted if we solved that soon.

I hope we get Hector on a long term deal.

Tate seems to have a lot of experience at RB. I'd be interested to see him there, big Joe hasn't been too hot for a while now, understandable given he's a young loon out of position.

jackdon
11-01-2014, 06:15 PM
For me Hector,Reynolds & ,Considine would start every week . Who the 4th would be would depend on Andersons fitness , Tate's form (early days).

Should we have natural full backs ? ie. Murray.

redross
11-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Right back : Hector
Centre Back : Hector
Centre Back : Hector
Left Back : Hector

Goalkeeper : Hector

Sub : Hector

WestCoastDon
11-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Awa, Reynolds is the first in the back 4, albeit with debate whether he's at CB or LB.

sorry bad english on my part. I meant Hector is only one in the same position.

PortyRed93
11-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Assuming Hector returns and everyone was fit, I'd go with:

Hector Anderson Considine Reynolds

I think most of us would prefer Reynolds in the centre but with no decent full backs he's the best option at left back. Robertson is still greener than the gaps in the Parkhead support and Hayes is not a defender (not for lack of trying though, superb effort). Against the better teams he's going to be a weak point.

gogs1958
11-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Kennedy, Mcleish, Miller, McMaster

RedStarTorphins
11-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Tate Anderson Considine Reynolds

bird_is_the_word
12-01-2014, 11:58 PM

That is a strong, very experienced back 4. Happy with that assuming Hector doesn't come back. Keep clear of injuries & I can see a few more clean sheets heading our way.

Jormungand
13-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Fit's Joe's best position? I like the loon but he's obviously far fae the finished article.

Tubilay
13-01-2014, 01:19 AM
I don't think we've got an answer at RB, even if Hector comes back. He was far better at CB than at full-back. Certainly, there were some fine performances, but there were a few games (especially Hearts at home) where he had problems.

That said, he probably is still the best option. I think Considine is a fine enough left back, and Reynolds and Anderson are still the best pairing in defence. Shaughnessy hasn't had a great spell recently.

ArildsHair
13-01-2014, 05:03 AM
I don't think we've got an answer at RB, even if Hector comes back. He was far better at CB than at full-back. Certainly, there were some fine performances, but there were a few games (especially Hearts at home) where he had problems.

That said, he probably is still the best option. I think Considine is a fine enough left back, and Reynolds and Anderson are still the best pairing in defence. Shaughnessy hasn't had a great spell recently.

Wee Craig Murray isn't a credible option at FB - yet - but I have high hopes for the loon. He just needs game time - an ideal candidate for farming out and getting 20 or 30 games under his belt in a lower division.

As it stands, Ando, Reynolds and Consi look like our best 3, Tate looked solid, maybe he's the 4th. We have Joe, Ryan and Johnny as fill ins - in that order. Would be good to get Hector back...

Pacman1903
13-01-2014, 06:35 AM

I agree with the no option at right back but I also think left is a problem too. Reynolds is the best left back in my eyes but I don't want to see him there due to his pace being a covering asset at centre half. I'd rather see him there everygame because he strolls it week in week out

xtrmntr75
13-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Our best RB at the club is Jack, albeit he doesn't want to play there.

The other three are Anderson with either Considine at CH at Reynolds at LB or vice versa.

Chubbsy83
13-01-2014, 07:21 AM

Even if Hector did return that would be my back four.

DJR1979
13-01-2014, 07:41 AM
I know it's early days but do you think there is there any hope of Tate signing a permanent deal? With the back 4 being such an important position if he has no ideas of actually signing for us I'd rather see a young boy have an extra half season playing time under the wing of Anderson (who might not have many seasons left in him.) There is no doubt that Tate is an experienced defender but we might be better in the long run giving a young boy experience and using Tate for cover. Just a thought

Pauldolski10
13-01-2014, 08:47 AM

The other three are Anderson with either Considine at CH at Reynolds at LB or vice versa.

Aye but our best CM at the club is also Jack.

xtrmntr75
13-01-2014, 09:02 AM

Aye but our best CM at the club is also Jack.[/quote]

Fair point. I suppose there's an argument of 'horses for courses'. Of course, constantly changing position won't help his development. I'd just rather him at right back than a makeshift centre half.