PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Hughes

DUAS
12-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Got told signing on Monday apparently. However didn't want to sign last week as he wanted to play at Ibrox on Sat. If this is true he should have been told to GTF.

troodee1893
12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Got told signing on Monday apparently. However didn't want to sign last week as he wanted to play at Ibrox on Sat. If this is true he should have been told to GTF.

Agree !!

Deeranged
12-01-2014, 04:24 PM

I think you're being a bit harsh and I wouldn't grudge the guy his last farewell in a stadium that holds a lot of memories for him. If true of course.

cobracoyne
12-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Be great to have someone of his experience in the squad. Let's ignore the rumours and just give the guy a chance eh.

ivan_drago
12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Cobra

We have plenty experience, especially in centre mid. We need players who will improve the squad and I personally don't think Hughes is the man to do that

Smiffy1
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Be great to have someone of his experience in the squad. Let's ignore the rumours and just give the guy a chance eh.

I don't know how to respond to this, laugh or cry... Be an awful signing, gav kept him out at the ssb's! Another holding mid that is not as good as what we have.

LudoNo1
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Aberdeen fans thought he was a waste of space and would have much rather kept Gavin Rae on last season.

Why did it take Hughes until October to get a deal? Why was that deal at East Fife and not a First Division or even top league club?

Smiffy1
12-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Aberdeen fans thought he was a waste of space and would have much rather kept Gavin Rae on last season.

Why did it take Hughes until October to get a deal? Why was that deal at East Fife and not a First Division or even top league club?

Because he's finished ludo, maybe he kens the secret handshake...

deeatsea
12-01-2014, 05:08 PM
The obvious thing to do would be play mcbride and Jim in central midfield and get an attacking mind winger in. Both Jim and mcbride are mobile and can pass, just need pace and creativity on the wings

who will he replace in midfield? He is surely no better than the 2 mentioned? ???????

cobracoyne
12-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Cobra

We have plenty experience, especially in centre mid. We need players who will improve the squad and I personally don't think Hughes is the man to do that

Maybe you are right Ivan. He wouldn't be my first choice but if Hughes is the best player Bomber can find within his budget then we'll have to give the guy a chance. I'll be happy to see something change for the Hamilton game because our midfield were rancid on Saturday.

CC_33
12-01-2014, 05:25 PM
When i first heard Hughes bein mentioned i was ok but looking back i was only ok coss like Mair n Nade where being banded about...

Hughes is a bad signing... he`s another slow, past his best player,He`s another Rae or no different to a Mcbride.

Bomber is ruining this club with utter dross.
He`s ran out of lifes with me... Jan was his last chance to impress me... he`s what i feared in the summer - hopeless wi nae contacts in the game.

Archie can leave too for all i care.

attilio
12-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Cobra

Maybe you are right Ivan. He wouldn't be my first choice but if Hughes is the best player Bomber can find within his budget then we'll
have to give the guy a chance. I'll be happy to see something change for the Hamilton game because our midfield were rancid on Saturday.[/quote]

Exactly. How anyone can say he is no better than what we have is beyond me. The two being mentioned - McBride and Rae contributed next to nothing on Saturday as they have done for most of the season so far. Maybe we can play all three in midfield and they can pass the ball to each other whilst not giving the ball away. Bound to be good stats for that.

McSkimmeroo
12-01-2014, 05:54 PM
what utter drivel! He de doesn't even play for Rangers and hasn't for years. Say goodbye??? whit? Chances are if he's still a DFC player next season he'll have 2 visits to Ibrox to look forward to. If this guy is 'saying goodbye' at 30 why the heck are we signing him? A completely ludicrous reason for not signing for us last week, shows no ambition and clearly shows he's signing merely for a wage. Loser. F*** him.

wehatetangerine
12-01-2014, 05:59 PM
This thread is an absolute joke.

We have no proof that this is the case with Hughes and already he is being called everything under the sun.

Embarrassing

CC_33
12-01-2014, 06:01 PM

We have no proof that this is the case with Hughes and already he is being called everything under the sun.

Embarrassing

Im not even talking about this ibrox allegation but him signing for the Dee is a JOKE.

WE`RE NOT GOING UP

wehatetangerine
12-01-2014, 06:02 PM

Embarrassing

Im not even talking about this ibrox allegation but him signing for the Dee is a JOKE.

WE`RE NOT GOING UP[/quote]

I'm willing to give him a shot, he has to be better than what we have

Deeranged
12-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Embarrassing

WE`RE NOT GOING UP[/quote]

I'm willing to give him a shot, he has to be better than what we have[/quote]

WHT, some on here live to whinge and moan. And to be honest CC_33 seems to be a complete belter so best ignored.

Pre-menstrual mad.

CC_33
12-01-2014, 06:14 PM
No Deeranged

To steal Jose line "please dont call me arrogant"
I think you and others should start listening to what i have to say.

I said in the summer that this group wasnt good enough.
I said in the summer theres nothing in our side.
I said in the summer theres no balance in the side.
I said in the summer we wont go up with this current crop.
The only thing i never said in the summer is DONNA!

I worry how fans couldnt see this coming and if you think the Dee on the street is gonna be happy with another Gavin Rae/Colin Cameron type signing then think again.
If your not concerned that our manager is even looking at Nade then you are away with it.

To be even bleaker than Exit Music by Radiohead -i think if we scrape up it`ll end up being another embarrassment like it was the last time we where in the SPL.

PS. I love Radiohead and i like that song but it is bleak.

Deeranged
12-01-2014, 06:25 PM
No Deeranged

To steal Jose line "please dont call me arrogant"
I think you and others should start listening to what i have to say.

I said in the summer that this group wasnt good enough.
I said in the summer theres nothing in our side.
I said in the summer theres no balance in the side.
I said in the summer we wont go up with this current crop.
The only thing i never said in the summer is DONNA!

I worry how fans couldnt see this coming and if you think the Dee on the street is gonna be happy with another Gavin Rae/Colin Cameron type signing then think again.
If your not concerned that our manager is even looking at Nade then you are away with it.

To be even bleaker than Exit Music by Radiohead -i think if we scrape up it`ll end up being another embarrassment like it was the last time we where in the SPL.

PS. I love Radiohead and i like that song but it is bleak.

Never disagreed with what you were saying CC, just think you've got

FriedFifer
12-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I was very surprised when he ended up at Meethil.

It either means he was happy just to get the wage, or he's really that far past his peak.

Forget about any last-game rumour, the two possibilities above are enough to keep him at a distance.
A poor man's Gavin Rae imo and another ex-Ibrox tunnel-vision signing :blue: