PDA

View Full Version : first visit v crewe/millmoor

morecambewba
12-01-2014, 09:48 PM
first of all thanks to everyone who replied to my topic of car parking earlier in the week. your directions and advice were appreciated and it was easy to find and park.
I had a very enjoyable visit for various reasons.
It was a very good game to watch, especially the second half.Both teams played a passing game that was great to watch. Then of course there were the goals.
I am not a great fan of new grounds but i have to say your ground was different with its design. The views seem to be good from wherever you sit and fans are not far away from the pitch which provides a good atmosphere.
I was lucky to sit next to a man who had supported Rotherham since 1950s. He remembers going to watch Rotherham at West Brom in 1954 and spoke about alot of WBA players who my dad talked to me about. He also gave me some valuable info on the present Rotherham team and the season so far.
Just read the match programme and alot of good and varied articles. Well done to the people who put it together.
M

Corner
12-01-2014, 11:18 PM
Crewe have been quite a tricky team for us to beat over the years, so maybe your presence helped swing the result our way yesterday!

With that in mind, I hope you make it to Shrewsbury as we never seem to come away with the points from that place either!

Please let us know if you do go. If we win, we'll make you our new mascot. :)

Geetarman
12-01-2014, 11:19 PM
you were at Millmoor?

mikemiller
12-01-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't know if you are aware of it, but Alan Ashman (the manager who led WBA to FA Cup success) was from Rotherham, and had a lot of links to players in the local leagues in Rotherham

CAMiller
13-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Glad you had a great day, you are one up on me as I have yet to make it to NYS. My ex and her Mum were from Smethwick and WBA fans so I've always had an affinity for the Baggies. That was back in the Bryan Robson days though at a time when we never got to play each other so at least on the football front matrimonial harmony was maintained.

I don't think Millmoor is still in use for anything these days and was looking a little forlorn in the last pictures I saw.

Deepmidwinter
13-01-2014, 09:39 AM
At the moment Millmoor seems to be at the centre of a "major development project by CF Booth. This will involve the demoloition of the Millmoor Hotel and the Methodist chapel next door to it, but exactly what it will all entail and what will happen to the ground I've not heard. Maybe someone on here may be more in the know.

Barnsley_Miller
13-01-2014, 06:38 PM
[quote="Deepmidwinter"major development project by CF Booth. This will involve the demoloition of the Millmoor Hotel and the Methodist chapel next door to it, but exactly what it will all entail and what will happen to the ground I've not heard. Maybe someone on here may be more in the know.[/quote]

Car Park? :blue:

Deepmidwinter
13-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Car Park? :blue:

Surely even CF Booth would not describe a car park as a major project. Maybe a new scrap crusher?

jolly_roger
13-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Painting the gents loo was a major project in Uncle Ken's time in charge.

Back to the original post...glad you enjoyed your day, but your club needs to find and ban the idiot with the flares.

CAMiller
13-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Painting the gents loo was a major project in Uncle Ken's time in charge.

Back to the original post...glad you enjoyed your day, but your club needs to find and ban the idiot with the flares.

I took it that the OP was a WBA fan at NYS as a neutral so they must have pretty strong arms if they tossed flares all the way from Southampton XD