PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield to sign another striker

mkmel
13-01-2014, 11:06 AM
They've already got Vaughan,Paterson,Stead and Wells and now they look set to sign Kidderminster's Joe Lolley so maybe they will be cashing in on Vaughan?

SethHowarthsHair
13-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Stead very rarely plays, he is absolutely terrible. Think they are planning for Vaughans possible departure this summer, plus hes still not fit to play yet.

royboyclaret
13-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Impressed with the way Mark Robins is developing this Huddersfield side. They were good at TM recently, as good as any side to visit us this season, and the last ten minutes put us under real pressure.

They've landed an ace with Wells to add to some classy midfielders but the one that impressed me most was the left-back Paul Dixon. He was superb in an attacking role and his crosses reminded me of Ian Brennan at his best.

Can see Huddersfield being a threat to most teams in the remaining weeks of the season.

NottsClaret
13-01-2014, 11:24 AM
I thought they were a bit below par at the Turf but the first 45 mins at their place we were outplayed as badly as we have been under Dyche.

Rileybobs
13-01-2014, 11:31 AM
They're a decent side, no doubt about it. The first half at their place was as outplayed as we've been since Dyche arrived. Having said that I thought we dominated the second half of that particular game. I was glad to see Vaughan missing from the team sheet when they came to the Turf.

SethHowarthsHair
13-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Like ourselves they have a decent passing midfield, but they can be very suspect at the back. They lost their captain to a major knee injury, and it has taken them a while to settle. Not one of my favourite clubs if I'm honest, I work with a lot of Town fans and have been to watch them about 5 times this season and its been painful compared to watching Burnley :D

claretinthesouth
13-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Is it not more likely they are stacking the eck to ship Pato out?

Didn't he swing for one of his team mates earlier in the season which was met with a fairly low opinion, and rightly so, by the manager.

SethHowarthsHair
13-01-2014, 12:45 PM
''Didn't he swing for one of his team mates earlier in the season which was met with a fairly low opinion, and rightly so, by the manager.''

After being left out of the side along with Adam Clayton, I think that has all been put to bed as Clayton has been one of their best players since coming back into the squad in their win at sheffield wednesday and Paterson has scored 5 goals in his last 5 games I think.

spunkybackpack21
13-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Robins said to Clayton Huddersfield's season would continue With Or Without You. Thankfully, he's shown good Desire since. Only needed One chance.

(I'm sorry)

mkmel
20-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Huddersfield have just signed yet another striker in Harry Bunn from Man City until the end of the season.

I didn't know that Neil Warnock was their manager. ;D

ClaretTony2014
20-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Harry Bunn signed for Huddersfield in the week before we played there on loan and they've now made it permanent.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-01-2014, 09:26 PM
From where are they getting their dosh?

M14VAY
21-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Looks to me like when these fifa fair play rules apply a few teams maybe up the creek without a paddle or maybe not...

The saying of "good guys usually finish last" certainly applies when in the football world...

garfunkal
21-01-2014, 04:19 PM
From where are they getting their dosh?

They get their money from the chairman who puts his own money into the club without expecting a return, maybe our joint chairmen should take note , still they did get the beer in on the pre season tour to pacify the gullible