PDA

View Full Version : Goals you will remember seeing live

rosemount83
14-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Haven't posted in ages and thought I would take things away from the Goodknob and Boyd talk. Everyone remembers certain goals they have seen, what goals will you lot remember?

Mine are:
Seve vs the huns last day of the season - just a great skelp of the ba, great hit.

Josh Walker vs Bayern - great poke home fae the boy, great finish to some decent passing.

Eoin Jess vs Dundee Utd in my first game at Pittodrie, around 92/93 in the Scottish Cup on a Sunday. Slid in to put it past Allan Main, wasn't a great goal but probably my first bounce. I remember it more because I was buzzing after going to my first game, then at school on the Monday I got the p!!s taken from me because all these boys were watching it at home. Bit of an odd reason to take the p!!s, wouldn't be the same story these 20 odd years later.

Also, would Floods goal rank in this list in years to come, another great skelp of the ba.

Tubilay
14-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Oddly, it's not the really great goals that I remember.

As an example, the ones that immediately jump out are Lee Miller's goal against Hibs that came off his backside, and Zerouali's tap in against the very same opposition. Also, Darren Mackie's chasing down of Rab Douglas.

I've been a season ticket holder at Pittodrie for 15 years now, and a regular for a good deal longer. There's been some great goals in that time, but it's the weird ones which also happened to be important that stand out.

NewOrleansRed
14-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Duncan Shearer. 92 or 93 league cup final i think. Cannae mind. Was perfectly positioned to see him wheel round and whack it past the flying pig. What a bounce at Hampden.

Alex Rae for Scotland U21'a against Germany at Pittodrie. The winner after being 3-1 down. Cracker.

Lee Richardson v Torino. BANG.

05car
14-01-2014, 10:01 PM
tommy mcqueen's peno right in the top corner v the huns in the mid 80's when we stuck 5 past the minks when frankie went nap...

for some reason it sticks in my mind

deedon
14-01-2014, 10:09 PM
My Top 5

Hewitt v Bayern Munich. Nuff said.

Gordon McQueen v England Wembley 1977.

Van der Ark v Dundee, sometime in the 80s...

Kenny Dalglish v England through Clemence's legs 1976.

Willo Flood v Pikeys January 19, 2014 :p

grubber83
14-01-2014, 10:10 PM
This!!!!! What a bounce! - view external link (http://youtu.be/gFEFq7zKxQc)

Moraygub
14-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Ah ken he is a wee bawbag noo but Billy Dodds to put us 2-1 up Tynecastle in 1995 was in the main stand with my brother and was getting dogs abuse when they equalised...Dodds goal sparked wild celebrations and on the way oot wee found out Utd had lost 1-0 to Hibs...the rest as they say is history

gervaise_brookhampst
14-01-2014, 10:16 PM

This is the one that instantly came to my mind!

torry_battery_ram
14-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Talking of Jamie Smith his opener v Copenhagen will live long in the memory. Also Mark Perry's opener in the crazy 3-2 win over how many pens can you get and still lose Celtic in 1998 and Kari Arnason's winner at Tannadump a few years ago as I was right beside the United fans that day and their faces were priceless when it flew in.

bobbys_tash
14-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Craig Robertson volley from just inside 18 yard against Rapid Vienna Uefa Cup 1989. Pin point Jazzer cross.

actonsheep

This is the one that instantly came to my mind![/quote]

Peach.

Shearer against Utd 95. Great hit, and pretty important too!

Two Van Der Ark goals for some reason. 35 yarders both, against Hearts reserves seen fro the Mainer, then Dundee in a 5-2 win at New Year seen from directly opposite in the SS.

Oh, and my all time favourite goal of course. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFhbeK_vu2M)

jmophoto
Seconding Seve's, think that was the first Rangers game I was at.

Zander's 2nd against Celtic when we beat them 4-2

Jamie Smith against Copenhagen. Not gonna forget that in a hurry

Tenerifered
14-01-2014, 10:27 PM
That amazing free kick against bayern

God scoring and winning the league on our home patch

Tenerifered
14-01-2014, 10:30 PM
Blacks hatrick at parkhead and frankies 4

rosemount83
14-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Smith v Copenhagen was immense, can still remember aying at half time "we can get a draw here".
Zanders header v Lokomotiv, mainly because I had a fiver on at 33s for him 1st goal.
McGinns solo vs Dundee, showed a talented player.
Zola vs Dundee Utd, the bounce and the fact it was the bigman.

don_in
14-01-2014, 10:50 PM
McLeish v Bayern from that free kick.
Tattie Cooper's cup final goal against the huns, never seen a shot that close in smashed that hard before or after.
Stevie Glass against the huns in his second last game at todders in 98 to blow their league campaign. All that talk of Ricky Gillies the last few days and yes, he was ****e for us but I'm sure it was him who put in the cross for that een.
Andy Dow's doal in the 99-2000 season against TSMSTID, if only because it was our first goal of the season.

boaby81
14-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Rico Torino, Alex Rae, etc.

Jess vs Morherwell, vs Hearts, etc.

Seve vs Hibs and Huns.

Jamie Smith vs Huns.

sancho_panza
14-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Zerouali scoring a free kick from an impossible position against St Mirren to save us when we were getting beat 1-0 in the cup.

DandyDownUnder
15-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Zero's hat trick against the most successful team in Pikey Land...that day oot was ace

Dandy4life
15-01-2014, 01:12 AM
Ian Porteous vs huns mid 80's.

Belter of a goal.

Canna get nae videos of some goal though.

DandyDownUnder
15-01-2014, 01:48 AM
For those that have mentioned Jamie Smith's goal v Deid Club... He has just hung up the boots - view external link (http://www.coloradorapids.com/news/2014/01/jamie-smith-announces-retirement-joins-colorado-rapids-academy-coaching-staff)

pieandbovrilman
15-01-2014, 02:05 AM
I'll always remember Jamie Smiths wonder goal against Copenhagen . Very poignant for me, my grandad died the morning of that game and I wisna sure if I was up to going to the game, amazing feeling when I saw the ball soaring through the air , over the keeper and into the net. Always like to think my old Granda maybe had a hand in that goal, he was a lifelong Dons fan and he also liked Jamie Smith as a player.

thebeachend
15-01-2014, 02:37 AM

Belter of a goal.

I'm sure Porteous hit a screamer 2 weeks running. The one you mention was Wallaces first game back in charge of the Hun I think. Best goal I've seen live was Dalglish against Spain at Hampden, what a peach, used his big erse as usual to roll the defender and smashed a rocket into the top of the net.

Pacman1903
15-01-2014, 06:31 AM
Ah ken he is a wee bawbag noo but Billy Dodds to put us 2-1 up Tynecastle in 1995 was in the main stand with my brother and was getting dogs abuse when they equalised...Dodds goal sparked wild celebrations and on the way oot wee found out Utd had lost 1-0 to Hibs...the rest as they say is history

This is mine aswell. What a bounce, what a reaction after PJMs result annonced, what an atmosphere in the street coming out of tinkcastle. Great day out. We just knew we would stay up after that

Banffer_Don
15-01-2014, 07:00 AM
One or two that I won't be forgetting in a hurry..

Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but Rory Fallon's peach of a strike against Hibs in the Scottish Cup Semi-Final a couple of seasons back. What a hit.

Also, Mackie's goal against Kilmarnock where Combe chucked the ball straight off the back of Mackie's head and it went into the net. That one was gold.

Other notable inclusions:

Josh Walker vs Bayern Munich
Both of Jamie Smith's vs Copenhagen
Severin vs Hibs
Mackie vs Celtic in 2001

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Craig Stewart (all 16st of him) curling the ba' into the top corner at Victoria Park for Buckie Thistle against Hamilton in the Scottish Cup.

Pitch invasions 'n a'thing!

Duncan Shearer's overhead kick vs TSMSTID. :heart:

Also, Mark Perry anyone?

I seem to remember good opposition goals more than our own though:

Lovenkrands & Jelavic both score cracking overhead kicks against us for the Zombies.

I remember Darren Jackson scored a beauty of a long range winner for the LSC as well.

capitalred
15-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Willie Millers against Wales, i was in the enclosure on a midweek night, one twos all the way from our box and scores (thats how i mind it anyway )The shoot mag actually featured it with diagramas and pictures a wee while later

for some reason Coopers amazing volley from 1/2 a yard oot into an unprotected goal against the dead club and the forward roll always makes me smile

all three at ibroke when they were down to 9 and we destroyed them inside and outside

rory fallon at hampden the other year, some goal

not a goal but a shot i remember like yesterday (nearly) neil Simpson from about 20/25 yds out on the right side towards the paddock, never seen one hit so hard, Mccloy kinda of fell over and saved it/hit him, humped them anyway but that shot should have taken oot half a dozen or so kids behind the nets.

scobiemacd
15-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Craig Stewart (all 16st of him) curling the ba' into the top corner at Victoria Park for Buckie Thistle against Hamilton in the Scottish Cup.

Pitch invasions 'n a'thing!

Duncan Shearer's overhead kick vs TSMSTID. :heart:

Also, Mark Perry anyone?

I seem to remember good opposition goals more than our own though:

Lovenkrands & Jelavic both score cracking overhead kicks against us for the Zombies.

I remember Darren Jackson scored a beauty of a long range winner for the LSC as well.

Good point re opposition goals. The one that sticks out for me was Stevie Kirk for Motherwell at Pittodrie( sure it put us out the cup) .

Jess against the Old Rangers at Legoland is my favourite . Total perfection.its like he had planned what he was going to do as soon as Billy Thompson kicked it out.

Pauldolski10
15-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Mackie at the Tattiedome 1-0 in scdottish cup

Smith v huns 3-2 game

Lovell in the Allianz (only away goal in europe av seen live)

Seve v Hibs last minute round about november 06

Rico v Huns scottish cup final, horrible day

CalumGilhooly
15-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Bett v St Mirren Love St '91
Weir v Celtic Hampden '83
Jess v Huns Ibrox '95
Shearer v Huns Pittodrie '93
Richardson v Torino Pittodrie '93
Hewitt v Bayern Pittodrie '83
Weir v Ipswich Pittodrie '81 (both of 'em)
Graham v Killie Pittodrie '77 (first time I saw Bumper score :heart: )
Bett v Huns Ibrox '90
Seve's & Lovell's v Huns Pittodrie '07.

Memories min.:heart:

1903_Redz
15-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Hans overhead kick, debut goal against Pars.
His next goal against rangers. RIP.
Charlies goal against his first love that came from Mimms via Hans.
Charlies header against rangers. RIP. Which ensured there was bedlam in the South Stand in 1988.

That Stevie Kirk goal in the Scottish Cup... I think about that goal every single time we play M/well at Pittodrie. That left me scarred i think. :(

Sooth_Stand
15-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Zidane vs Leverkusen in the Champions League final. Nae a bad hit :D

Amoruso vs us was a fair strike...the een efter the game had a wee pause due to some HUNS misbehaving/riot police etc

OleOle
15-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Big Eck's equaliser against the huns in the 1982 final.

Neale Cooper's almighty blast into an empty goal to make it 4-1 in the same match, followed by his wild celebration right in front of the filth.

rosemount83
15-01-2014, 10:15 AM
For this season:

Hector v Partick
McGinns 2nd v Partick
Flood v Hibs

Have all been beauties. First season as a season ticket holder - mainly due to working most Saturdays up until 2 seasons ago, even then was a struggle getting the days off - had my monies worth with these belters.

Goals against us? That left backs strike for East Fife in that game, sure Gonzales could have done better but that was a fair dig.

ianporteous
15-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Andy Dow's winner against Hibs in the 2000 Scottish Cup Semi springs to mind.

Great finish to a good move and an amazing bounce.

RicoS321
15-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Most of the above (especially Torino, was right behind it), followed by:

Hugh Robertson vs Falkirk
Hugh Robertson vs Hearts

Think I got the teams right. Just remember them for both being exactly the same (consecutive home games, or am I speaking shiite?).

mrthejoker
15-01-2014, 11:36 AM
The King v Man U in 1972. Volley from 25 yards and probably my first Pittodrie memory.

Dalglish through Clemences legs. First Hampden trip.

Johnny v Bayern.

Mason v huns '89 cup final = biggest bounce ever for me.

elginred
15-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Steve Ritchie '78 SC final :O

Dougie Davidson, City v Buckie late seventies Scottish Cup.Late winner,cue one boy pitch invasion

Arnason winner at Tannadice.Was standing at the exit ready to get away...Boom

sheepongullanehil
15-01-2014, 03:32 PM
The Gilhaus debut double at East End Park very memorable, 16th birthday present watch flew off my wrist when his header went in - never seen again!

Brian Grant low pile driver at ibrox - Edinburgh branch were right behind it.

Andy Watson late double at Easter Rd in the Scottish Cup my Dad as always wanted to beat the traffic but just caught them both at the top of the stairs of the family stand. Just about the first goals I can remember.

CalumGilhooly
15-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Hugh Robertson vs Falkirk
Hugh Robertson vs Hearts

Think I got the teams right. Just remember them for both being exactly the same (consecutive home games, or am I speaking shiite?).

Pretty much spot on Rico.

He scored on the opening league game of the season vs Hearts, and scored again the following Saturday against Falkirk to be promptly never seen again while we faffed around at the bottom of the league for the rest of the year.

Both cracking goals too if I mind right.

Stooka1903
15-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Jamie Smiths goal vs Rangers 2005 and his first against cophenhagen 2007,

But weirdly Barry Nicholson winner against Arabs in 2006 down 2-0 at half time WHAT A BOUNCE (and I was in the fair play ana)

PitchMick2013
15-01-2014, 03:48 PM

'Souness' was in my School team :)

Moraygub
15-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Also wee Jocky Scott's hat trick in LC semi v Huns in 75 my first taste of how good beating the Huns was.

Moraygub
15-01-2014, 03:54 PM
)

Jamie Smith capable of brilliance one day and absolute mince the next...strange player !

BigPete
15-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Best five - all Aberdeen (no-one scores good goals against us!)
1. Willie Miller late equaliser against the late Hun, Pittodrie, Scottish Cup early '74 or '75 - great volley from about 20 yards into top corner, took us into replay at Ipox which we won on the Wednesday.
2. Willie Miller against Hibs at Pittodrie in early '78. Won ball in centre circle and then played three 1-2's and slotted it into the bottom corner at the beach end.
3. Hans Gillhaus against the late Hun in his second game.
4. Mark McGhee scoring the second against the late Hun in the '82 Cup Final. Not spectacular but great technique to head a ball coming from behind him down and just inside the base of the post.
5. Niall McGinn scoring the winner in the 2014 Scottish League Cup Final.

sheepcrooky
15-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Davie Robb 1976 LC Final winner v Timothy.
Zerouali running the length of the pitch al la Benny Hill 17th Nov 1997 (?) v Hibs.
Hewitt winner ECWC v Bayern.
Neale Cooper "blasting" the ball in to an empty net 1984(?) SC Final v DeadCo.
Armason last minute screamer v Pikeys.

Every goal is still special though :heart: AFC

SMsW
15-01-2014, 06:02 PM

1982. ;)

DDelephantman
15-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Mackie vs Dnipro.

Regi Blinker og. Infact all the goals from that game and Leightons pen save.

Stav22
15-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Stavrum's winner against Utd in the cup at dens park.

Jamie smiths goals against Copenhagen.

Paul mason v the old Huns skol cup

bucky1973
15-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Eric Black header at Ibrox in a 1-0 win late 1982 You could hear the ball hit the net he headed it that hard

sheepcrooky
15-01-2014, 06:31 PM

1982. ;)[/quote]

Only a couple of years out, mind you that was a pretty important couple of years.

krakowdon
15-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Loads of the above, but have to add Simmie against Waterschei.

European Semi? Bring it on. Nae bother. Next!

dons8321
15-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Eric Black header at Ibrox in a 1-0 win late 1982 You could hear the ball hit the net he headed it that hard

McLeish's curler in the final in '82;
Black's header in the final '83;
Harper's pen and McKay's first in '70
Jarvie and Robb in '76;
Jimmy Smith's late equaliser against Hibs in '67

rosemount83
15-01-2014, 06:52 PM
This was a fine dig from last year. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R46QtT-GJH4)

theram1975
15-01-2014, 06:54 PM

1982. ;)[/quote]

Only a couple of years out, mind you that was a pretty important couple of years.[/quote]

An easy mistake to make considering we were going through more silver polish than a jewellery shop in those days.

Changed days.

Stooka1903
15-01-2014, 07:18 PM
)

Jamie Smith capable of brilliance one day and absolute mince the next...strange player ![/quote]

Aye I know mate, was a strange player.
Never showed up against celtic either but scored some goals I will NEVER forget and for that I thank him

TheAark
15-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Two from the mid-nineties folks:

Lee Richardson Vs. Torino at the Pitt. Cracked it in off the bar, Drew Jarvie running out of the dugoot and sliding on his knees on the pitch. Still THE best goal at the Pitt I've seen in my opinion.

Other was Duncan Shearer Vs. The filth formerly knows as Rangers. Eoin Jess tore them apart, shot from about 20 yards, thon big Maxwell (Im pretty sure it was him) in goals spilled and deadly Dunc blasted it in off the bar from about 3 yards. We won 2-0 and Stephen Pressley scored an own goal that day...after Jess had again tore them to bits and fired in a cross.

SMsW
15-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Lee Richardson Vs. Torino at the Pitt. Cracked it in off the bar, Drew Jarvie running out of the dugoot and sliding on his knees on the pitch. Still THE best goal at the Pitt I've seen in my opinion.

About 1.30 in >>>>>>>>>>>> - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCquwTiffY)

rbisconti
15-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Watson, oh the bar, Scanlon - May 1980 Easter Road

simarooskimoose
15-01-2014, 09:10 PM
For some reason the one that sticks out for me is Lee Miller scoring for two hundred yards out against the Jute at Pittodrie. It bounced four times before going past thon Polish chunt in the goal who had just manhandled an injured Aluko off the pitch. I lost my sh!t big style.

Jamie Smith against Copenhagen will always live on in the memory for me, almost entirely because literally thirty seconds earlier my dad had turned to me and said "he's been sh!te iday, get him aff."

The bounce and standy-singy bit after Flood's goal at the weekend will likely live on for a while in'a like. Imagine the South Stand was like that all the time...

soretitoot
15-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Andrea Silenzi - what a beak. The doppelganger of Geddy Lee for the Candaian rock afficionados amongst you.

Two from the mid-nineties folks:

Other was Duncan Shearer Vs. The filth formerly knows as Rangers. Eoin Jess tore them apart, shot from about 20 yards, thon big Maxwell (Im pretty sure it was him) in goals spilled and deadly Dunc blasted it in off the bar from about 3 yards. We won 2-0 and Stephen Pressley scored an own goal that day...after Jess had again tore them to bits and fired in a cross.

Dandy_2_Stars
15-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Harper fae halfway line lobbing Herriot in Hibs goal - 4-1 Dons LC circa '72

Varga's 2 goals V Howkers circa '73 (3-2 them)

Harper nod in at Tattie Bowl 1-0 Dons circa '71

Jim White 7-0 v Morton circa '69

Harper 2-0 v Hvns at Ibrox circa '71

Brush '77 V Motherwell - any of the 3 he scored that day :heart:

KeepieUppie
16-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Van Der Ark double v Motherwell in 1990 title run in. Notgreat goals, but 17k crowd all really believing that day.

Jazzer at love St same year.

Jess screamer past Thompson at ibrox. If that net wasn't there I'd have taken that ba' right between the eyes.

Woodthorpe 35 yarder at Killie. Couldnt believe he'd done something good.

Windass' 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th at cappielow to steal the match ball off of that wee ***** Dodds in 7-3 et cup win. All screamers. Anyone got video of this?

Pauldolski10
16-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Forgot to add Nicholsons goal against Hearts in last few minutes at tynecastle the one where he was sent off after it. what a bounce:D

redstarfk
16-01-2014, 08:06 AM
All three goals in a 3-0 win at Parkhead August 1990 - most comprehensive cuffing of an OF team in their own midden I ever had the pleasure of witnessing

Rougvie scoring at the Beach End in a 3-1 win v the Hvns a few months after that fatthunn*********** Johnstone got him sent off in the League Cup Final - Doug fair enjoyed that een

piriefaecove
16-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Fallon at Hampden was a fair ding. Zero provided a few corkers in his time also.

CraigBrownsTiki-Taka
16-01-2014, 04:31 PM
It has to be Jamie Smith vs Copenhagen. As a fan who hasn't seen a Dons trophy since I was two months old. This was the best goal I've seen live and game I have been to.

ReykjavikTenNil
16-01-2014, 10:29 PM
EUROPE:
I can't believe that out of 67 posts nobody mentioned Johnny Hewitt's diving header to win the ECWC in Gothenburg.

Close second: Big Eck's headed goal from the Strachan/McMaster free kick play acting to get us to 2-2 in the q-final v Bayern. The crowd's crescendo in the build up urging them forward was brill too.

CUP FINALS:
Brian irvine's pen to win the 1990 Cup Final with only Snelders left to take one. It was special for me as it was the first final I took my son to.

Close second: The goal I reckon launched our great run of Cup wins - McLeish's chip to equalise v the boys in blue just before half-time. Such a surprise to us all that he could do that after running back to collect a clearance then turn and clip an absolute peach into the top right corner.

ReykjavikTenNil
16-01-2014, 10:39 PM
LEAGUE:
Seve's screamer v Rangers to take us into Europe. Now that was a bounce!

Second: Joey Harper's quick thinking to score from our own half v Hibs.
I saw most of his goals so there were plenty more and even though he is still the club;s top scorer he made just as many for others as he scored.

LEAGUE CUP:
Jens Petersen's rocket into the Beach End net which actually came straight at me, then the crowd surged forward and knocked me against the bottom wall and my specs to the ground. Ah , standing - yes those were the days.

SCOTLAND:
Joe Jordan's diving header to take us to the 1974 World Cup in a crowd of 100,000 - biggest crowd I was ever in.

Close second: Dalglish's screamer v Spain in WC qualifier after he collected the ball from a right wing throw in and turned inside two defenders.

Mason89
17-01-2014, 12:04 AM
The two best goals I've seen live were Duncan Shearers against the Huns at Pittodrie and Kano's at Iprix

Best on tv was Billy Starks at Hampden. The greatest Scottish Cup goal of all time.

For bounceability it's Betts at Love Street or Scott Thompson at Brockville

pieandbovrilman
17-01-2014, 04:06 AM
Jamie smiths winner against Huns in Aug 2005, we'd gone 2 nil up thanks to first half goals from Ando and Lovell, they got a goal either side of half time courtesy of Prso and a very good overhead kick from Lovenkrands.Smith comes on as a sub and scored the winner five minutes from time...some bounce that day!
Also the 2008 game we beat the Hun 2 nil to help deny them the title, can remember amazing atmosphere that day, some excellent chants and singing...HAHA! HAHA! Brilliant... Canna for the life o me mine fa scored tho... Anybody ??

blootoondon
17-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Mackie V Dnipro!

Beckham v Wimbledon from the half way line! The Cantona and Irwin goals that day were good ina!

Similar to somebody else but I seem to forget a lot of the good goals.

redstarfk
17-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Also the 2008 game we beat the Hun 2 nil to help deny them the title, can remember amazing atmosphere that day, some excellent chants and singing...HAHA! HAHA! Brilliant... Canna for the life o me mine fa scored tho... Anybody ??

Here you go min - first en fae Lee Miller - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LixDCNeHV3A)

redstarfk
17-01-2014, 08:50 AM

Here you go min - first en fae Lee Miller[/quote]

And here's the second fae the Dazzler - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXh0vVxekU)

FitLikeMin
17-01-2014, 08:54 AM
A few that haven't been mentioned (I think) -

A Zero volley at the RDS end v Killie in a game we won about 5-1. I think it was the same game Gordon Marshall let a David Rowson "piledriver" through his legs.

A Lee Miller flying scissor kick volley thing at the Merkland end against Hearts in a game we won 1-0.

For some reason, Jess scoring from an indirect free kick from inside the box against the huns. Rasped it into the top corner. Probably beacause it was unusual.

For the opposition - I remember Motherwell scoring a brilliant free kick goal against us in the Ebbe/Paterson days - they flicked it over the wall and the guy volleyed it in.

Also a ridiculous Lee McCulloch >:( dipping volley from what seemed like 40 yards at Ibrox to put them 1-0 up, I think we lost 3-0.

Bridieeater
17-01-2014, 09:17 AM
For some reason whilst at college i always remember the 6-2 win v Hearts.

2 goals stick in my mind, think it was the 3rd goal Paul Mason toe poke into the top corner and the 6th Booth last minute goal at the front post great move, great game.

Could be wrong but think Booth came on for Jim Bett at 2-2. What kind of daft manager makes that change!

Sitting next to the fence and spotted one of our Hearts supporting lecturer in the away end. Spent the game hurling abuse at him... great laugh.

LED
17-01-2014, 10:17 AM

Belter of a goal.

This^^^^

November 1983 made all the more memorable as it was the return of the Hun of all Huns jock Wallace. The unwashed were everywhere that day but we hammered them 3-0 with the pick of the goals a porteous 35 yard pile driver into the top right hand corner of the beach end net.

I don't think there will be any video footage as I'm sure there was a tv strike on then regarding the coverage of Scottish football.

GlezgaRed
17-01-2014, 10:31 AM
McLeish at Hampden against Dear Hun in the Cup Final.

Ian Cameron against Timothy in the League Cup semi-final.

Paul Mason at Sellic Park, nothing real special about the goal but it set us on our way to raping them...Bobby C star jump goal was next.

Jess 4 goal salvo at East End Park.

Jess's first goal at Tynecastle when he flicks it over donkey McPherson and casually notches with ease.

Jess at Ibrox, picks it up on the halfway line and runs forward to unleash an unstoppable shot.

Paul Kane at Ibrox, great move with some very neat passing.

I'll leave it at that for now !!

CalumGilhooly
17-01-2014, 10:35 AM
November 1983 made all the more memorable as it was the return of the Hun of all Huns jock Wallace.

Aye, 2-0 down after 10 minutes too.

Welcome back Jock. XD