PDA

View Full Version : Howard Webb - Appointed as World Cup Ref

Mrpeace
15-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Well done Howard, off to Rio as FA choice, announced this morning.

UTM

Deepmidwinter
15-01-2014, 08:33 AM
A great ambassador for Rotherham

Heman
15-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Congratulations. I hope he has a good World Cup and also that he applies the laws of the game including kung fu.

millertop
15-01-2014, 09:00 AM
He is voted best ref in world so no surprise he's been appointed.

Well done Mr Webb

XserbarusX
15-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Get ready for the English representative referee to embarrass our country for a third successive World Cup.

ExeterMiller
15-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I thought he did an excellent job dealing with Holland's thuggery tactics - when Spain beat them in the 2010 final.

He was a bit sus at Old Trafford the other week though, was more lenient that usual for some reason

deMiller
15-01-2014, 03:33 PM
He likes to play advantage.
Everyone claimed he was a Man U fan before that game because he was supposibly bias towards him then he refs that game and everyone thinks hes gone off the boil, hes a top ref and only got the Lloris and Young mistake in that game. 1 mistake.

millmoormagic
15-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Get ready for the English representative referee to embarrass our country for a third successive World Cup.

eh? i thought he did well, and i for one was quite proud that a Rotherham lad played a part in a world cup final...i know what you'd say, regarding decisions he maybe should made differently on the day, but still did a great job.
As for embarrassment;
We'll leave that for the football team...

millertop
15-01-2014, 04:31 PM

Embarrass? XD think some fans will do that bit

tivolliman
15-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Congratulations Howard - well deserved and

easily the best ref in UK.

Voted best ref in world - at least we Rovrum
lads can do something right despite what the
media think.

Will SKY ever think so.

Top man Howard

fivetide
15-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Well done Howard. Don't listen to those who don't like to see people do well. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Zilzal
15-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Even if Howard 'The Constant Big Match Mistake-maker' Webb, bought an original 1920s Nosferatu mask, nobody, wherever they come from, would confuse him with the masterful Pierluigi Colina.

Italy's, the world's, greatest ever referee who shouldn't have had to retire until he chose to. Age was no barrier to Colina.

Meanwhile, standards of world refereeing continue to drop and drop.

theentertainer
15-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Thank God for our Howard,Its the only time our young-uns in Rotherham are going to see a Englishman in a World Cup Final and He is there again in Brazil and i bet he is there longer than the England Team.
I am Proud i am from Rotherham and i am Proud That Howard has done well.Also Know his dad well (Billy) who refereed many games on the local pitches in Rotherham and a True Gentlemen.Well done the Webb Family we are proud of you.

XserbarusX
16-01-2014, 10:36 AM
I thought he did an excellent job dealing with Holland's thuggery tactics - when Spain beat them in the 2010 final.

He was a bit sus at Old Trafford the other week though, was more lenient that usual for some reason

In what way did he 'deal' with the Netherlands thuggery?

By failing to uphold the laws of the game and letting Van Bommel and De Jong stay on the pitch? He did the very opposite by turning his blind eye to the Netherlands overly aggressive approach to counter a superior side. I bet they couldn't believe their luck that they had such a weak referee.

A referee should 'referee the incident' and not the occasion, individual or team he is refereeing. Had that been a different match at a different level he would have applied totally different laws of the game.

He was Blatter's puppet and almost threw the World Cup Final to the wrong team. Thankfully Spain won. Had they not his career would never have survived.