PDA

View Full Version : Wylde to St Mirren

CaddyCarhandle
15-01-2014, 08:44 AM
[i]DONS winger Gregg Wylde is set sign for St Mirren, the talentless Fat Postie scab can today reveal.

It is understood the former Rangers and Bolton midfielder will put pen to paper on a deal with the Buddies in the next 48 hours.

Wylde, 22, joined the Dons in the summer but has failed to become a regular in Derek McInnes' starting line-up.

The_Stolen_Bus
15-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Hope we get a fee for him >:)

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 08:48 AM
He's simply not as good as what we've got or are looking to bring in.

Big_Ecks_Right_Peg
15-01-2014, 08:49 AM
I wonder if it's a loan or permanent?

Feck_the_Huns
15-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Hope we get a fee for him >:)

Not a huge surprise, but Del said at the AGM that he gave him a 3 yr deal to allow him time to mature. 21 yrs old but the maturity of a 17 yr old, were his words. Obviously changed his mind.

SMsW
15-01-2014, 08:50 AM
If true, I would imagine it might be a loan deal.

For various reasons he hasn't played regular football and a six month deal might do him good.

superjim
15-01-2014, 08:53 AM
A loan deal would surely make some sense here?

Some first team football might see some of the form that had der huns signing him on a 5 year deal and label him the next big thing.

If we have him on a three year deal I'd be a little disappointed to just terminate the contract and hand him to saints. They arent going to pay a fee so it would make little difference to us (unless he's on a big wage with us??)

capitalred
15-01-2014, 08:54 AM
good, hes utter peesh. another that should be at mongtrose

sheepy04
15-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Has never shown the ability to match the hype in my view.

Not got much pace for a winger

CalumGilhooly
15-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Ach, a loan deal seems about right.

Not had a lot if any game time, and bar his subby appearance at Easter Road he's not done much of note with that time.

Games elsewhere might do him a bit of good. We'll see.

CoveKreep
15-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I was on the point of phoning Lord Lucan to ask him where Wylde was.

I have to be honest and state that the few times I did see him, he hasn't been that bad.

Biscuits07
15-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Allowing AFC to free up space in the team, maybe for a certain striker?

Are people starting to believe yet?

Pacman1903
15-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Losing him will have as much effect to the team as losing Darren Mackie did.

Pleases me in a way because I thought he was pants when he played. More chance of youth products getting in now I.e wee Cammy

1903_Redz
15-01-2014, 09:09 AM

Not got much pace? That's all i thought he did have. Fast as f*ck but couldn't deliver a ball if his life depended on it.

Just my opinion, not a fact. :)

AgentCooper
15-01-2014, 09:15 AM
There's a player there, I have absolutely no doubt.

I actually feel a little sorry for the lad: our team last season lacked pace and width, so McInnes went out and brought in a highly-rated, pacy winger.

Nobody (including the manager) could've foreseen the transformation in Pawlett this season, which has meant Wylde has no place in the team.

The lad needs games. He's not getting any better sitting on the bench every week.

Whoever it was earlier saying he wasn't quick was talking total ding. He's lightening, but as others have noted, his final ball hasn't been good enough. He needs more composure and that'll come with playing football, of which he's had precious little for two years.

A loan until the end of the season at the Buddies will do him a power of good, and we'll have a better player when he returns.

Good luck to the loon.

donsdaft
15-01-2014, 09:18 AM
He looked s'hite to me.

A Hun s'hite as well which didn't help.

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 09:21 AM

Maybe you've got him confused with someone else?

Fraser10
15-01-2014, 09:26 AM
He looked s'hite to me.

A Hun s'hite as well which didn't help.

Jesus. Can see this thread getting as stupid as the goodwillie ones.

sheepy04
15-01-2014, 09:28 AM

Maybe you've got him confused with someone else?[/quote]

No, I've yet to see him take anyone on at pace the way Pawlett does

kenzie316
15-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Haha, usual Rangers pish on here...

The times he has played, he has been ok, can deliver a ball and DOES have pace. In fact he seem to be a bit more committed than Hayes at times. At 22 or whatever he is cant blame him for wanting to actually play, so good on him. Sounds like a permanent move but I'd have preferred a loan, just to see if getting game time in makes an improvement.

Hope we are not just trying to offload to free up wages for someone else.

Gallus79
15-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Fat postie being ambiguous with his "sign" expression so clearly he disna ken if its a permo or a loano.

I'd hope its a loan for the rest of the season, I think Wylde needs games and can still be a valuable squad player for us.

if he does well he'll cause other teams damage, and of course wouldn't be able to feature against is.

If its a permo it means we are after Goodwillie on a permo also.

OleOle
15-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Maybe if this drags on until the weekend, Danny Lennon will be so worn out that St. Mirren will lose on Saturday.

Aldo1983
15-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Who is Gregg Wylde?

DennistounDon
15-01-2014, 09:49 AM
From Twitter "Inside The SPFL a??@AgentScotland 11m

St Mirren hope to sign Gregg Wylde before the weekend, looks like an initial loan, St Mirren wont match his Aberdeen wage tho'"
Expand

And saying Wylde doesn't have pace is on par with saying Zola doesn't have height.

SMsW
15-01-2014, 09:52 AM

Not got much pace? That's all i thought he did have. Fast as f*ck but couldn't deliver a ball if his life depended on it.

Just my opinion, not a fact. :)[/quote]

100% agree with 1903_Redz

bloodrunsred
15-01-2014, 09:53 AM
if there is a criticism of dm its that his signings of wylde,zola,shankland,weaver havent been much of a success(yet).

CalumGilhooly
15-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Maybe if this drags on until the weekend, Danny Lennon will be so worn out that St. Mirren will lose on Saturday.

Yaas. XD

CaddyCarhandle
15-01-2014, 09:55 AM
[quote="DennistounDon"Inside The SPFL a??@AgentScotland 11m

St Mirren hope to sign Gregg Wylde before the weekend, looks like an initial loan, St Mirren wont match his Aberdeen wage tho'"[/quote]

Anyone who calls themselves Agent anything on Twitter still lives with their mum.

Fraser10
15-01-2014, 09:59 AM
if there is a criticism of dm its that his signings of wylde,zola,shankland,weaver havent been much of a success(yet).

Really? Shankland? He's 18 for god sake he was never going to come in and be a regular from queens park.

Get a grip son.

WestCoastDon
15-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Anyone who calls themselves Agent anything on Twitter still lives with their mum.

Mcginn's agent does that. Perhaps why he can afford a Ferrari.

ILikeJam
15-01-2014, 10:04 AM

XD XD XD

Pacman1903
15-01-2014, 10:09 AM

Really? Shankland? He's 18 for god sake he was never going to come in and be a regular from queens park.

Get a grip son.[/quote]

Totally agree

SMsW
15-01-2014, 10:12 AM

Superb .XD

Simmie4
15-01-2014, 10:25 AM

St Mirren hope to sign Gregg Wylde before the weekend, looks like an initial loan, St Mirren wont match his Aberdeen wage tho'"
Expand

And saying Wylde doesn't have pace is on par with saying Zola doesn't have height.[/quote]

Depends on his position - he's tall when standing, midget when he jumps

XD

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 10:26 AM

XD

Bring back the poovy "like" button.

Feck_the_Huns
15-01-2014, 10:30 AM

Expand

And saying Wylde doesn't have pace is on par with saying Zola doesn't have height.[/quote]

So, if Smurren won't match his AFC wages, we will have to pay him off?

Aldo1983
15-01-2014, 10:30 AM

Mcginn's agent does that. Perhaps why he can afford a Ferrari.[/quote]

XD

kincorth_loon
15-01-2014, 10:43 AM
He's gone, contract "cancelled" by AFC.

Bit of a strange one ? - view external link (http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140115/gregg-wylde-leaves-pittodrie-_2212158_3621817)

actonsheep
15-01-2014, 10:49 AM
[quote="kincorth_loon" by AFC.

Bit of a strange one ?[/quote]

A year without a game at Bolton - freed. 6 months with little game time at AFC - freed.

Either he's not as good as people think on first impressions, or this isn't a footballing decision.

Best of luck to the guy though.

Aldo1983
15-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Young laddie comes through Rangers youth team...gets bumped up by fans and media!?!

Shirley not!?!

Stav22
15-01-2014, 10:52 AM
With the team doing so well just now thus transfer window is becoming very interesting. Just thinking about it then it's probably best this has happened, we have Low, Hayes, McGinn, Pawlett, who can all play as wingers. still granted it is a shock

SMsW
15-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I cannot see his 'contract being cancelled' without us taking some sort of financial hit though

stevew8863
15-01-2014, 10:59 AM
All the best to the guy as he put his all into the games he played and always showed willing to be part of the scene at Pittodrie, just a pity he wasn't good enough.

DM was right to have a go with the guy and has to be congratulated for excepting it wasn't working for both and clearing up the wages for another.

actonsheep
15-01-2014, 11:00 AM
I cannot see his 'contract being cancelled' without us taking some sort of financial hit though

There's nothing to say that its the club that have instigated this. He may have wanted away and we've just let him go rather than holding onto him, waiting for someone to buy him. A case of, you go for nothing, and we'll let you go for free.

Even if it is down to the club, his wages will have been budgeted for according to the length of his contract. If we haven't paid him the full value to go, and will now never have to pay bonuses etc it may be we'll be better off getting rid now, than paying him to do bugger all for 2/3 years.

ForwardGranty
15-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Wylde didn't seem to get much of a crack at it here. Would be an interesting behind the scenes maybe. Did someone not say also that he had a quite a small basic wage with a big bonus depending on performance?

My concern is if its true we're getting rid of a permanent contract to accommodate a loan signing of a striker then if PeePaw or Hayes get injured which one of Goodwillie,Magennis,Zola,Vernon or any number of our other strikers would replace their position?

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 11:02 AM
I had wee thochty that it would be permanent.

Hopefully it frees up more money for a striker.

athenaeum
15-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Wylde out somebody else in obviously

actonsheep
15-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Wylde didn't seem to get much of a crack at it here. Would be an interesting behind the scenes maybe. Did someone not say also that he had a quite a small basic wage with a big bonus depending on performance?

My concern is if its true we're getting rid of a permanent contract to accommodate a loan signing of a striker then if PeePaw or Hayes get injured which one of Goodwillie,Magennis,Zola,Vernon or any number of our other strikers would replace their position?

Cammy Smith? Nicky Low? Craig Storie?

Don't see much point in holding on to a young guy, who'll probably be on decent wages when we have our own prospects who can do a job.

kincorth_loon
15-01-2014, 11:15 AM
A year without a game at Bolton - freed. 6 months with little game time at AFC - freed.

Either he's not as good as people think on first impressions, or this isn't a footballing decision.

Best of luck to the guy though.

What i'm wondering AS, attitude problem perhaps ?

xtrmntr75
15-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Touch wood we've had a good season in terms of injuries and suspension. Still think this guy could do a job for us in the second half of the season.

caleebra
15-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Touch wood we've had a good season in terms of injuries and suspension. Still think this guy could do a job for us in the second half of the season.

Not any more! Contract cuncelled.

Strange one innit.

RedStarTorphins
15-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Don't see much point in holding on to a young guy, who'll probably be on decent wages when we have our own prospects who can do a job.[/quote]

You are not really comparing like-for-like though with those 3, who are more central midfielders

That said, I'm not that fussed about him leaving.

With a 4-2-3-1, we have McGinn & Hayes that can fill the wide left role, or Pawlett althou

WestCoastDon
15-01-2014, 11:35 AM
was the last game he played in the partick thistle game?

if so, I remember him having a bit of a barny with DM. the ball had been sent out for an injury or something and Wylde kicked it back to their goalkeeper.

DM was pi77ed cos it should have been our ball.

ForwardGranty
15-01-2014, 11:36 AM

Don't see much point in holding on to a young guy, who'll probably be on decent wages when we have our own prospects who can do a job.[/quote]

Exactly, what I mean is we have too many strikers for a 4-4-2 system nevermind with the 1 up front that we play. With Wylde not getting much of a chance, unless there was a serious problem behind the scenes, it might have been wiser to hol

Gallus79
15-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Interesting - was hoping Gregg would make it with us as he came with a lot of build up.

However, was at Thistle v Hibs a few months ago and was sat beside a scout. We got chatting at HT and he was a Scot who worked for Bolton (they were watching Taylor Sinclair) and I asked him about Gregg Wylde.

His opinion was pretty damning, saying Gregg was never good enough for Bolton and questioned his game intelligence for even SPFL fitba.

Wish him well at Smurn as he's only 22 but it sounds like he'll never make the big time.

Aldo1983
15-01-2014, 11:43 AM
was the last game he played in the partick thistle game?

if so, I remember him having a bit of a barny with DM. the ball had been sent out for an injury or something and Wylde kicked it back to their goalkeeper.

DM was pi77ed cos it should have been our ball.

Yeah you are right. He's missing Karbon and any other Glasgow based nightclub that starts with a K.

afc_1983
15-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Must say I'm a bit disappointed we've let him go.

Knowing our luck Hayes will get injured now. Sure, there are others that can play wide left, but for me Wylde was the obvious best backup to Hayes.

Good luck to him. I will remember with fondness the bounce at Easter Road when he scored! :)

SuperDandyDon
15-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Different folk at various points in the Goodwillie threads (I cannae be arsed trawling through them) indicated they'd heard rumours a player was going to be leaving us as a result of having fallen out with McInnes.

Anybody in the know - was this Wylde all along?

the_left_side
15-01-2014, 11:52 AM
A bit dissapointed and surprised at this news, I think he did well enough for us on the few chances he got. As has been said could leave us a tad short of width and pace on the left side if Hayes gets injured. Got a feeling this is more than just a pure footballing issue though. In Deek we trust!

Feck_the_Huns
15-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I think there are, shall we say, "psychological" issues involved here.

DJR1979
15-01-2014, 11:55 AM
This seems really odd, he never set the heather alight but wasn't the worst player we have ever signed. At his age surely we could have developed him if needed or transfer listed him? To cancel the contract of a young able player at the season midpoint is a strange thing to do. I'm sure DM has his reasons and we'll find out soon enough.

weemackie
15-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm hearing he took a swing at Docherty and that's why his contract has been cancelled. Nae sure how much truth is in it like

Gallus79
15-01-2014, 12:04 PM
[quote="Feck_the_Huns" issues involved here.[/quote]

Really?? :?

donsdaft
15-01-2014, 12:06 PM
I only really saw him play against Alloa.

I thought that not only was he bloody awful but that he had a self important swagger to him.

I didn't take to him at all.

All this was of course overshadowed by the worst performance at center forward that I have ever seen in my life from Zola.

Biscuits07
15-01-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm hearing he took a swing at Docherty and that's why his contract has been cancelled. Nae sure how much truth is in it like

Nae true at all!!
Guys wants his first team football and AFC using the money for elsehwere.

AddisonDeWitt
15-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Wylde has been a mystery to me.

I was a bit surprised we signed him, not because I had any opinion on his ability but because with Hayes, Pawlett and McGinn we seemed well placed for guys who could play wide (relative to our squad size). Striker/full back/keeper all seemed more of a priority.

I was even more surprised when he didn't immediately go straight into the first team because I assumed the only reason for trying so hard to get him in was that McInnes thought he was better than what was already here. Why bust a gut trying to bring in back up to a position we were well covered.

The entire time he was here he had the body language of a guy who thought he was getting a raw deal.

All a bit strange.

tarapoa
15-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Last I saw of him was the cup tie at Firhill.

To use the cliche, he was going past defenders for fun - especially if he got a run on them or they were daft enough to show him on to his left foot.

However, his final ball was invariably nowhere near an AFC player - with sclaffing it out of play or as far as the first defender being the normal outcome.

Nevertheless, a disappointing final ball is nothing too unusual for an AFC player...see Hayes, Jonny

In the Firhill match he also broke well out of midfield, outpacing the Thistle defence, but alas bottled his finish.

I think Easter Road was the only real highlight for his time with us - shame, as there is probably a player there, but if it helps us get a full-back or striker onboard, and he's bad for team karma as has been suggested, then parting company seems to make sense.

Pacman1903
15-01-2014, 12:22 PM

Ahh the rumour mill. You have to love it. I actually heard he stealth bummed Docherty after training much to Docs displeasure.

End of the day it doesn't matter the reason because he was poor. Granted he took his goal v hibs well but that's the only thing to come from this chapter of his footy career.

St Midden are welcome to him

SMsW
15-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Danny Lennon reckons Danny Lennon has got a good deal there.

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Danny Lennon reckons Danny Lennon has got a good deal there.

And it'll have chilled him right out for what must now surely be a comfortable three points at the weekend.

Dec123Red
15-01-2014, 12:39 PM
I thought he was sh*te when we signed him and I still think he's sh*te. St Mirren is about his level.

Feck_the_Huns
15-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Really?? :?

What I was told at the AGM. I think something happened down at Bolton, which has spilled over to his time at AFC.

Dissapointed in this, to be honest. Its well known I'm no fan of Jonny Hayes, and I don't think Wylde was ever given a chance, but if these "issues" are as bad as it appears, that will be why.

campervanbethoven
15-01-2014, 12:49 PM
A masterstroke from the management team to stop the second Goodwillie thread reaching 500 posts by lunchtime today.

Well played.

Gallus79
15-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I bet SEVCO come in for him.

After all McCoist is always interested in free Greggs...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5813/f0lr.jpg

RedStarTorphins
15-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Wylde has been a mystery to me.

I was a bit surprised we signed him, not because I had any opinion on his ability but because with Hayes, Pawlett and McGinn we seemed well placed for guys who could play wide (relative to our squad size). Striker/full back/keeper all seemed more of a priority.

I was even more surprised when he didn't immediately go straight into the first team because I assumed the only reason for trying so hard to get him in was that McInnes thought he was better than what was already here. Why bust a gut trying to bring in back up to a position we were well covered.

The entire time he was here he had the body language of a guy who thought he was getting a raw deal.

All a bit strange.

I agree with pretty much all of that.
IF he had a final ball, he'd be a very good player.
The fact that he doesn't would suggest why he's flitted about clubs.

redjohnny77
15-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Wee Mackie is spot on with his post.I also heard from a good authority that this was reason for cancelling of contract.St Mirren then received "word" that he was available and they decided to sign him.

Mason89
15-01-2014, 01:01 PM

Nae true at all!!
Guys wants his first team football and AFC using the money for elsehwere.[/quote]

Biscuits knows stuff

redross
15-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Questions about McInnes if he gives Wylde a 3 year deal then bins him 6 months later. You have to really sure about a player to give him a 3 year deal.

pwlp
15-01-2014, 01:04 PM
Not too bothered he's away. Didn't get much game time, even when we had midfield injuries, so clearly not in favour with Deek. The reasons for it don't concern me as I have more faith in Deek than I've had in any manager since, well ****ing ages... It also shows balls for Deek to can someone he signed after 6 months.

I'm also assuming the wages will be used to bring someone else in, someone that will add to the squad and put pressure on those getting a game.

RicoS321
15-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Good news. Not because I disliked Wylde, but because McInnes is happy to let him go. He could so easily have kept hold of him because he was his signing, to save face. He's identified a problem, and dealt with it. Great management.

afc_1983
15-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Questions about McInnes if he gives Wylde a 3 year deal then bins him 6 months later. You have to really sure about a player to give him a 3 year deal.

True, but it appears that we've not had to pay a financial or other penalty as a result, unlike previously.

We've got rid of a player who was in demand without having to award a large, or perhaps any, payoff. No harm done.

Contrast that to having Mackie etc contracted for 3 years. Not only could we not free him during the period of contract without paying him an unfathomable sum, but we had to suffer his presence in and around the team during that contract period too.

Mason89
15-01-2014, 01:11 PM
He's identified a problem, and dealt with it. Great management.

It's nice that he gets praise for signing duffers. Will it be great management when it sinks in that Zola is gash? :)

In Mcinnes we trust

AddisonDeWitt
15-01-2014, 01:14 PM

True, but it appears that we've not had to pay a financial or other penalty as a result, unlike previously.

We've got rid of a player who was in demand without having to award a large, or perhaps any, payoff. No harm done.

Contrast that to having Mackie etc contracted for 3 years. Not only could we not free him during the period of contract without paying him an unfathomable sum, but we had to suffer his presence in and around the team during that contract period too.[/quote]

I was having a good day until you reminded me about Mackie's 3 year contract. :blue:

Eoinel_Jessi
15-01-2014, 01:14 PM

It's nice that he gets praise for signing duffers. Will it be great management when it sinks in that Zola is gash? :)

In Mcinnes we trust[/quote]

I'd rather have someone in charge who admits his mistakes than some stubborn w*nker in the mould of Craig Levein.

If he was the manager we still wouldn't know if Zola was any good because Wylde would have spent the entire season crossing the ba' into the RDS.

Don_Of_The_Dead
15-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Last I saw of him was the cup tie at Firhill.

To use the cliche, he was going past defenders for fun - especially if he got a run on them or they were daft enough to show him on to his left foot.

However, his final ball was invariably nowhere near an AFC player - with sclaffing it out of play or as far as the first defender being the normal outcome.

Nevertheless, a disappointing final ball is nothing too unusual for an AFC player...see Hayes, Jonny

In the Firhill match he also broke well out of midfield, outpacing the Thistle defence, but alas bottled his finish.

I think Easter Road was the only real highlight for his time with us - shame, as there is probably a player there, but if it helps us get a full-back or striker onboard, and he's bad for team karma as has been suggested, then parting company seems to make sense.

I think we played him all wrong. One of the few games I remember seeing him was the Viking friendly.

He ki

actonsheep
15-01-2014, 01:16 PM

He gets praise because the team as a whole is pretty much working, which is far more important than a couple of gambles in the transfer market which didn't come off.

Being able to admit you got something wrong is generally seen as a decent character trait, cant see what the issue is with McInnes here.

fittiered
15-01-2014, 01:19 PM

ive just heard the same that he took a swing at the assistant manager.

Don_Of_The_Dead
15-01-2014, 01:27 PM

I fully believe that despite injuries, the presence and performances of his signings in Flood, Robson and Hector have more than outweighed his signings of Wylde and Zola.

Mr_Grieves
15-01-2014, 01:27 PM
This should free up a good amount of wages for this transfer window. We should be doing the same thing with Chris Clark.

Low, Murray and O'Neil can all play wide as well as moving Pawlett to the wing and replacing him in the centre with Smith.

TheRealSLYFOX
15-01-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm hearing he went swinging with the assistant manager and didna let Tony hey the first shot.

Dec123Red
15-01-2014, 01:28 PM

ive just heard the same that he took a swing at the assistant manager.[/quote]

I'd be surprised if this were true, came across as a quiet loon.

thestooge
15-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm not at all surprised that he's gone and I'm again impressed by McInnes.

Wylde did next to nothing in a red shirt. While strength in depth is required, he wasn't really offering anything, even as a sub, and wasn't worth the spend.

I've no reason to believe there is anything more to this than simply letting a yound loon try to find regular playing time elsewhere though, back in August, one of our youngsters mentioned that Wylde's attitude seemed to be winning few friends with the playing and coaching staff.

TheRealSLYFOX
15-01-2014, 01:31 PM
By all accounts if he had taken a swing at TD he would still be picking up his teeth.

Nae a boy to mess wi.

thestooge
15-01-2014, 01:32 PM

XD Come awa min. If it had been Brown, McGhee or JC, he'd have given the boy an extended contract.

On paper, it was a decent signing. And you can see why he signed Zola too. They've not worked out but he's making decisive changes to correct things.

Mason89
15-01-2014, 01:39 PM
XD Come awa min. If it had been Brown, McGhee or JC, he'd have given the boy an extended contract.

On paper, it was a decent signing. And you can see why he signed Zola too. They've not worked out but he's making decisive changes to correct things.

You're right & I think McInnes has done really well here as well. I just find it funny that even when he makes a mistake, he's getting praised for it.

Changed days :)

I'm still not 100% convinced by our dear leader but I'm moving the right direction

AddisonDeWitt
15-01-2014, 01:42 PM
No mystery, it's human nature. It's easy to forgive a guy who's generally doing a good job for making a mistake. A guy who makes a mistake that just seems typical of his general ineptitude - that's a lot harder to forgive.

boaby81
15-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Disappointed. We've been desperate for a left-sided player. If he can't get in the team now, when Hayes is at left-back, then you have to wonder.

A reasonable signing. Well, a reasonable attempt to address a need. Disappointing that the lad wasn't up to it. Will be even more disappointing should he be good elsewhere.

As for Zola. He's p!sh. Any scout judging him to be any use needs punted.

Any manager can make signing errors. However, the no marks, those we casual observers of the wider game know little or nothing about, have been mostly p!sh.

Robson and Flood are Calderwoodesque signings. Known quantities. Any muppet knows they can cut it in The SPFL. The loanees have been useful, true.

Hopefully DM's scouring of diddy football produces better than Wylde and Zola in the future.

dontilidie
15-01-2014, 02:06 PM

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

thestooge
15-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Known signings tend to cost more money or be gambles as they're older veterans.

Zola, as ugly a player as he is, has been part of a winning side so I think the criticism of him is a little ott. He'll always have a place in my heart for scoring the winning goal vs United on my sons first trip to Pittodrie.

Wylde failing says way more about Wylde than McInnes to me.

Stupie82
15-01-2014, 02:16 PM
I always felt that Wylde had the potential. He was a decent player at the Huns Mk1 and was quick up the wing too, but perhaps DM just doesnt rate the lad. His attitude could be shyte too or he lacks motivation in training etc and there have been players over the years at various clubs, where you wonder why they bin someone and those are a couple of the reasons given.

I didnt think he was too bad when he has played but then DM must feel he cant cut in the squad. Its a good way to free up some cash for wages, so hopefully DM brings in a good replacement. All the best to the lad.

CountZaroff
15-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Wylde started both the league and cup games at Firhill and failed to do much of note. He wasn't terrible by any means but compared to the likes of Pawlett and even to Nicky Low he didn't really look like he was grabbing the opportunity to make the most of his talents. His sub appearance at Easter Rd being the notable exception to this.

OhioRed
15-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Everyone makes mistakes, and football managers often make more per season than the average person does. So DM has tried out a couple of ideas and they didn't work out the way he had hoped, big deal. Most of what he has tried has worked exceptionally well.

What is much more unusual is a football manager not only admitting a mistake, but taking action to correct it. Doing something like this opens the door to bullsh*t from those inclined to dish that out. And there is never a shortage of them, on here and elsewhere.

Wylde came here to resurrect a flagging career, but it just didn't happen. I suspect he has himself to blame for that, and for this outcome. I think the opportunity for him to move on came and it suited all parties, though probably us more than him.

I also suspect if he took a swing at Doc he would have moved to the ICU not St. Mirren.

TheFuturesRed
15-01-2014, 03:32 PM

You're a stubborn chunt eh? Maybe if McInnes leads us to the domestic treble and then the Championd Leagur next season, you might possibly think about admitting you were wrong about him.

jannie_versace
15-01-2014, 03:32 PM

ive just heard the same that he took a swing at the assistant manager.[/quote]

I'd be surprised if this were true, came across as a quiet loon.[/quote]

I'd say quite the opposite. I think it's fairly obvious this decision isn't just a footballing one. McInnes clearly doesn't trust him, which is why he seldom brings him on as sub even when the game might be crying out for a quick, wide player to take on tiring full-backs.

You have to suspect Wydle's not up for it in training and just doesn't do what's expected of him ... if he did, he'd be in the team more often. So, I'm not at all surprised to hear about some kind of bust-up, whether it's true or not. To cancel a player's contract is unusual and it's obvious som

AddisonDeWitt
15-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Any manager can make signing errors. However, the no marks, those we casual observers of the wider game know little or nothing about, have been mostly p!sh.

Robson and Flood are Calderwoodesque signings. Known quantities. Any muppet knows they can cut it in The SPFL. The loanees have been useful, true.

Largely agree with this although he does get a big plus for Hector. But otherwise a couple of can't-go-wrongs and a couple of did-go-wrongs. He's done a good job so far but yet to convince he has an eye for a player as well as being (so far) very good on the motivational side.

LovellWillTearUApart
15-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Let's face it. I doubt anyone knows the reason why he has been released but there must be a good reason.

When was the last time we released any player with such a long time left on their contract?

Aldo1983
15-01-2014, 04:16 PM
He's signed someone who had potential and it's not worked out. He's had his contract ripped up and it's not costing us anything.

Quick action from the boss again.

Although he does have a ducks ar*se hair cut and shouldn't have been anywhere near our club IMO.

See Diamond, Zander.

Pacman1903
15-01-2014, 04:18 PM
At the end of the day this is a player who has been released while under contract at the 3 clubs he has ever played with. Kinda makes me think did the dead c@nts actually choose to punt him rather than his "ill leave because i'm a good guy" act.

In your early years of your professional football career and binned by 3 clubs in a row. Junior football beckons i'm afraid loon. He wont last in the SPFL.

Mr_Grieves
15-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Let's face it. I doubt anyone knows the reason why he has been released but there must be a good reason.

When was the last time we released any player with such a long time left on their contract?

Tommy Wright ?

Mason89
15-01-2014, 04:20 PM
You're a stubborn chunt eh? Maybe if McInnes leads us to the domestic treble and then the Champions League next season, you might possibly think about admitting you were wrong about him.

I'm never wrong. Sometimes I'm not as right as I normally am but i'm never wrong :)

McInnes has achieved a minor miracle with the team so far. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have some small concerns about his running of the club. For instance, thinking Calvin Zola was a footballer is a small worry. Handing Clangers a contract extension when he did was jaw dropping stupidity. Sniffing around Goodwillie was a mistake, even if he doesn't end up here.

He's got a lot more right than he has wrong though so hoorah for Team Deek! For now.

khawaga
15-01-2014, 04:24 PM

This is a bit of a harsh interpretation of the limited facts we have - maybe there was a 6 month break clause in the contract, or it was performance based.

If you were told in June that McInnes was signing a player with acknowledged potential on a contract that allowed us to keep him for 3 years if he turned out to be great, or ditch him with minimal loss after 6 months if he turned out to be gash, would you stil think this a poor deal?

khawaga
15-01-2014, 04:34 PM
You're a stubborn chunt eh? Maybe if McInnes leads us to the domestic treble and then the Champions League next season, you might possibly think about admitting you were wrong about him.

I'm never wrong. Sometimes I'm not as right as I normally am but i'm never wrong :)

McInnes has achieved a minor miracle with the team so far. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have some small concerns about his running of the club. For instance, thinking Calvin Zola was a footballer is a small worry. Handing Clangers a contract extension when he did was jaw dropping stupidity. Sniffing around Goodwillie was a mistake, even if he doesn't end up here.

He's got a lot more right than he has wrong though so hoorah for Team Deek! For now.

[b]grudging[b] (EigrEid EaAi)

adj.
displaying reluctance or unwillingness: grudging acceptance.

AFC14
15-01-2014, 04:38 PM

You can't expect us to get everything right. Every club, each year, has some sort of f*ck up. Everyone. Chelsea are going so strong yet have shown some severe mismanagement of Juan Mata their player of

SMsW
15-01-2014, 04:56 PM
He just posted this on twitter

GreggWylde17 a??@GreggWylde 1m

Delighted to sign a 18 months contract with @saintmirrenfc looking forward to getting back on track again at a good club.

Redrab1903
15-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I never saw that coming , maybe a loan move would have been better. I thought he was a good addition to the squad. It will be interesting to see how well he does there.

Pacman1903
15-01-2014, 05:05 PM

Delighted to sign a 18 months contract with @saintmirrenfc looking forward to getting back on track again at a good club.

The aforementioned "psychological problems" are definatley apparent in that statement. "good club" :? :? :?

PittodrieGoesBerserk
15-01-2014, 05:07 PM

The insinuation being Aberdeen Football Club aren't a good club, how dare he?

sword_of_truth
15-01-2014, 05:09 PM
Thank you and good luck.

:star: :star:

SMsW
15-01-2014, 05:10 PM

The insinuation being Aberdeen Football Club aren't a good club, how dare he?[/quote]

I thought that at first but he then tweeted this so credit to him

GreggWylde17 a??@GreggWylde 15m

Just like to say thanks to @AberdeenFC and the fans been fantastic at every game and the support the gived me for my time there

donsdaft
15-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Illiterate hun c'unt.

jackdon
15-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Strange one this, got t.b.h came as a bit of a shock.
Thinking there must be more than meets the eye here. Didnt appear to get much game time (4 starts?) had speed to burn but like Hayes his final ball was invariably poor.

Mabye his attitude wasnt right in training,will we ever know why D.M cancelled the contract ?

Whatever the reason, D.M made it, so we have to deal with it & support his decision.
Mabye the hapless Zola & Magennis will be next to leave?

EintrachtFrankfurt
15-01-2014, 06:04 PM
got to be other players coming in surely? wylde was obviously over-hyped at the dead huns-no surprise that! because the rare glimpses of him in an aberdeen shirt apart from the game at easter road he has done sfa.

hopefully that big lump zola is next out the door and we can get someone in who does the business.

aleale
15-01-2014, 06:33 PM
Was surprised to here he's away, also surprised it's not just a loan deal, could of went away played some football and came back and hit the ground running in the same style as Pawlett.

Anyway as long as the manager brings in another addition to the squad I'll be happy.

hilton82
15-01-2014, 06:53 PM
great news well happy with this, hayes works hard for the team nae feart to get in about and can skip by players . wylde apparently runs fast thats it. anyway hes gone its all good.

BobbyClarkNumber1
15-01-2014, 07:07 PM
To me, this looks like we have dodged a bullet based on both his playing ability and personality...or indeed, lack of both.

IMO, he has always appeared to be a headless chicken. His career to date seems to show that I'm not the only person to think this!

Also noticed in the game against Partick Thistle (his last outing?) that he threw a hissy fit when substituted aimed (along with his tracksuit top) at the dugout.
Surprised me at the time that nobody else commented on it?

Goodbye Gregg, next it'll be Albion Rovers before a career stacking shelves in Morrisons.

Skoskur
15-01-2014, 07:28 PM
bit of a surprise. i like the way the club is moving just now, not a single mention of any transfer dealings or player movements until it is done. (re goodwillie, was it not his agent saying dons, and mcinnes has said nothing more than he likes him ?? he will be getting someone different, just a smoke screen ;) )

we might miss Wyldes electric pace, but saying that, he is the same speed as me sitting on the bench.

i think our youngsters are better options anyway,

thanks for trying out for aberdeen fc gregg, and i hope you will buy a nice can of special brew for your new team mates in the paisley social when watching the dons in europe next season. you can say - i know him, and him, and him ...

seriously tho, good luck except when playing us

Stav22
16-01-2014, 11:26 AM
It has now been made clear that DM wanted to keep Wylde but he wanted to leave. Not willing to fight for his place, we are well shot if him thankfully, and this is why he will never make it as a footballer #nofight #hun

harlaw_red
16-01-2014, 11:45 AM
So Wylde "just wants to play football" and doen;t wan to sit on the bench... oh and he wants to closer to his pals in the central belt rather than stay and fight for a place at the club he signed a 3 year deal with 6 months ago. Good riddance hvn >:(

aurora_borealis
16-01-2014, 11:49 AM
It has now been made clear that DM wanted to keep Wylde but he wanted to leave. Not willing to fight for his place, we are well shot if him thankfully, and this is why he will never make it as a footballer #nofight #hun

Where was this from ?

MeadowbankRed
16-01-2014, 12:10 PM
My take on it is that Wylde has taken issue with his continual absense from the starting 11, particularly after Hayes was moved to LB and he still was not involved. Perhaps he felt it was not going to work out for him, maybe his attitude was poor, who knows. TBH we didnt really need him imo, Hayes, McGinn and Low can all play on the left. Hopefully DM can bring in someone who will improve the squad. If we could bring in Goodwillie and get Hector back we would be in a great position to finish 2nd.

SMsW
16-01-2014, 12:13 PM
More importantly we have freed up approximately A?200k+ worth of wages.

aurora_borealis
16-01-2014, 12:34 PM

I assume Wylde asked to be released and it cost the club nothing ??

I think he's known of St Mirren's interest if the above is correct !

SMsW
16-01-2014, 12:35 PM

I think he's known of St Mirren's interest if the above is correct ![/quote]

Correct.

aurora_borealis
16-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Correct.[/quote]

Glad he's gone as he's shown a poor attitude in not wanting to fight for a place in a team riding high BUT wonder how St Mirren contacted a player on contract :?

Aldo1983
16-01-2014, 12:52 PM

Correct.[/quote]

Glad he's gone as he's shown a poor attitude in not wanting to fight for a place in a team riding high BUT wonder how St Mirren contacted a player on contract :?[/quote]

Who cares!

SMsW
16-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Glad he's gone as he's shown a poor attitude in not wanting to fight for a place in a team riding high BUT wonder how St Mirren contacted a player on contract :?

Possibly a potential loan club at one point.

Girniedon
16-01-2014, 12:58 PM
It was one thing wanting to go out on loan - to get regular games...but, not wanting to be part of the (AFC) squad made sure his fate was sealed.

Unfortunately, the lad believed all that hype shxtx when he was with Deadco - like many before him. And is now found out.

Good luck min - you'll need it.

B) B)

AddisonDeWitt
16-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Ach I think we're being too hard on Wylde. His confidence would have been at a low ebb after not doing well in England, he comes here and finds he's down the pecking order and it sinks even lower. He knows he needs regular game time if he's going to develop as a player and he's taken a cut in wages to get it. He's said nothing but positive things about the club and manager here, and isn't looking for someone else to blame. Good luck to the loon.

pipes
16-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Where's all the hatred for Wylde coming from?*

Career is close to going down the pan, wants to go somewhere he'll be playing every week.

Might nae have been the best but celebrated our goals more than any other c*nt on the pitch.

*I think I have an idea. >;)

ArildsHair
16-01-2014, 01:24 PM
. He's said nothing but positive things about the club and manager here, and isn't looking for someone else to blame. .

...and that's enough on it's own for the loon to deserve our respect and our best wishes for the future.

StandFreeEd
16-01-2014, 03:51 PM
This thread has been selected for discussion on Friday Sport.

Tune in to Northsound 1 at 6pm tomorrow to hear the lads chat about your posts. - view external link (www.aberdeen-mad.co.uk)

jackdon
16-01-2014, 03:59 PM
. He's said nothing but positive things about the club and manager here, and isn't looking for someone else to blame. .

...and that's enough on it's own for the loon to deserve our respect and our best wishes for the future.[/quote]

I agree with this.
Hope he does well for Smurn just not against us.

cheekylob
16-01-2014, 04:13 PM
I have no real opinion of him. Has pace but no skill to go with it. I've forgotten him already!

redday1903
16-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Never did anything of note but good luck to him. He's better going in search of a game than sitting on his erse picking up a wage.

OleOle
16-01-2014, 04:18 PM
He would have walked into our team the past 3 seasons, but has come up against stiff competition for places this season. When he played he did pretty well, and his goal against Hibs at Easter Road endeared us to him a wee bit, so no need for any resentment towards him. He'll do a good job for somebody else and good luck to him.

SMsW
16-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Before anyone asks though, no he won't come back to haunt us.

caleebra
16-01-2014, 04:25 PM

didn't we say that about David Lilley? Charlie Mulgrew? Darren Young? Ok, forget the last one, but it's conceivable he could mildly haunt us unless we sign and play proper full backs.

SMsW
16-01-2014, 04:26 PM

didn't we say that about David Lilley? Charlie Mulgrew? Darren Young? Ok, forget the last one, but it's conceivable he could mildly haunt us unless we sign and play proper full backs.[/quote]

Well he isn't a prolific goalscorer and he couldn't cross the road.

redday1903
16-01-2014, 04:26 PM

didn't we say that about David Lilley? Charlie Mulgrew? Darren Young? Ok, forget the last one, but it's conceivable he could mildly haunt us unless we sign and play proper full backs.[/quote]

We just don't lose goals

WeDontNeedEusebio
16-01-2014, 06:40 PM

We just don't lose goals[/quote]

That just about guarantees he will haunt us.
And he is a better finisher than the vastly over rated Hayes who can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross and can't head.

sancho_panza
17-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Can't really blame him for wanting to move and play regular football.

Hopefully we use the opportunity to sign a decent full back. The squad was a bit unbalanced in any case with too many attacking mids/wingers and not enough in other areas.

pieandbovrilman
17-01-2014, 03:43 AM
I personally think he came in last season considering himself to be quite a big signing for us,and to be fair I was expecting a lot more from him. You could say he never got much of a chance but I think it was a combination of the resurgence of Pawlett and Hayes and also attitude and commitment issues which ultimately led to his demise. Anyway, best of luck to the loon, St Mirrens nae a bad wee club to be playing for so I'm sure he'll get first team fitba there.

sheepinthailand
17-01-2014, 06:47 PM
A lightning pudding.

RedStarTorphins
17-01-2014, 07:08 PM
No doubt some of the wahoos in our support will boo him when we play there next month.

For what reason I'm not sure.

Personally, I'm not bothered he's gone, but as far as I can see, he's never bad mouthed the club or the fans - the opposite.

So no problem as far as I'm concerned.

Frees up a wage to fill a more problematic position in the squad...striker

OleOle
30-01-2014, 08:08 AM
I see he's already been warming the St. Mirren bench.

caleebra
30-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Ach good luck to the loon. Sounds like he did alright in his 25 minutes last night. Not a great result for St Mirren

from BBC:

St Mirren substitute Gregg Wylde was causing Hearts all sorts of problems, forcing a near-post save from MacDonald before finding Thompson in space at the back post only for the striker to loft his volley high over the bar

thestooge
30-01-2014, 08:22 AM

We just don't lose goals[/quote]

That just about guarantees he will haunt us.
And he is a better finisher than the vastly over rated Hayes who can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross and can't head.[/quote]

In the last 3 and a half years, the time Hayes has been in the top flight of Scottish football, he's played 114 games, scored 21 goals and created 23.

Nae bad stats for a loon that canna finish or pass or cross.