PDA

View Full Version : Regan latest on Armageddon

CoveKreep
15-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Another one admitting he was wrong... - view external link (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-regan-admits-to-an-armageddon-no-show.1389790318)

Stupie82
15-01-2014, 03:21 PM
I think its hilariously ironic that Mr Spiers is the one writing this article, considering I heard him on numerous ocassions backing the armageddon scenario on the BBC.

He really lost me at: "It is viewed as gloating, as "sticking the boot in" while the reborn Rangers clambers up from the lower reaches. So Regan, and the rest of us, sometimes find ourselves walking on eggshells."

Should journalism not be impartial and be a freedom in this country, free to express a view without repercussions? So Spiers is openly admitting that he and others "walk on eggshells" when it comes to the huns... no shock there then!

PittodrieGoesBerserk
15-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Spiers is a spineless pr*ck - he says as much in his article.

scobiemacd
15-01-2014, 05:12 PM
Spiers, " waffle,waffle anecdote,piffle waffle,blah ,Elton John,waffle,Walter smith.,, piffle,waffle,anecdote...,". Right where's my fee?

Ziggy1903
15-01-2014, 05:30 PM
stopped reading after this

There is a residual anger and bitterness among Rangers supporters - some of it justified

how is anything justified they should be dead. PERIOD

Tubilay
15-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I will give him some, modest credit.

There have been plenty of other journos who went down the "Armageddon" line, and who haven't had the guts to say they called it wrong. There are far more who have stuck to the "it's all bad" line than have actually watched a game and realised that it's actually a far better place.

I'd even give him some credit for admitting that he sometimes has to watch his tact, given how touchy the Rangers fans are. It might be seen by some as an admission of their influence. I'd see it more as an insight into the kind of paranoia he has to deal with. I mean, Rangers fans giving Spiers grief on being anti-Rangers?

What I continue to find baffling is that he, and others, seem to have suddenly arrived at this conclusion that there are other teams in the league setup. It's as if it has taken them 18 months to finally accept things have changed, and now that they have they're struck by the novelty of it.

05car
15-01-2014, 09:14 PM
oh for the love of the wee man

"Jackie McNamara and Dundee United's season has been engrossing - a young manager with a flock of talented young players in tow. The Tannadice crowds are buoyant and, if you are an "Arab", this is all great fun."

seriously - how much mare of this pish are we gonna be fed

RedStarTorphins
15-01-2014, 09:26 PM

"Jackie McNamara and Dundee United's season has been engrossing - a young manager with a flock of talented young players in tow. The Tannadice crowds are buoyant and, if you are an "Arab", this is all great fun."

The over hype of the Matalan Catalans is laughable.

However, I say I hope it keeps going.

All the hype and bluster about them was undoubtedly used by Derek McInnes at Tannadump on New Year's Day.
We outplayed and outfought their lot and put them in their place.
I'm sure he said to the likes of Jack & Flood "you're twice the players that Rankin & Paton are"...to Pawlett "show them you are at least as good as them"...etc

Keep the hype going, let them and their deluded fans believe the rubbish.

I don't want us to start getting hyped up.

theram1975
15-01-2014, 09:31 PM

They are closer to the bottom 6 than they are to 3rd.

Hibs are 7th and Butcher will sort them out during this transfer window, meanwhile Sir Jackie has Garry Kenneth on trial.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hibs overhaul them soon.

WestCoastDon
15-01-2014, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hibs overhaul them soon.

you are forgetting that they are a "project" that is only just started...

wait until Jackie really gets to grip with the "project" then you will be eating your words, let them tell you.

I am pretty sure they will finish 6 in the league. Hibs above them but St Johnstone outside the top 6.

OhioRed
16-01-2014, 02:58 AM

If it's so much fun why does hardly anyone bother turning up for their games?

Sharpierrr
16-01-2014, 07:03 AM
I will give him some, modest credit.

There have been plenty of other journos who went down the "Armageddon" line, and who haven't had the guts to say they called it wrong.

True. I was pretty scathing about this piece yesterday and I still find the admission that they have to avoid the truth about Rangers galling. However, this is a much fairer assessment than from the likes of Provan, Keevins, Jackson et al.

Pacman1903
16-01-2014, 07:52 AM

If it's so much fun why does hardly anyone bother turning up for their games?[/quote]

Because they are fickle d@cks. In the game they supposedly were to sell out i.e their cup final against us they got their 3rd do in on the bounce and have been p@sh since. Heaps of fun for the romany ronaldos