PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused!!!

southbankirregular
16-01-2014, 01:09 PM
I've just seen an interview on Look North's lunchtime bulletin in which a representative of the CTWD group went to great pains to stress that the group did NOT want Allam to quit the club, and that they were supportive of him in everything except the change.

However the impression of posters on here, and other websites, is that the group DO want Allam to quit rather than have the change. I can think of Westupperfamily, Corred, TiDa, TwoWrights2 who have all posted to that effect.

Can someone please explain exactly what the objective of the CTWD group actually is? It seems to me that not all members are singing the same song.

If the group cannot present a united front it will soon start to lose creditability, certainly when the FA start to consult. Coupled with the fact that the Official Supporters Club have a different stance as well, it will make it difficult to put the case for not changing the.

In the same segment Lord Prescott supported the change, so I don'

JoePublic
16-01-2014, 02:08 PM
My understanding (I'm against the change but also againts the demonstrations during match play etc) is that CTWD are against the change only as an organisation based on what I've read, seen and heard.

This really isturning into a mess and a childish one at that

If you look at Allam's latest statement "I will walk away if the FA refuse a change" you will see that he's not saying that "the FA are standing in the way of Hull Tigers business plan that the whole change is based upon for its future financial success" but more "How dare you question my decision about my club and I want what I want" and his battle now seems to be purely about the principle of being challenged.

I think CTWD are as appreciative as anyone for what Allam has done and hope he continues to be the owner but his "management by fear" style will never work.

It would be good if both sides went quiet for the remainder of the season so we can talk about a promising end to our campaign and couple of promi

southbankirregular
16-01-2014, 02:18 PM
You are right about us concentrating on the football.

However, I think Allam is playing a very clever game. Throwing in his I will quit threat is very likely to make some of the CTWD group think again, not the hardliners, but those who are perhaps just on the edges. The more he splinters any opposition, the less coherent any response will be to any FA consultation, and the less likely it will be able to influence any decision. Also if the FA think regime change is behind the opposition, that may well also influence their position. They won't want to be seen to be assisting that.

As I say, he's no mug. Divide and conquer.

JoePublic
16-01-2014, 02:33 PM
You are right about us concentrating on the football.

However, I think Allam is playing a very clever game. Throwing in his I will quit threat is very likely to make some of the CTWD group think again, not the hardliners, but those who are perhaps just on the edges. The more he splinters any opposition, the less coherent any response will be to any FA consultation, and the less likely it will be able to influence any decision. Also if the FA think regime change is behind the opposition, that may well also influence their position. They won't want to be seen to be assisting that.

As I say, he's no mug. Divide and conquer.

Yes possibly the case although Allams comment must look childish to the FA and they will feel awkward making a considered judgement knowing that they may put a Premiership football in an unstable position and bet they've never been put in that position before.

So Allams comment is either petulantly chi

killercbrn
16-01-2014, 04:07 PM
From what I understand the principle message of the group is "anti change, but pro Allam".

However the group seem to have been infiltrated (and they are doing nothing to prevent it) by an anti Allam brigade, the ones who have never liked him since he fell out with the council over the stadium, and find any excuse to have a dig at him, the ones who keep harping on about his "gift" not being a gift, purely a loan etc etc.. They dont trust his motives and believe he only bought the club to get his hands on the land, and believe the words of Hull Council over his.

There also seems to be an element of members who have no interest in Club, and are just causing trouble for the sake of it, they have not vetted any of their members, or know if they are actually City fans or fans of other clubs who oppose the change.

The OSC at least know that its members are fans of the club, and most probably long standing supporters at that, and highly likely to be season pass holders.

The CT

corred
16-01-2014, 05:03 PM
[quote="southbankirregular"]I've just seen an interview on Look North's lunchtime bulletin in which a representative of the CTWD group went to great pains to stress that the group did NOT want Allam to quit the club, and that they were supportive of him in everything except the change.

However the impression of posters on here, and other websites, is that the group DO want Allam to quit rather than have the change. I can think of Westupperfamily, Corred, TiDa, TwoWrights2 who have all posted to that effect.

Can someone please explain exactly what the objective of the CTWD group actually is? It seems to me that not all members are singing the same song.

If the group cannot present a united front it will soon start to lose creditability, certainly when the FA start to consult. Coupled with the fact that the Official Supporters Club have a different stance as well, it will make it difficult to put the case for not changing the.

In the same se

corred
16-01-2014, 05:11 PM
The OSC at least know that its members are fans of the club, and most probably long standing supporters at that, and highly likely to be season pass holders.

The OSC has no choice other than to back Allam as they know that the consequences would mean that they would lose the "official" part of the.

I know a number of members of the OSC and so far I have not spoken to one who is pro change

southbankirregular
16-01-2014, 07:08 PM

The OSC has no choice other than to back Allam as they know that the consequences would mean that they would lose the "official" part of the.

I know a number of members of the OSC and so far I have not spoken to one who is pro change[/quote]

Like you Corred, I have only spoken to one or two people who are actually in favour of the change. However, the vast majority of supporters I do speak to also feel it is not something worth fighting Allam over, and risking destabilising the club at the highest point ever in it's fortunes. I'm in this camp.

TwoWrights2
16-01-2014, 07:08 PM
How very careful of SBI to use the words 'give the impression...want Allam to quit'
How very careful of me never to post that that's what I want. Indeed anyone that cares to trawl through my waffle, will see that I've said before that I'm happy for him to stay, and when he eventually goes take a large profit with him.
How very careful today of the CTWD* spokesman to offer his viewpoint in a calm and dignified way, a stance that Mr Allam would do well to copy, bonne chance! :)

* It'll come as no surprise to 'some' that I joined as soon as possible. The 'girly bracelet' which they sent me looks rather fetching. It'll just sit in the sideboard though, although it'll have company with the Help for Heroes one.

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

southbankirregular
16-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Sometimes your posts have grain of sense in them. If you cut out the crap and waffle it just might be a bit easier to see them.

TwoWrights2
16-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Those that know, will know. And whatever anyone on here thinks of me is of no concern to me, and none of my business anyway. :)

The views expressed in my posts are not necessarily mine.

StCloudTiger
16-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Is it blackmail to tell people what you intend to do in a situation that you find unacceptable? Or would the fans prefer not to be told, and then find out that the owner of the club walks away after the event?

I feel the same fans would then cry, why did you not voice you opinion before?

Dammed if he does, dammed if he don't!

I too am confused

[quote="corred"]I've just seen an interview on Look North's lunchtime bulletin in which a representative of the CTWD group went to great pains to stress that the group did NOT want Allam to quit the club, and that they were supportive of him in everything except the change.

Can someone please explain exactly what the objectiv

killercbrn
17-01-2014, 02:05 PM

I know a number of members of the OSC and so far I have not spoken to one who is pro change[/quote]

Well guess what, so do I, I am one, and I know a fair few who wish he didnt want to change the, however in a vote of yes or no which the OSC have just carried out, voted yes.

killercbrn
17-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Like you Corred, I have only spoken to one or two people who are actually in favour of the change. However, the vast majority of supporters I do speak to also feel it is not something worth fighting Allam over, and risking destabilising the club at the highest point ever in it's fortunes. I'm in this camp.[/quote]

What, you would rather have a club in turmoil than support the change, well you sir a fool. The soo

southbankirregular
17-01-2014, 03:08 PM

Like you Corred, I have only spoken to one or two people who are actually in favour of the change. However, the vast majority of supporters I do speak to also feel it is not something worth fighting Allam over, and risking destabilising the club at the highest point ever in it's fortunes. I'm in this camp.[/quote]

What, you would rather have a club in turmoil than suppo

killercbrn
17-01-2014, 03:25 PM

corred
17-01-2014, 10:02 PM

Well guess what, so do I, I am one, and I know a fair few who wish he didnt want to change the, however in a vote of yes or no which the OSC have just carried out, voted yes.[/quote]

The OSC are still just a mouthpiece for Allam

killercbrn
18-01-2014, 08:40 AM

I know a number of members of the OSC and so far I have not spoken to rone who is pro change[/quote]

Well guess what, so do I, I am one, and I know a fair few who wish he didnt want to change the, however in a vote of yes or no which the OSC have just carried out, voted yes.[/quote]

The OSC are still just a mouthpiece for Allam[/quote]

I could claim that the CTWD group is just a mouthpiece of disgruntled FC fans who dislike Allam, after he took their pictures down and aired their dirty washing in public about the way the SMC subsidies their club, and resent the fact that he gave their biggest rivals Rovers, ?1m last year, c