PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene & MOTD2

SMsW
19-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Just about to start on BBC1

Watch the diddier teams and realise tht some of the comments on here today were hysterical OTT comments. :)

jimmycaldo
19-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Just about to start on BBC1

Watch the diddier teams and realise tht some of the comments on here today were hysterical OTT comments. :)

Or not

SMsW
19-01-2014, 09:34 PM
The ref at St Johnstone v Hearts made Brines looks like Collina. :O

BertRaccoon
19-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Some shocking decisions

OleOle
19-01-2014, 09:37 PM
That ref in the St. Johnstone v Hearts game was a complete phucking embarrassment. Total joke. Words fail me.

TheAngusBull
19-01-2014, 09:39 PM

Brines didn't affect the game yesterday.

Had an iffy 15 mins when I thought he was going to lose it but truth is he didn't have any big calls to make.

SMsW
19-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Ross County add themselves to the list of clubs who have ripped TSMSTID a new arsehole. :)

SMsW
19-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Had an iffy 15 mins when I thought he was going to lose it but truth is he didn't have any big calls to make.[/quote]

He booked Shaugnessey for his first tackle. Let Shinnie off with at least three bookable offences & (as per usual) stole the limelight with the lecture to Tony Docherty.

But by his standards we got off lightly.

jimmycaldo
19-01-2014, 09:45 PM
The Dundee United keeper loves a dramatic save.

TheAngusBull
19-01-2014, 09:46 PM

Had an iffy 15 mins when I thought he was going to lose it but truth is he didn't have any big calls to make.[/quote]

He booked Shaugnessey for his first tackle. Let Shinnie off with at least three bookable offences & (as per usual) stole the limelight with the lecture to Tony Docherty.

But by his standards we got off lightly.[/quote]

That was his iffy 15 minutes I was thinking about.

SMsW
19-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Collum makes an absolute shocker at easter Road too.

We must have the worst officials ever.

WestCoastDon
19-01-2014, 09:52 PM

But by his standards we got off lightly.[/quote]

On RedTV extended highlights they say after the foul that led to the Doc lecture that Brines it just not good enough and should be let go. classic commentary again from the boys... they should be the official BBC commentary team. A refreshing change.

RedStarTorphins
19-01-2014, 09:55 PM
who the feck was the useless c*nt refereeing the St Johnstone game?

1st St J red card was a yellow
1st St J pen was outside the box
Hearts should've had a pen for a stonewall hand ball.

Dearie me

Inexcusable.

He'll be reffing a top league game next week though

SMsW
19-01-2014, 09:55 PM
On RedTV extended highlights they say after the foul that led to the Doc lecture that Brines it just not good enough and should be let go. classic commentary again from the boys... they should be the official BBC commentary team. A refreshing change.

We sit the row directly in front of them - they are superb :)

OleOle
19-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I wish somebody would blow that stupid sound system at the piggery. Then we wouldn't have to listen to that pishy Depeche Mode sh1te every time the tims score. Really gets on my goat.

WestCoastDon
19-01-2014, 09:59 PM

We sit the row directly in front of them - they are superb :)[/quote]

are they with the rest of the journalists?

SMsW
19-01-2014, 10:01 PM

are they with the rest of the journalists?[/quote]

Aye, usually next to Willie Miller & that reptile Scott Davie at the end of the press row

bucky1973
19-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Don't most players wear black armbands on their left arm ? Noticed that all the Celtic players wore them on their right arms Hope its not them trying to be controversial

boaby81
19-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Pitch looks good.

Wide open spaces in our half.

Well if these "highlights" and God's sporadic interjections on open all mics are an indication then we sucked big style.

WestCoastDon
19-01-2014, 10:11 PM

are they with the rest of the journalists?[/quote]

Aye, usually next to Willie Miller & that reptile Scott Davie at the end of the press row[/quote]

they should sell those ear pieces they sell at rugby and snooker to listen to their commentary at the games.

Oh, and is it just me but I am not getting any data coverage on my phone at any of the grounds for the past 4 months or so.

Grant_Afc
19-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Hearts should've had a pen for a stonewall red.

Dearie me

Inexcusable.

Agreed. Some very strange decisions.

CoveKreep
19-01-2014, 10:27 PM
That was as bad as I remember it.

Loads and loads of corners for us, but not one came to anything worth even showing as a highlight.

Our achilles heel of being vulnerable at home to organised counter-attacking teams is still very much with us by the looks of it - we've just somehow got away with it in several matches that probably could have gone either way.

I trust us much more away from home, when we can be the side that plays like that.

deedon
19-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Don't most players wear black armbands on their left arm ? Noticed that all the Celtic players wore them on their right arms Hope its not them trying to be controversial

Never mind being controversial wearing them on their right arms...why were they wearing them anyway...:?

bucky1973
20-01-2014, 05:51 AM
Bobby Collins died last week ... Leeds United also paid tribute to him They say he was one of the hardest players that ever played the game

Kingdomred
20-01-2014, 08:04 AM

Aye but does he really need to take 5 minutes to yellow card someone, then carefully put his card back in his hipper and his pen down in his sock, then pace out 10 half paces for the defensive wall,point to his whistle,and then blow it. Nae chance of taking a quick free kick with him.Then he has the cheek to only add only 2 minutes at the end of the game that had 6 substitutions.
Caley/Thistle didn't need to waste any time, Brines did enough himself.

WestCoastDon
20-01-2014, 08:28 AM

Aye but does he really need to take 5 minutes to yellow card someone, then carefully put his card back in his hipper and his pen down in his sock, then pace out 10 half paces for the defensive wall,point to his whistle,and then blow it. Nae chance of taking a quick free kick with him.Then he has the cheek to only add only 2 minutes at the end of the game that had 6 substitutions.
Caley/Thistle didn't need to waste any time, Brines did enough himself.[/quote]

10 half paces, stopped two paces behind the caley players and did not even get them to go back any more XD. Old cart horse of a referee.

ForestHills
20-01-2014, 08:32 AM

Loads and loads of corners for us, but not one came to anything worth even showing as a highlight.

Our achilles heel of being vulnerable at home to organised counter-attacking teams is still very much with us by the looks of it - we've just somehow got away with it in several matches that probably could have gone either way.

I trust us much more away from home, when we can be the side that plays like that.

Agreed - I wonder if switching to a 4-4-2 at home if we cannot break a team down would help - it would let the opposition forward and give us space to attack.

The 4-5-1 at home just pushes everyone into the oppositions last 3rd where we fail to create chances with the lack of space - then they hit us on the Counter e.g. ICT and Motherwell recently.

WestCoastDon
20-01-2014, 08:49 AM

Agreed - I wonder if switching to a 4-4-2 at home if we cannot break a team down would help - it would let the opposition forward and give us space to attack.

The 4-5-1 at home just pushes everyone into the oppositions last 3rd where we fail to create chances with the lack of space - then they hit us on the Counter e.g. ICT and Motherwell recently.[/quote]

Last season against Celtic, we did the same as these teams are doing to us. In fact, we

caleebra
21-01-2014, 07:41 AM

Hearts should've had a pen for a stonewall hand ball.

Dearie me

Inexcusable.

XD XD he was brutal, made the game look like a pub game! I was actually laughing at those highlights. Two of the goals were top quality Sunday amateur style as well XD

OleOle
21-01-2014, 09:58 AM
XD XD he was brutal, made the game look like a pub game! I was actually laughing at those highlights.wo of the goals were top quality Sunday amateur style as well XD

Arthur Montford would have been in his element commentating on that. He could have used his favourite word "stramash" all afternoon.

aleale
21-01-2014, 01:12 PM
How goods the Pittodrie pitch looking compare to rest of SPFL and even a good few Premiership clubs, well done ground staff.

OleOle
26-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Another incompetent BITB denies Hibs a blatant penalty against timothy >:(

RedStarTorphins
26-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Craig Thomson our No.1 ref?!

F*ck off he is.

And he can take that gay little hop he does when he stops running to f*ck

RedStarTorphins
26-01-2014, 09:48 PM
I say it every time I see Pat Nevin, but he's an annoying little ratty wee b@stard...and he rarely praises Aberdeen.

I can't stand the wee Celtic nyaff...don't buy that Hibs pish...he's a bitter wee Dhim b@stard

rustlinsweetiepapers
26-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Another incompetent BITB denies Hibs a blatant penalty against timothy >:(

Not 'another BITB', the same Craig Thomson ('our best offical') who, as I said in another thread today, turned down a stonewall penalty for handball against us the other Friday but gave a free kick for the same offence, against the same player today from which Celtic scored. Butcher made the same point after the game.

rustlinsweetiepapers
26-01-2014, 10:10 PM
How goods the Pittodrie pitch looking compare to rest of SPFL and even a good few Premiership clubs, well done ground staff.

Absolutely. I've shut up about it as my recent comments have prompted questions as to whether I will be appearing as a guest on the Beechgrove Potting Shed. But sprinklers on a green carpet in January before the game against Hibs and at half time - amazing. And compare that to the sink estate school playing field at Mothertwell yesterday.

OleOle
26-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I say it every time I see Pat Nevin, but he's an annoying little ratty wee b@stard...and he rarely praises Aberdeen.

I can't stand the wee Celtic nyaff...don't buy that Hibs pish...he's a bitter wee Dhim b@stard

You're right, min. He's becoming a more and more nauseating little dhim chunt by the week.

The assault on Jack was deemed to be ok by the *******s on there tonight. They were more concerned about Anderson handling the ball into the net.

PittodrieGoesBerserk
26-01-2014, 10:56 PM

You're right, min. He's becoming a more and more nauseating little dhim chunt by the week.

The assault on Jack was deemed to be ok by the *******s on there tonight. They were more concerned about Anderson handling the ball into the net.[/quote]

The irony is you two actually sound like paranoid tims.

It wasn't a sending off and it was a hand ball.

kieranred
27-01-2014, 06:37 AM
love how anderson just thew his whole body at the goal, dedicated!:heart:

dosn`t care for himself only team, such a big goal!

OleOle
27-01-2014, 07:36 AM

The assault on Jack was deemed to be ok by the *******s on there tonight. They were more concerned about Anderson handling the ball into the net.[/quote]

It wasn't a sending off and it was a hand ball.[/quote]

Did anybody here say it wasn't a hand ball by Anderson ? No, didn't think so.

The irony is that you come across as a Hutchinson and ref sympathiser.

Bridieeater
27-01-2014, 07:48 AM

It wasn't a sending off and it was a hand ball.[/quote]

Did anybody here say it wasn't a hand ball by Anderson ? No, didn't think so.

The irony is that you come across as a Hutchinson and ref sympathiser.[/quote]

Hard challenge but never in the month of sundays is it a se

WestCoastDon
27-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Hard challenge but never in the month of sundays is it a sending off.

The thing about this site is that no matter what the event at football, there will always be some people that take the exact opposite view to others.

I believe that the player should have been sent off. This was not a player that ran a couple yards to get to Jack. He ran 5 or 6 yards. He would have been almost at full speed when he put in the tackle.

I think people are just looking a the tackle in isolation, as shown by the zooming in of the incident on the television. However, this is slowed down and does not show the whole incident.

People are saying that it was unlucky that he was injured... must have been how he fell... or he twisted himself etc. If you have had someone run at you for 5 to 6 yards are full pelt and challenge you like this few people would have not been injured. Also the ability to time a tackle like this at the speed he was doing is a

aleale
27-01-2014, 11:57 AM
The distance that Hutchinson slid to make the challenge on Jack would suggest he wasn't in complete control of his body, and I think a red would of been justified.

PitchMick2013
27-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Just watched the highlights online. Good result and looks like we had most of the chances which is also a good sign.

Hutcheson's tackle on Jack was just a yellow in my opinion. Also think we were lucky that Anderson's equaliser was allowed to stand, could have gone either way.

Langfield was sh1te for the 2nd goal. Can't believe there are still people who stick up for this goofball.

thestooge
27-01-2014, 12:22 PM
Langfield was sh1te for the 2nd goal. Can't believe there are still people who stick up for this goofball.

Just for clarity, how would you order culpability for the 2nd goal?

In my view, at most, Langfield is the third most responsible, possibly fourth and Anderson is the most responsible by considerable distance.

As for the tackle, I think it's the classic example of where it's open to interpretation. If an Aberdeen player makes that tackle at Celtic Park, he's off, fan reaction, ref incompetence, whatever, it's a straight red, guaranteed.

Referees take the easy option almost every time. A two footed tackle will almost always result in a red now, even though its likely to be far less dangerous than the lunging, scissors assault on Jack. Even a fairly high, crunching two footed tackle is likely going to be absorbed in shin pads, whereas the other sort is always unprotected, normally off balance and from a blind si

CoveKreep
27-01-2014, 12:31 PM

In my view, at most, Langfield is the third most responsible, possibly fourth and Anderson is the most responsible by considerable distance.[/quote]

The second goal was a shocker.

I think Anier had just come on, and there seemed to be some confusion between Considine and Reynolds over who was picking him up.

In the event neither did and he was allowed free reign to drive a dangerous cross into the box.

Russell was well placed to cut it out, but hesitated for some reason.

This left two Motherwell players, Joe and Clangers in the middle, but it should never have got that far in the first place.

PitchMick2013
27-01-2014, 12:48 PM

In my view, at most, Langfield is the third most responsible[/quote]

I'm nae going to argue with you about it min, you have your opinion about Langfield and I have mine ;)

thestooge
27-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Nae asking for an argument, just think it's odd to highlight Langfield at that particular goal when Ando is clearly ball watching and his man lumbers in the score in heaps of space and at his leisure, and the winger is allowed time and space to deliver a great cross totally unchallenged with both Conso and Reynolds seemingly confused as to who is doing what.

Even is Langfield is better positioned and comes for it, he's going to be challenged for it by two strikers.

Joe is also beaten to the ball but the four Dons in front of him should have dealt with it by then so, although he still doesn't cover himself in glory, he's the least responsible in this instance.

PitchMick2013
27-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Instead of partaking in some goalkeeping - the art of trying to keep the ball out of the net with your hands, Langfield simply falls on his @rse.

Aye, Reynolds could have done better on the left and aye, Anderson could have done better in the middle, but that's nae the point.

I'm nae comparing Langfield to Anderson or Reynolds. I'm talking specifically about Langfield's part in the goal, which was a shambles, as usual.

Girniedon
27-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Quite sure that if Langfield went for it he would have been severely clattered.
Nothing to be gained by this postmortem. If he was at fault, and I'm not saying he was, it was offset by the excellent save in the first half.

:( :(

Be happy with the performance and the point.

TheRealSLYFOX
27-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Any ball across the face of the goal 4 yards out should be the keepers ball. Anderson clearly stopped and after the goal was holding out his arm as if upset about something. Did Langfield shout for the ball then not come for it?

As for saying he would have been clattered. WTF? That's part of his job (see Leighton J, last ever game for The Dons)

Arctic_Flunky
27-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I personally reckon it's Anderson to blame, though Langfield doesn't look good in all of it.

A fairly slow paced ball played from right out on the wing into the six yard box. The centre backs chasing back into the box with the attackers. It's fairly clear there's a ball coming into the box from the winger.

The sensible thing for the defender to do is to move across infront of the attackers and block any ball along the ground. Anderson didn't do this for some reason.

OhioRed
27-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I can see both sides of the Langfield debate on this goal.

Yes, when the ball comes across, that close in and at that height, the keeper should get it. But in all honesty I doubt there are more than 2 or 3 keepers in the SPFL who would have got that.

Langfield doesn't have the kind of bottle to risk being injured by incoming players, never has had. He has good reactions and is reasonably agile, but has poor positional sense, and can't catch a ball to save his life.

He was never getting that ball yesterday, and the defence probably know that. They should not have allowed the cross in the first place.

So Langfield culpable? Yes, but no more than several other people.

I don't suppose we will, but it would be nice to find a brave keeper who can actually grab the ball instead of just fending it and hoping for the best.

thestooge
27-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Langfield doesn't have the kind of bottle to risk being injured by incoming players, never has had.

Really?

I can remember him getting his head caved in by Kenny Miller vs Rangers for starters.

He also got his face smashed by that galoot Diamond too.