PDA

View Full Version : Orange Cards

LiAmOfRuFc
21-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Apologies if already posted, has anybody else seen this?

'Fifa presidential candidate Jerome Champagne has suggested introducing orange cards that would allow referees to send players to a sin-bin.

The Frenchman, 55, launched his bid to succeed Sepp Blatter as the world governing body's president on Monday.

He also wants to punish teams when players question officials and hopes football will consider using more technology for key decisions.'

Not sure I like the idea to be honest, I think there's a risk it would actually encourage the behaviours it aims to stamp out in the sense that players would be prepared risk being shown a card etc. if they know they'll get to come back on. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25811977)

fivetide
21-01-2014, 10:17 PM
I posted something about it a while ago.

I think it is a good idea. As said, if a player gets sin binned it gives the opposition a chance to press an advantage (like power play in ice hockey) rather than the next team they play getting a 90 minute benefit (as when Pringle got suspended for too many yellows).

Worth a shot IMHO

millertop
22-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Not convinced about the sin bin, didn't we have that dissent rule in and they chose to take it out :/

ExeterMiller
22-01-2014, 08:17 AM
U8's football - boys are moaning at referees. They get this from TV (not so much live games as too far away, and most boys don't see live football). TV needs delaying, to stop showing this - they have to take some responsibility

Players - get lost in the heat of the moment, it's understandable, they shouldn't be expected to behave like robots. However there is over stepping the line, and I think that has to be clearly defined, along with an orange - which is long overdue imo.

Diving is worse, it should be an instant red card and 10 game ban. Let's see how many cheats we have then.

millmoormagic
22-01-2014, 11:14 AM
U8's football - boys are moaning at referees. They get this from TV (not so much live games as too far away, and most boys don't see live football). TV needs delaying, to stop showing this - they have to take some responsibility

Players - get lost in the heat of the moment, it's understandable, they shouldn't be expected to behave like robots. However there is over stepping the line, and I think that has to be clearly defined, along with an orange - which is long overdue imo.

Diving is worse, it should be an instant red card and 10 game ban. Let's see how many cheats we have then.

U8'S football, boys don't get it from tv mate, they get it from their parents, a lack of respect, simple as that, the referees also have a responsibilty, they just have to uphold the laws of the game, simple.

As i said above, referees, at EVERY level should uphold the laws of the game, referees who don't put up with dissent, at ANY level, are in

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
22-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Agree with ExeterMiller regarding diving, also if the dive doesn't get picked up on during the game the ten game ban should be issued after.