PDA

View Full Version : Collymore: Twitter Trolls

MNE1976
22-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Stan Collymore has lambasted Twitter for not tackling the problem of abusive tweets on its platform after the former England footballer once again became the victim of online abuse.

Staffordshire Police said on Tuesday evening that they are investigating offensive messages sent to Collymore, many of which the former Nottingham Forest striker had already retweeted to his 503,000 followers. The abuse started after the talkSPORT pundit suggested that Liverpool striker Luis Suarez had dived during Saturdaya€™s game at Anfield against Aston Villa.

Collymore posted: "In the last 24 hours I've been threatened with murder several times, demeaned on my race, and many of these accounts are still active. Why?"

"I accuse Twitter directly of not doing enough to combat racist/homophobic /***ist hate messages, all of which are illegal in the UK."

full article in link:- - [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/21/stan-collymore-piers-morgan-twitter-abuse_n_4640519.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk%

icecreamman
22-01-2014, 01:47 PM
What do you expect, they're from Liverpool.

birminghamborn
23-01-2014, 09:30 PM
I see his old slapper Ulrika was out this morning claiming her Pound of Flesh, why carn't people just move on, he made a stupid mistake in a pub many years ago, does the guy have to pay for this until he goes to his grave?

MissWinnie
24-01-2014, 02:27 PM
To be fair to Ulrika, BB, I understand that it was more than a moment of madness in the pub, and that she experienced a fair bit of psychological abuse during their 'relationship', so I can understand her anger when seeing him get hot under the collar about bullying. She'll have had to live with the impact of having someone who claimed to care about her doing that for quite some time, so although he should be allowed to move on, I think he needs to be big enough to take her reaction on the chin, and accept it with some humility.

Having said that, he does have a point about Twitter, and if he succeeds in getting them to sharpen up their act, then all due credit to him. My concern is not so much about Collymore - he's big enough and ugly enough to take care of himself, and he can just stop using it. My concern is about the more vulnerable in society - ****agers, for example, who may not have the resources to deal with it. It is heartbreaking to hear about suicides committed by young pe

yubbywelch
25-01-2014, 03:27 AM
Collymore is a twitt er

av4ever
25-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Using such a wide reaching medium accessed by the general public the chances are their might be just the odd idiot about and should it not be expected or is it just to get/stay in the public eye.

xchurchVilla
27-01-2014, 06:54 PM
[quote="MissWinnie"]To be fair to Ulrika, BB, I understand that it was more than a moment of madness in the pub, and that she experienced a fair bit of psychological abuse during their 'relationship', so I can understand her anger when seeing him get hot under the collar about bullying. She'll have had to live with the impact of having someone who claimed to care about her doing that for quite some time, so although he should be allowed to move on, I think he needs to be big enough to take her reaction on the chin, and accept it with some humility.

Having said that, he does have a point about Twitter, and if he succeeds in getting them to sharpen up their act, then all due credit to him. My concern is not so much about Collymore - he's big enough and ugly enough to take care of himself, and he can just stop using it. My concern is about the more vulnerable in society - ****agers, for example, who may not have the resources to deal with it. It is heartbreak