PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Ryder, autobiography

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
22-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm reading this at the moment. Holy phuck XD

What a life that guy has had. He tells you in the book to watch the video for 'Wrote For Luck' and to see just how out of it he was during that period. :s

They even gave all the crowd eckeez to get them in the mood. :D - view external link (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh2t7_happy-mondays-wrote-for-luck-remix_news)

BertrandRussell
22-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Love that video - it's obvious he isn't putting it on.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
22-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Love that video - it's obvious he isn't putting it on.

Woly, I was probably in a similar state when I last watched it 24 years ago. Didn't realise just how out of it he was when I watch it now.

His book is a great read btw, even though I wasn't their biggest fan.

JimmyHaze
22-01-2014, 02:45 PM
I was a big Mondays fan back in the day, saw them live a few times. The book is good.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
22-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I was probably guilty of comparing them to Stone Roses.

JimmyHaze
22-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I loved the roses too but the Mondays for me I really identified with at the time even more than the roses

DeeMo
22-01-2014, 02:55 PM
I was a big Mondays fan back in the day, saw them live a few times. The book is good. did you get free eckeez ? :)

JimmyHaze
22-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I was a big Mondays fan back in the day, saw them live a few times. The book is good. did you get free eckeez ? :)[/quote]

I was only on water

happytim
22-01-2014, 03:34 PM
i was around during the happy mondays, stone roses era. some of the music was good but not good enough, quite atmospheric without real energy, good days though with some good memories.

think the mondays were a bit overrated though.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
22-01-2014, 03:35 PM
It's a miracle Shaun Ryder is still alive.

Mook1
22-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Used to love the Mondays, don't think they've stood the test of time all that well though, Shaun Ryder is a grade A nutball.

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
22-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Used to love the Mondays, don't think they've stood the test of time all that well though, Shaun Ryder is a grade A nutball.

He tells a story of shaggin' a burd in New York and how she was beggin' him to 'hurt her'. This went on for ages and she told him he wasn't hurting her enough, so he phucked her awr the heid wae an ashtray. XD

tartanscone1314
22-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Ive never even heard of him :(

Mook1
22-01-2014, 04:01 PM

He tells a story of shaggin' a burd in New York and how she was beggin' him to 'hurt her'. This went on for ages and she told him he wasn't hurting her enough, so he phucked her awr the heid wae an ashtray. XD[/quote]

:D

I remember a story about them scoring some crack about 20 minutes after they'd arrived in New York, no idea how much truth there was in it...

1995_Oh_My_Sides_
22-01-2014, 04:03 PM

He tells a story of shaggin' a burd in New York and how she was beggin' him to 'hurt her'. This went on for ages and she told him he wasn't hurting her enough, so he phucked her awr the heid wae an ashtray. XD[/quote]

:D

I remember a story about them scoring some crack about 20 minutes after they'd arrived in New York, no idea how much truth there was in it...[/quote]

He tells that one in the book. He had a gun put to his head in that deal.

swaddon
22-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Bez had a book out years ago as well, that was a fairly good read.

manofsteel
22-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Lol, had a ticket to see them a few months back, heard all the stories about how they never got on stage before midnight etc, it said on the ticket that curfew was at 10, in our drunken state and in the knowlledge that themain turn was always late, we turned up at quarter to ten only to be told. That the gig had finished. Lol, 33 down the swanee. XD

swaddon
22-01-2014, 09:23 PM
The Mondays once only did about 10 minutes in a gig because Shaun was convinced in his drug-addled state that they'd been on for ages.

bluek
22-01-2014, 09:26 PM

Owf XD
Was always gonnae be a good read