PDA

View Full Version : JIMMY & JACK STATUE FUND ...

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
22-01-2014, 03:51 PM
So a week tomorrow there will be 300/400 die hards Notts fans in the meadow lane sports bar all facing the stage for the Derry/Abbott night.
Yet the chair of the committee [Malcolm] comes on here and recently says regarding a money raising auction.

"Nothing is definite, things are trying to be planned but a lot depends on other people, their availability etc".

Looks to me like another opportunity missed !

jurgenpie
22-01-2014, 07:35 PM
So many missed opportunities :-(

MIGHTYMURPHY1862
22-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Jurgen, As you well know from both of ours time on the comittee, the fund is very much restricted with what activities it does, which makes it very difficult.

However i do agree that maybe oppurtunities have been missed, however the ammount that we have raised so far is still a great achievement, and all of the VOLUNTEERS should all be very proud of their inputs to achieve this ammount.

We will get their eventually and it will be a very significant day in the clubs history when the statue is unveiled !!

#COYP
#SDBAWA

mdv47
23-01-2014, 06:36 PM

Jurgen, As you well know from both of ours time on the comittee, the fund is very much restricted with what activities it does, which makes it very difficult.

However i do agree that maybe oppurtunities have been missed, however the ammount that we have raised so far is still a great achievement, and all of the VOLUNTEERS should all be very proud of their inputs to achieve this ammount.

We will get their eventually and it will be a very significant day in the clubs history when the statue is unveiled !!

#COYP
#SDBAWA[/quote]

Hi Dave
As you know it is so easy to criticise for doing nothing,when in fact a lot is happening in the background,the J&J committee are doing their utmost, in their own time, using every resource that they can beg, steal, or borrow, without incurring any costs if we can.

I have more or less given up with this site, apa

Elite_Pie
23-01-2014, 06:51 PM
As you know it is so easy to criticise for doing nothing,when in fact a lot is happening in the background,the J&J committee are doing their utmost, in their own time, using every resource that they can beg, steal, or borrow, without incurring any costs if we can.

Malc, while I respect what you're doing, the claim that you are "using every resource that they can beg, steal, or borrow" is just not true. I'm talking about the autographed Man U football that sold on ebay for a relative pittance recently. There were many constructive ideas put forward on here to maximise the selling price. All of them were ignored. It's easy to criticise me because all I've done is get my on the plinth, but if you put yourself forward for this role then surely you should listen to and act on constructive ideas.

mdv47
23-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Malc, while I respect what you're doing, the claim that you are "using every resource that they can beg, steal, or borrow" is just not true. I'm talking about the autographed Man U football that sold on ebay for a relative pittance recently. There were many constructive ideas put forward on here to maximise the selling price. All of them were ignored. It's easy to criticise me because all I've done is get my on the plinth, but if you put yourself forward for this role then surely you should listen to and act on constructive ideas.[/quote]

Look mate, i am not playing this out on a message board, it is too important f

Elite_Pie
23-01-2014, 07:11 PM
I have made a boo-boo, possibly, with the Man Utd football.

Fair enough, I admire your honesty. Good luck in hitting the target, I am really looking forward to the unveiling.

mdv47
23-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I have made a boo-boo, possibly, with the Man Utd football.

Fair enough, I admire your honesty. Good luck in hitting the target, I am really looking forward to the unveiling.[/quote

In defence, the sentence that you have highlighted "I have made a boo-boo, possibly, with the Man Utd football" just epitomises all that is wrong on this message board, People on here would sooner listen to what johnny t or any tom, dick, or happy magpie would care to say, with complete disregard for the actual reality of what is, or in some cases, what is not being done.

Believe me mate, any other club throughout this League would give there right arm to have a history that we have, and personally we have our own two heroes Jimmy and Jack, just wish the detractors would realise this, get on board and put the cash where their mouth is!