PDA

View Full Version : Best 5-A-Side Team

FasyerDadi
24-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Long time Don and reader of this forum but thought i'd register to get your views on the above.

Few of my mates are thinking about entering a 5-a-side team at goals.
What's the standard like?
Anyone play down there?
Who are the best teams to watch out for?

jmophoto
24-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Used to play down there. One or two things

They're not as strict with the rules as they should be. Might sound like a good thing, but it puts teams at a disadvantage.

Ground is hard as f*ck.

They overinflate the balls and it actually hurts to kick them. I was generally keeper, and one of those balls broke my wrist from impact and it wasn't even a hard shot. Like lumps of stone.

FasyerDadi
24-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Cheers for the advice.

I've heard some of the teams can be quite rough and the refs are pretty poor generally.

Marco1903
24-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Refs are horrendous.

Depending on what league you are in, you may get 7 shades of sh!t kicked out of you.

Some teams try to play football and if you do, the other team are there hoofing you off the ball.

RedArmy83
24-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I used to play 6-a-sides at Kaimhill on a Sunday night until around a year ago and it was always a really good standard. Refs were fair(ish), big pitch is split into four with typical 7-a-side goals used. It was 40 quid a week when I played there, might have risen/dropped since then but not too sure.

I've played at Banks o' Dee on a Sunday a few times aswell. It was a good standard for a 'kick about' although maybe a bit too good at times. Was chasing after nippy wee sh1tes a lot of the time, legs were stiff the following day!

AFC14
24-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Long time Don and reader of this forum but thought i'd register to get your views on the above.

Few of my mates are thinking about entering a 5-a-side team at goals.
What's the standard like?
Anyone play down there?
Who are the best teams to watch out for?

Avoid it. The standard is OK. Some truly terrible teams, some are pretty good, check the league tables and go from there depending on what you want, competitive or a stroll.

But yeah, avoid. We got accused of not paying one week. We absolutely had, and I was getting badgered with texts/emails saying that we owed them. I asked, why don't you check the CCTV...they don't even have CCTV on the desk! Was too much of a hassle and it was just a bit pricey, 40... :/

kieranred
25-01-2014, 02:40 AM
i organised/captained a team down there for 4 years and loved every minute.:heart:

Brilliant way to get fit, have a laugh, meet new folk if you want. staff are friendly imo.

need to get enough people to split the cost 38 quid, also get agreement on sub i.e. how long on pitch

on night shift now so miss it quite alot.

tamzarian
25-01-2014, 02:06 PM
The key to success in the Goals leagues is to recruit a defender who'll repeatedly kick opposing players up in the air, and who's good pals with all the referees.

A good keeper is invaluable too.

scobiemacd
25-01-2014, 02:28 PM
1. Get folk who are reiable and wont phone you on the day saying they're not well and other such p1sh.Or worse just not turnng up. Spoils it for everyone. selfish fu.cks.

2. Eventually you'll end up in a league at your level.

3.Enjoy it.