PDA

View Full Version : This North South divide,who's cocky now!

ExCricketfieldCasual
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Got a bit of rain have we?

TheLonePoster
02-02-2014, 10:28 PM
bit of a dickhead, are you?

Quattro
02-02-2014, 10:45 PM
This flooding is shocking, and terrible for those affected, but when it's been bad up north, in places like Todmorden and Hebden Bridge, and business owners were losing stock several times in a short period, which jeopardised livelihoods, the media didn't give a toss!

Given the reply to the OP, and given that I haven't watched the news in any detail, I can only assume that there us much more to it than I am aware of.

Grogmir
02-02-2014, 11:16 PM
The floods in Hebden did make the national news.

ColdPieWarmBeer
02-02-2014, 11:36 PM
The latest attempt at inspiring bowel evacuation amongst it's viewers was the non-report that stagnant flood water contains sixty times more bacteria than that of sea water (or summat'?), complete with an indescrpt bloke in a white lab jacket holding up a petri dish with cultured bacteria for viewers to see that they, of course, definitely, completely, absolutely, know what they're looking at.

Well $hit! That'll make me think twice before drinking directly from a puddle or wading through two feet of flood water with an open wound on my leg.

Thanks, Sky News! Saved my arse, you did!

Johnwinstonlennon
02-02-2014, 11:48 PM
its grim down south...:blue:

Quicknick
03-02-2014, 07:34 AM
It's even raining right down south here in Lagos, Portugal and I've got to go shopping on my motorbike! :(

The Bedlington Terrier
03-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Soft, southern bar-stewards! Man up and learn to swim! Serious bad news however and I truly hope our useless Government can unleash some money and visit Holland for serious advice on how to cope with rain water. Hope no Clarets are affected?

ExCricketfieldCasual
03-02-2014, 06:44 PM
bit of a dickhead,are you?oh yes

Boliclaret
04-02-2014, 09:51 AM
What this needs is a smug politician to tell them all that they should relocate to Hull.

BIGTELMFC
04-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Still not as bad as burnley XD XD XD

NickBFC
04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Big Tel, are you related to Hard Man? Just wondered like.

BIGTELMFC
04-02-2014, 04:51 PM
not trying to be hard nick, just remember we pay your benefits. ;D

The Bedlington Terrier
04-02-2014, 05:17 PM
Just remember Cocker that you southern barstards nick all of our loot to pay for the Thames Barrier to keep you lot all warm and dry and constantly provide millions of jobs for a shower of southern shoite that don't deserve it!

NickBFC
04-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Funny thing is Tel, I am Sussex born and bred - I probably pay yours ;D You need to try harder.

culmclaret
05-02-2014, 01:59 PM
It is not so much of a north/south divide as a north and west/south and east divide. The south west is treated with as much contempt by London as the north and has some of the lowest average household incomes of anywhere in the country.

Grogmir
05-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Indeed Culmclaret. Pretty much the same distance from London to Burnley as it is from London to Plymouth. Certainly quicker and easier to get to Burnley and at least people in Burnley can afford houses. The SW is very bad for average wage compared to house prices...

Still it doesn't fit with the cliched "We get no coverage when its bad up here" posts. Remind me.. How many Hundreds of Thousands of homes lost power in Hebden?

But then, I met someone from London recently that didn't even know where Southampton was. So you know. Its really just outside the M25 That they couldn't give a t0ss.

Grrrr. We all hate Nodnol ;)