PDA

View Full Version : Man City V Chelsea

tony260674
03-02-2014, 08:57 PM
A tactical masterclass from Mourinho.
If Mourinho was manager of City, they would be 15 points clear.
De Michelis and Nasastic wouldn't get into my millers side on Saturday.
England could do something in Brazil this summer, if they have Cahill and Terry at the heart of the defence.

loyalmiller
03-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Is Terry still in the England set up? Don't really follow what happens with England but have a vague recollection of him retiring from international football.

Probably wrong though..

jolly_roger
03-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Dreadful game

Even Mike Dean wasn't doing his usual comedy routine.

Best league in the world?

Never in a million years.

tony260674
03-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Is Terry still in the England set up? Don't really follow what happens with England but have a vague recollection of him retiring from international football.

Probably wrong though..

He did Loyal, time for Woy to ask him to come back. If they can stop City in full flow, they can stop Italy and Uruguay.

loyalmiller
03-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Agreed Jolly!

What gets me is Tyler creaming his pants at how good the match was...

millmoormagic
03-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Dreadful game

I posted on a thread at the weekend about fans knowing nothing about football, and you've just confirmed it.

tony260674
03-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Technically the game was excellent. Excitement?? Not so much.

loyalmiller
03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Unfair that, millmoormagic. The guy's had an opinion that the game was 'dreadful' which I agree with. Now that's our opinion and doesn't mean we know nothing about football..

millertop
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I've seen a lot better from City and Kompany should have seen a red

jolly_roger
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Dreadful game

I posted on a thread at the weekend about fans knowing nothing about football, and you've just confirmed it.[/quote]

So it's my fault that you're easily pleased? XD

millmoormagic
03-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Unfair that, millmoormagic. The guy's had an opinion that the game was 'dreadful' which I agree with. Now that's our opinion and doesn't mean we know nothing about football..

well, yes it does, surely? two teams just played a fast paced and quite tactical game, and although not the best game ive ever seen by a long way, the standard at which those players are playing at is as far and away from 'dreadful' as you can get, maybe not enough up and at em type stuff for you and jolly then...

tony260674
03-02-2014, 09:41 PM

well, yes it does, surely? two teams just played a fast paced and quite tactical game, and although not the best game ive ever seen by a long way, the standard at which those players are playing at is as far and away from 'dreadful' as you can get, maybe not enough up and at em type stuff for you and jolly then...[/quote]
Exactly right

loyalmiller
03-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Millmoormagic mate, it's all about opinions, I personally thought it was a poor match to watch, two equally matched teams cancelling each other out, but that's just my opinion and again I say it doesn't mean I know nothing about football.

You, on the other hand thought it was a good match to watch, that's your opinion and also it doesn't mean you know nothing about football.

Can't we just agree to differ?

tony260674
03-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Loyal I have seen Sunday league games that were entertaining and I have seen El Classicos that weren't. That match was technically excellent. The tactical prowess of Mourinho is unrivalled.
It is also worth remembering that there were 43 shots on goal in the game. I am not sure I have ever seen a Millers game with that many shots.

loyalmiller
03-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Tony, Fair comment, but it's just your opinion over mine and opinions can't be wrong, they just differ.

Can't comment on Millers games cos I unashamedly admit to only watching one team and only add our attempts to my memory banks ;-D

wickersley__miller
04-02-2014, 01:49 AM
3/22 English players. Madness.

The same journo's/pundits saying how good Man City's team is are the same people who will moan how bad England are at the World Cup. The FA really has to do something - the numbers of English players starting for the top teams is a disgrace.

walter10
04-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Dreadful game

The top 2 teams in Spain and Germany probably edge our best couple of teams now.

But the Premiership is by far the best league in the world every aspect. I travel regularly in the Far East, China, Middle East and have friends in Australia and USA - it is the most watched league in the world. You see all our Premiership clubs shirt in every sports shop - the only other shirts you see are Bayern, Barca and Real.

It is why the world mega rich come here to buy up our iconic clubs. And for some it gives them a relatively cheap platform for worldwide marketing. You may not like it. You may prefer English clubs to be supported by blokes who live within walking distance of the ground but the truth is we have a world game we should be proud of.

fivetide
04-02-2014, 08:44 AM
3/22 English players. Madness.

The same journo's/pundits saying how good Man City's team is are the same people who will moan how bad England are at the World Cup. The FA really has to do something - the numbers of English players starting for the top teams is a disgrace.

like it.

There should also be a spot on button.

Even the poorer teams are spending all their cash on foreign players. So at no level of the Prem are you seeing good youngsters playing regular football.

This is why England are picking players in the big teams reserves. It is also why, no matter who is in the defence, England aren't likely to do much at the World Cup. Sorry but at least there will be one match for everyone to gather round a pub TV for.