PDA

View Full Version : Colchester pitch

deano_83
06-02-2014, 04:54 PM
For those travelling down on Saturday and setting off early for a few beers like us at around 8.30-9am, Colchester have been made aware they need to make a decision if the game is on or not to consider Millers fans.

They tweeted today they will update everyone in plenty of time and had special rain covers arriving to help protect their pitch which has been a bit of a boggy mess in the past couple of seasons during the winter.

Weather is worse down there than up here from people I've spoken to.

Littlest_Hobo
06-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I have just been to Felixstowe and the rain is lashing, normally takes me about 1hr 45mins but today it was 2hr 20m due to poor visibility around Ipswich - I hope as its a newish pitch they are prepared as its forecast non-stop till Sunday according to Town Radio (Ipswich).

millertop
06-02-2014, 06:39 PM
It's been a rubbish pitch with all the rain they've been having only played 3 games but like Deano says, got covers delivered today so hopeful it's on

NeztheMiller
06-02-2014, 06:39 PM
I hope that nobody has a wasted journey down there with the game being called off late, but my biggest worry is that the game goes ahead but with a pitch that is in a right state.

Quite surprisingly, the south have had the worst of the weather this winter and there are some horrible muddy pitches, as was the case at London Road last night.

We've got a squad capable of playing some great flowing football but that could be well and truly nullified on a heavy pitch, so I would rather the game gets called off than to have our football lowered to the level of a slog through the mud.

On a good even/level pitch we can beat anyone in this division, but in the mud it will be a leveller, and the game could go either way. :/

Get them rain covers on you Colchester groundsmen.

millertop
06-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Even if pitch is playable you still have to get there, ATM trains are cancelled and Colchester is gridlocked

NeztheMiller
06-02-2014, 06:52 PM
"We've got an outstanding playing surface" says the Colchester chairman, according to what Steve Evans has just said on dee-daa. :O

We shall see.

mygiddypant
06-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Steve has just been interviewed on radio D-D. Says Colchester have covered the pitch until Sat'day and that the prospects of the game going ahead are excellent.
Hope so, at 60 miles this is my 'local'!

UTM!

frogmiller
06-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Steve has just been interviewed on radio D-D. Says Colchester have covered the pitch until Sat'day and that the prospects of the game going ahead are excellent.

UTM!

Another Matchthread without Giddy :blue:

mikemiller
06-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Weather report (Thurs night)- chucking it down in Essex at the moment (Has been raining quite heavily for most of the day)

onlynorfolkmiller
06-02-2014, 09:09 PM
You driving down Giddy or joining the Norfolk branch on the train from Norwich?

millertop
06-02-2014, 09:45 PM

I would check with the trains, there was no service between Norwich and Colchester with this weather today

pip_y
06-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Have no fear, we will Revell in the mud!

sawmiller
06-02-2014, 10:26 PM
If the surface is very heavy going, I wonder which teams' style of play it will suit better?

riccallmiller
06-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Have no fear, we have hardly excelled on a very good surface at the NYS. I think we will win 2.0 pringle and adams.

mygiddypant
06-02-2014, 11:32 PM

Driving. Norwich is another 30 miles. Is there a group of Millers in Norwich?

mygiddypant
06-02-2014, 11:34 PM

UTM!

Another Matchthread without Giddy :blue:[/quote]

I'll be with you in spirit Froggy :)

NeztheMiller
07-02-2014, 12:42 AM

Driving. Norwich is another 30 miles. Is there a group of Millers in Norwich?[/quote]

Not according to his username there aren't, he's the only one. ;)

mikemiller
07-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Essex weather report Friday 8.20 am - still fairly heavy rain

gm_gm
07-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Hope it is on after the issues we had a few seasons ago.

Think it was Bristol and Plymouth where the match was "defo on" as well

dansk
07-02-2014, 08:28 AM

UTM!

Another Matchthread without Giddy :blue:[/quote]

Don't fret, Frog. I will be there to give a few score predictions. :-)

rufc1986
07-02-2014, 09:02 AM
I think I will be the only Miller hoping the match is off!!

We've booked to watch RUFC on the Saturday, then fly straight out to Madrid for Real's game against Villareal on Sunday. The ****** has now been brought forward 24hrs to Saturday 7pm, to help them out with their Copa Del Ray game on Tuesday.

There is no way I'd miss the Millers for that, so it looks like Alcorcan v Mallorca on the Sunday instead.

Whichever way, it's going to cost me a fortune with changed Flights/missing the match!!

millertop
07-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Players setting off today, hope it's not a wasted journey

mikemiller
07-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Weather update - it's stopped raining (at last) - blue skies over South Essex!

onlynorfolkmiller
07-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Driving. Norwich is another 30 miles. Is there a group of Millers in Norwich?[/quote]

Not according to his username there aren't, he's the only one. ;)[/quote]

I assumed I was the only one when I set this account up many years ago! There's at least two members now as I'm going with my 6 year old. Still trying to persuade him the Premiership and Carrow Rd is not the way to go. Bought the train tickets ages ago so it's a historical day out if the game's off! Beautiful sunny day here at the moment.

angliamiller
07-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Not bright and sunny here on the coast in Gt. Yarmouth but at least the rain has stopped

deano_83
07-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Colchester's twitter - pitch very heavy but covers are on. Update later today..

WorcestershireMiller
07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Better be on, but saying that we have had down here 51 days where rain has fallen at some point within the 24hrs so i would understand why it wasnt on, and still the storm to come in overnight here also doesnt bode well.

quite a drive for us but worth it!!! another new ground to scratch off as well, and hopefully a win!!!!

millertop
07-02-2014, 12:44 PM
According to weather, rain then sunny intervals but rain all through night, rain Saturday morning then sunny so I'd say there's a chance it will be on but the pitch won't be very good.
Maybe our players would benefit training on a muddy beach somewhere XD

vespabri
07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
All the beaches are flooded pal.

bradthemiller
07-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Pitch inspection 8.30am Saturday morning