PDA

View Full Version : Ground Development

what_no_pies
07-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Been thinking about this today with the safe standing thing coming up again and hearing the Cricket Field stand is structurally sound for a number of years yet.

My opinion is that The Turf's redeeming feature is the fact it's a real old ground and that we should preserve that as much as possible. Get the away fans in a corner of the Jimmy Mac somewhere and give the Cricket and Bob Lord a full facelift and let's embrace the historic parts of the ground, no, show them off.

Maybe add some safe standing to further cement this more traditional football experience and then embrace the fact that we are a club with a very rich history. Perhaps add a filter on the PA to give a feel/sound of the 60's and our glory days. Reproduce programmes in the style of the old ones and serve up traditional football fare. Think this could be the key to helping us offer a unique experience in the modern game and bringing back more of a matchday atmosphere.

Let's preserve our history rather than demolishi

Rileybobs
07-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Don't forget to bring your rattle.

summitclaret
07-02-2014, 06:48 PM
As a start why not convert part of the CF stand to a safe standing area, subject to law changes. This would nullify the opposition noise and address the old complaint that the players can only hear the away fans when in the dressing rooms.

Doubt it would cost a relative fortune.

stevie_thunder
07-02-2014, 07:33 PM
"Maybe add some safe standing to further cement this more traditional football experience and then embrace the fact that we are a club with a very rich history. Perhaps add a filter on the PA to give a feel/sound of the 60's and our glory days. Reproduce programmes in the style of the old ones and serve up traditional football fare."

Charge thrupence ha'penny to get in.

Winning idea.

dougcollins
07-02-2014, 07:38 PM
You should ask some away fans what they think of the 'old world charm' of the CFS.

Claretforever
07-02-2014, 07:49 PM
If it is in fact structurally sound (?) then some investment underneath, plus plastic seats would make it look a hell of a lot better. Nothing wrong with wooden from a seating POV, but purely aesthetically, Clarets plastic ones would look better and a lick of paint on the metal work.

Underneath they could improve the lighting, and maybe put some windows looking onto the Cricket Pitch? It'll just feel a lot bigger under there.

BelialofBacup
07-02-2014, 07:53 PM
I like summit's idea. And if we ever felt the need to sit down, there's more leg room in there anyway ;D

ClaretTony2014
07-02-2014, 08:05 PM
"As a start why not convert part of the CF stand to a safe standing area, subject to law changes."

I've posted it on another thread but the cfs is not suitable for having standing areas.

paderbornclaret
07-02-2014, 08:11 PM
What is the official gradient for terracing...does it depend on width and depth or is it universal?

Rick_Muller
07-02-2014, 08:54 PM
"I've posted it on another thread but the cfs is not suitable for having standing areas."

Doesn't stop the away fans week in week out though does it CT...

I get the sentiment about having home fans building an atmosphere above the dressing room - brilliant went the team are doing well... Deadly when the team aren't though - and the most important atmosphere is when they're on the pitch, surely...!