PDA

View Full Version : A great sporting Saturday..

hampsteadclaret
08-02-2014, 09:34 PM
- starting this morning with the snowboarding aerobatics from Sochi..just brilliant and the BBC 'slow-mo's' were world class.

Rain and wet pitches meant that my own school football was off...disappointing but ok I will watch the 6 Nations rugby instead...a great show by the Irish at the Aviva just outthinking Wales on how to play this one match...Ireland kept it tight, loving the set plays denying the Welsh space and the use of all their flair. Jonny Sexton ran the game and the Irish rolling maul was great fun to watch,
England battered the 'sweaties' 0-20 could have been 3-35 loved watching that..
England vs Ireland in a fortnight = don't miss it..:D
Then the Clarets gave the nasty crew a good beating pushes us back up the table..what a good season we are having...looking forward to seeing it tonight..
- the pub was busy, great atmosphere with good pals what else do you want in your downtime when results are going your way..where would we be without our sport.?...for the really keen

minniemouth
08-02-2014, 09:40 PM
To true Hampstead and Ole Einar won the biathlon at 40. There's a chancefor us yet.

Claret_on_Sea
08-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Good sporting day, I agree. Hope the Russian TV crews provide the same sideways on camera shots for he skiing. The snowboarders were amazing, shame our lads couldn't pull it off. Great to see sunshine and blue skies.

Great to tonk Scotland on their own rubbish pitch.

Liking forward to seeing Mr Marney's goal later.

Redbeard
08-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Are you really still at school, Hampstead ? :O

:D

hampsteadclaret
08-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Redbeard you old wag...you're wasted on here...you don't miss a trick do you..?... well sharp..:D
I was very happy to do the school footy, still like it ( only 2 games played this term by my 3rd XI...5-0 and 8-0 wins both away games) but if they get called off as 3 matches have been, I can always fill the time...

- sometimes in my head I am still a schoolboy..;D

Redbeard
08-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Me too, mate.

And my schooldays were over 500 years ago. :)

How did you know I was wasted, btw ? :?