PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen fans "up there with the foulest in Scotland"

mitherzundhand
09-02-2014, 10:02 AM
From today's Scotland on Sunday:

On a day to remember for the travelling Aberdeen support, their repertoire was one to forget.

The encounter was played against the backdrop of abuse suffered by Lennon when at Tynecastle last week to watch the Dons? 4-0 semi-final win over St Johnstone.

Fair enough, if they wanted to tell him to ?get tae f***? within seconds of the first whistle, and offer a surreal interpretation of the events in Gorgie with a chant of "always the victim, it?s never your fault". But they strayed towards the offensive with "you?'re in the wrong f***in? country" and "Jimmy Savile is one of your own" Maybe Aberdeen really are heading towards the big time again if their followers can show they're up there with the foulest in Scotland.

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Journalists get far too much mileage out of this stuff and should concentrate on the fitba.

When did we become so sensitive?

Mickybhoy
09-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Aberdeen fans have certainly taken over from the Zombie

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 10:05 AM
No chance. You should hear the stuff we sing pre and post match.

XD

Dullard
09-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Journalists get far too much mileage out of this stuff and should concentrate on the fitba.

When did we become so sensitive?

We didn,t.

Lets be realistic, no one is genuinely offended by that sort of stuff.

DannyBhoy
09-02-2014, 10:06 AM
They were singing 'What time is your ferry?' when I think they had 4 Irishmen playing for them.

sheepy are a strange bunch.

That was the first time I had heard 'You are a weegie' belted out. I laughed.

Mickybhoy
09-02-2014, 10:07 AM
The sheep have no patter they just copy hvnnery

grubber83
09-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Still ragging? Good >:)

DannyBhoy
09-02-2014, 10:11 AM

Still ragging? Good >:)[/quote]

'Ragging'?

>:)

herewego10inarow
09-02-2014, 10:12 AM
No chance. You should hear the stuff we sing pre and post match.

XD

"We" XD

arab777
09-02-2014, 10:12 AM
"up there with the foulest in Scotland"

telling people to go home and singing about child abuse. I wonder who it is they are up there with. Sounds very familiar

IanAberdon
09-02-2014, 10:13 AM
You know the Dandies are back when the journos start dredging up shyte about the team, fans & city generally. >:)

And we are back >:) >:)

grubber83
09-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Still ragging? Good >:)[/quote]

'Ragging'?

>:)[/quote]

:D well you get my drift anyway.

Dirty_Dingus_Magee
09-02-2014, 10:29 AM
We've sung you're in the wrong phucking country for years, to Celtic and Rangers in a response to their songs about Irish wars from years ago.

Like someone else said, you know Aberdeen are doing well when the papers bring this up.
GIUY, take a defeat on the chin ye bad losers.

rubic
09-02-2014, 10:37 AM
We've sung you're in the wrong phucking country for years, to Celtic and Rangers in a response to their songs about Irish wars from years ago.

Like someone else said, you know Aberdeen are doing well when the papers bring this up.

This is correct. As always the media are not telling the whole story.
Jimmy Saville thing is wrong though.

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 10:43 AM

Jimmy Saville thing is wrong though.[/quote]

What's wrong with it ? :?

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 10:47 AM

what is right with it?

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Timmy has the right to screen all songs at the fitba and decide if they're right or wrong.

Don't forget that.

rubic
09-02-2014, 10:57 AM

Jimmy Saville thing is wrong though.[/quote]

What's wrong with it ? :?[/quote]

If you don't know what's wrong with it, I'm going to assume you think it's ok. Can you tell me why you think it's ok?

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Do songs have to be 'okay' to be sung at the fitba? Who decides what's okay and what isn't?

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Do songs have to be 'okay' to be sung at the fitba? Who decides what's okay and what isn't?

I'm not asking whether it should be sung at the football or not. I'm asking why is it sung.

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 11:02 AM
To wind Tims up, obviously.

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 11:03 AM

and it works a treat XD XD XD

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:04 AM

what is right with it?[/quote]

It doesn't celebrate brutal sectarian murder - like your songbook

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:04 AM

"Jimmy Savile is one of your own"?

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
I love Timothy's selective offendedness.

XD

coalburnsheep
09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
the jimmy saville song was aimed at a tube who took off his shell suit top and wanted to fight all the aberdeen fans, before he got chucked out XD XD XD XD XD

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:07 AM

"Jimmy Savile is one of your own"?[/quote]

I once heard Jimmy Saville was a Celtic supporter. Is it true?

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 11:07 AM

"Jimmy Savile is one of your own"?[/quote]

he was a Celtic fan there are pictures out there

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:08 AM

XD

Your skirting around this. I am just asking what why saville is 'one of us' No explanation seems to be forthcoming.

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 11:08 AM
We're no' allowed to speak about it, Mogwai, as you well know.

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:09 AM
He once wore a celtic top on TOTP. Well not quite. It was a half celtic half Rangers top. So that makes him half one of you.

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:10 AM

XD

Your skirting around this. I am just asking what why saville is 'one of us' No explanation seems to be forthcoming.[/quote]

I said, I thought he was a Celtic supporter. Not sure if it is true or not. Is it?

AguyIknow
09-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Jimmy Saville personal friend of Maggie Thatcher and the Royals? That **** has nowt to do with any Scottish club. Hope he died agonisingly

pwlp
From today's Scotland on Sunday:

On a day to remember for the travelling Aberdeen support, their repertoire was one to forget.

The encounter was played against the backdrop of abuse suffered by Lennon when at Tynecastle last week to watch the Dons? 4-0 semi-final win over St Johnstone.

Fair enough, if they wanted to tell him to ?get tae f***? within seconds of the first whistle, and offer a surreal interpretation of the events in Gorgie with a chant of "always the victim, it?s never your fault". But they strayed towards the offensive with "you?'re in the wrong f***in? country" and "Jimmy Savile is one of your own" Maybe Aberdeen really are heading towards the big time again if their followers can show they're up there with the foulest in Scotland.

Written by a man who used to be editor of the Celtic View apparently. Never heard him complain when Sellik fans sing "Ooh, Ahh, Up the 'Ra" etc, in the past did we? Nah, selectiv

Mickybhoy
Bet ye didnae know Torbett was a hvn Grug

eastcoastscot

XD

Your skirting around this. I am just asking what why saville is 'one of us' No explanation seems to be forthcoming.[/quote]

I said, I thought he was a Celtic supporter. Not sure if it is true or not. Is it?[/quote]

it's true

maryscanary
Your skirting around this. I am just asking what why saville is 'one of us' No explanation seems to be forthcoming.

Do you really dispute the contents of post 29??

rubic
09-02-2014, 11:13 AM

I suppose the individual's class will decide.

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Bet ye didnae know Torbett was a hvn Grug[/quote]

He was a German?

:O

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Do you really dispute the contents of post 29??

He had no interest in football

Mickybhoy
09-02-2014, 11:15 AM
No... he follow followed the dead south side club

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Anyone would think the yahoos got pumped oot the cup yesterday.

:D

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 11:19 AM
what's this then >>>>>>>> - view external link (http://i.imgur.com/3GyBW.jpg)

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:20 AM
A photo opportunity at the community games. Must do better

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 11:22 AM

FFS XD XD XD XD XD

maryscanary
09-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Bet ye didnae know Torbett was a hvn Grug

Was he?? What constitutes a hvn in your warped little sectarian mind. Was he a Bear? Was he a Protestant? Was he a DOB? What type of hvn are you alluding to??

Did he become 'in/famous' for his hvnnery?

Or did he become 'in/famous' for something else, somewhere else?

By the way, the subject of Torbet is something I avoid, as with almost all other aspects of child abuse. However when one of the perpetually offended brings up the subject of child abuse in Scottish football to point score, then I feel that I have little choice, other than to respond.

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:26 AM

FFS XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Is that really your evidence? Talk about clutching at straws. Why didn't you post the picture from TOTP as far as I could see the only picture with the hoops. Is it because half the strip is a Rangers top?

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Jimmy Saville personal friend of Maggie Thatcher and the Royals?

Is that why he got his Papal Knighthood?

AguyIknow
09-02-2014, 11:29 AM
what's this then >>>>>>>>

Jimmy Saville in a tartan kilt. You're not suggesting SlR jimmy saville was Scottish are you?

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 11:32 AM

FFS XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Is that really your evidence? Talk about clutching at straws. Why didn't you post the picture from TOTP as far as I could see the only picture with the hoops. Is it because half the strip is a Rangers top?[/quote]

have you been searching ya fhud :O

maryscanary
09-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Jimmy Saville in a tartan kilt. You're not suggesting SlR jimmy saville was Scottish are you?

Here's a wee clue for you.

It was NOT a Clan tartan he was wearing.

grubber83
09-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Do you know what, to all you tims that are uber offended by that, good go f*ck yourselves. Sick of you selective prycks, belting out songs about terrorists and murderers is ok though eh?

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Jimmy Saville personal friend of Maggie Thatcher and the Royals?

Is that why he got his Papal Knighthood?[/quote]

or his knighthood at Thatcher's request?

Thatcher lobbied for Savile knighthood despite warnings

Lady Thatcher sought the honour for Savile's charity work

Senior civil servants repeatedly warned Margaret Thatcher about the risks of giving Jimmy Savile a knighthood in the 1980s, one describing the broadcaster as a "strange and complex man".

Saville used his charity work as cover for his horrible abuse and used anyone and everyone he could to project that image. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23355531)

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Aye he definitely had a lot of people on his side. - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-and-the-ira-predator-boasted-1389710)

AguyIknow
09-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Here's a wee clue for you.

It was NOT a Clan tartan he was wearing.[/quote]

Black and white photo, you 100 per cent sure of that? And do many non-Scots stoat about in a kilt?

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Aye he definitely had a lot of people on his side.

yes it just shows you how much of a fantasist and a con artist he was while at the same time spending every Christmas at chequers with Thatcher (which did happen). Do you really think MI6 would allow that if there was any truth in it?

BertrandRussell
09-02-2014, 11:43 AM
This thread only goes to prove that Tims (and sheep) are just as bad as us for using these topics to 'point-score'.

rubic
09-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Are people getting mixed up with Saville and Seville :-D

AguyIknow
09-02-2014, 11:48 AM

A guy with proven links to thatcher and someone thatcher championed for a knighthood claims "I know IRA men in the IRA" to hide his heinous crimes and Naymar clings to that fantasy.

FFS stop.

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 11:51 AM

A guy with proven links to thatcher and someone thatcher championed for a knighthood claims "I know IRA men in the IRA" to hide his heinous crimes and Naymar clings to that fantasy.

FFS stop.[/quote]

IRA men like Gerry Adams brother would definitely move in the same circles as Saville

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:53 AM

FFS stop.[/quote]

Aye he sure did have friends in high - or should I say low - places. :/ - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jimmy-savile-cardinal-keith-obrien-1731376)

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 11:56 AM
He sure did have friends in high - or should I say low - places. :/

what point are you trying to make? It has already been established he courted friendships with people right across the spectrum of society to promote his image as a man of charity. It seems you are being a bit selective. I can guess why

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
"right across the spectrum of society"

I'll definitely give you that one.

And I'm not the one who started on being "selective"

mogwaiCSC
09-02-2014, 12:01 PM
[quote="NeymarsHatTrick"

I'll definitely give you that one.

And I'm not the one who started on being "selective"[/quote]

Your first post on this thread was what it wrong with claiming saville was 'one of your own'? So I am glad you have conceded that one then. We got there in the end.

eastcoastscot
09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Your first post on this thread was what it wrong with claiming saville was 'one of your own'? So I am glad you have conceded that one then. We got there in the end.

he was a tim and that's a fact whether you like it or not

AguyIknow
09-02-2014, 12:05 PM
That ****bag had friends in high places throughout Britain's establishment. Despite this I don't think anyone suggests British society condones such depravity.

Give over trying to point-score against other football teams on such a sick cnt

NeymarsHatTrick
09-02-2014, 12:08 PM

If I could understand that I might agree that I "conceded" anything. Which I don't remember doing. :?