PDA

View Full Version : Safe Standing. A Vote!!

vespabri
14-02-2014, 01:20 PM
A big YES from me.
Now your turn.

shiregreenmillers
14-02-2014, 01:23 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

millertop
14-02-2014, 01:28 PM
No from me

stevemiller
14-02-2014, 01:29 PM
For me it would be (at NYS) top half of north and south stands then everyones happy.

Except of course those who want to sit in the top half and stand in the bottom half but not move season ticket seats.

stormmiller
14-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Perhaps i'm getting old but in that rail seat format a big NO! to be honest i like my seat as is

jolly_roger
14-02-2014, 01:41 PM
...and a NO from me

Heman
14-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Personally some of my fondest memories and the most excited i got were when I was in the Kop singing. People on their bums don't tend to sing.

For me the objection to safe-standing area is all cow-towing to the Liverpool fans who blame everyone and everything but themselves. In reality standing (the old way) would add to the atmosphere, increase capacity and still be safe. With this I mean a safety barrier roughly every four steps.

I don't reckon much to a seat and a barrier per person.

Let's face it, managed properly this would not be an issue. Our crowds are simply too small.

I would also like to add that whenever I watch a Liverpool match or Man U match they ALWAYS stand.

tony260674
14-02-2014, 01:45 PM
In general yes.
At NYS? No

millmoormagic
14-02-2014, 01:47 PM
No, in any ground.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Yes from me. If it goes ahead there will still be plenty of normal seats available.

jolly_roger
14-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Personally some of my fondest memories and the most excited i got were when I was in the Kop singing. People on their bums don't tend to sing.

For me the objection to safe-standing area is all cow-towing to the Liverpool fans who blame everyone and everything but themselves. In reality standing (the old way) would add to the atmosphere, increase capacity and still be safe. With this I mean a safety barrier roughly every four steps.

I don't reckon much to a seat and a barrier per person.

Let's face it, managed properly this would not be an issue. Our crowds are simply too small.

I would also like to add that whenever I watch a Liverpool match or Man U match they ALWAYS stand.

You naughty person having a pop at the Liverpool fans.

Agree entirely though.

Still a NO from me btw

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Really jolly? I got the impression you were all for safe standing. :D :D

Tupper
14-02-2014, 02:15 PM
No thank you. Football needs to move forwards and become a more civilized experience, seating fosters a more civil environment. Just my opinion.

vespabri
14-02-2014, 02:23 PM
When i say its a yes from me, what i mean is a NO to old style terracing as that would,in my view , be a step back.
But these rail seats are a totally different kettle of fish, less open space for fans to create a momentum that would crush others,and also how many of us have felt abit unstable whilst moving across the rows of seats at NYS with it being so steep and nothing to grab onto for safey, ive seen loads of people fall and almost fall onto the person in front of them.
Cheaper tickets,a chioce of whether to sit or stand.
Old style terracing...NO
New rail seats...YES.
And how many of you have a season ticket next to some miserable sod or loudmouth or ignorant family or whatever..with standing you"d just move elsewhere.

millerman_in_newyork
14-02-2014, 02:38 PM
NO lets move forwards not back!

vespabri
14-02-2014, 02:42 PM
But i thought in modern life we were supposed to have more CHOICE??
Its not old terracing, its MODERN rail seats..theres a big difference.
Each to their own but i"m really surprised at some replies...oh well.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-02-2014, 02:42 PM
This is moving forwards.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
14-02-2014, 02:44 PM
People who are idiots are still idiots even when they sit down.

jolly_roger
14-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Really jolly? I got the impression you were all for safe standing. :D :D

Actually I am providing it's done outside the stadium.

millertop
14-02-2014, 02:51 PM
You ask for a vote and some have put there choice but you're surprised by some, I don't get why, is it because they don't agree with you?

If the club put rails in because the majority want them then that's far enough, no skin off my nose but I choose to sit

vespabri
14-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Not at all Top, i was surprised that the AMOUNT that prefer not.
And if they chose to install them because of a majority voting for them & you choose to sit then thats the whole point of it...CHOICE!!
If i thought that everyone would choose to have them then that would be a bit narrow minded of me wouldnt it pal.

ivor_b_hardy
14-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Yes, but on the north stand only with a cut off point level with the goal line so that everyone can see.

4XXXX
14-02-2014, 03:55 PM
NO.Our stadium is great as it is. Would also like to mention that when I go to away games with my 80 year old uncle who cannot stand we have had run ins with people who refuse to sit in their seat and dont care they are spoiling the game for others by blocking the view.If seats are provided they should be used. Call me a miserable git but I like sitting now but would also say I stood in the kop for many years at millmoor but that was then.

deano_83
14-02-2014, 04:29 PM
will run a site poll on this early next week after tomorrows MOTM as it's developing into an interesting debate.

Yes generally from me (only at our ground if we develop and put another tier of seating on top of the North stand) - being able to stand more away from home in an appropriate area would be a nice choice.

IMO there's just as much chance of injury if not more with people going mad celebrating a goal and falling over seats as there is on a terrace.

There was an interview with Paul Douglas on Millersplayer yesterday pretty much ruling out anything happening at NYS, bit of a cautious response when he was asked if they would consider it, so fear not those of you totally against the idea.

villamiller
14-02-2014, 04:41 PM
sit in the north stand and not sure wich way to go on this one, if they put another tier on the north stand as deano says would deffo sit in it and leave the standing to the young lads down below :D

KerrAvon
14-02-2014, 05:07 PM
For me the objection to safe-standing area is all cow-towing to the Liverpool fans who blame everyone and everything but themselves.I think that's SYP that you are thinking of

vespabri
14-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I think some people are thinking it would be a case of there"d be some seats down and some up in the stand, but i think it would be all seats up or all seats down.

If we were to add a 2nd tier to the north stand with SAFE STANDING how would that affect the others that prefer seats??

millertop
14-02-2014, 07:02 PM
[quote="vespabri"d be some seats down and some up in the stand, but i think it would be all seats up or all seats down.

If we were to add a 2nd tier to the north stand with SAFE STANDING how would that affect the others that prefer seats??[/quote]

The seats are suppose to lock, so if you are paying to stand then that's what you will do all through the game and won't be able to sit unless you sit on the floor

loyalmiller
14-02-2014, 07:07 PM
No...

vespabri
14-02-2014, 07:07 PM
The way i take it is theres some games designated All standing in said stand, and some games designated all seating in said stand...could be wrong though.

Deepmidwinter
14-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Nope nein nee nie ne non nai tidak

gramiller1959
14-02-2014, 07:57 PM
NO FROM ME

swintondude
14-02-2014, 09:40 PM
No,,,,,,,,

Seamoose
14-02-2014, 10:05 PM
For me the objection to safe-standing area is all cow-towing to the Liverpool fans who blame everyone and everything but themselves.I think that's SYP that you are thinking of[/quote]

Absolutely. An incredibly ignorant and factually incorrect statement from Heman.

ap_miller
14-02-2014, 10:09 PM
No, to standing

Tupper
15-02-2014, 01:12 AM
For me the objection to safe-standing area is all cow-towing to the Liverpool fans who blame everyone and everything but themselves.

Sorry Heman but cow-towing made me chuckle...

millavanilla
15-02-2014, 08:27 AM
We can all stand now if there was enough wanted to do it..but its not really that safe of course..very funny how we all rise from our seats when theres goalmouth action, and told to sit down like schoolkids in a classroom...in winter, sat on a cold seat isnt really that nice...standing up is much warmer...soft british...we WILL do as we are told...

Heman
15-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Factually correct. Its liverpool fans who are objecting to it. It's liverpool fans who still stand at every game they go to. Fact.

Double standards. If they have a fatality at Anfield it won't be their fault.

vespabri
15-02-2014, 10:55 AM
We can all stand now if there was enough wanted to do it..but its not really that safe of course..very funny how we all rise from our seats when theres goalmouth action, and told to sit down like schoolkids in a classroom...in winter, sat on a cold seat isnt really that nice...standing up is much warmer...soft british...we WILL do as we are told... Apparently thats progress pal..:blue: :blue:

vespabri
15-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Factually correct. Its liverpool fans who are objecting to it. It's liverpool fans who still stand at every game they go to. Fact.

Double standards. If they have a fatality at Anfield it won't be their fault. Liked...but its not all Liverpool fans though, just a section.

Barnsley_Miller
15-02-2014, 11:10 AM
No Thanks.

nymiller95
16-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Yes for me